Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 1,553 reviews
on March 11, 2016
I received USED product. It came in a frayed Blockbuster disc box. The disc was dirty with fingerprints and smudges on the data side of the disk. I paid $4.52 for a used disk sols as new.
on August 10, 2012
"An Inconvenient Truth" (Purchased July 9, 2012)

Haven't viewed the product received. I expected a dvd in a standard package that would fit into my storage racks. Product delivered in a card stock paper envelope - i'm assuming it is in there. I ordered the dvd because i couldn't find my copy and i wanted to loan it to my sister to view but couldn't find it. I went back to see if i had missed something in the product description that would indicate irregular packaging.

Don't want you to share this with anybody else, just wanted you to know i'm disappointed and this will affect all future orders from Amazon.com.
on February 22, 2011
I must have gotten a bootleg copy of this documentary. The sound quality was horrible; we could not understand what Al Gore was saying. Poor quality taping as well. I would not recommend buying this product.
on January 24, 2007
I haven't worked out how to play the dvd yet. It all has to do with regional codes. My dvd is labelled "ALL" which I presume will play all dvd's. An inconvenient truth is rated region 1 designed to be compatible with region 1 DVD players. Can I play it on my DVD

Regards, Sumner
66 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2016
Ten years later we can see how ridiculous this fool turned out to be with his false predictions. I'm old enough to remember when the big scare was global cooling. Politicians are always creating a crisis in order to extract more tax money from citizens.
on February 26, 2007
This book may not have the meat to satisfy the scientifically hungry, yet it finds common ground that I think we can all relate. All the profits received from this book (and the movie) will be donated to support efforts to combat global warming, so financial reward was not an enticement for creating this book. Mr. Gore has devoted a large part of his life to politics yet this book seems hardly political. So, where's his motivation? I believe it is through a genuine concern for our planet and in seizing an opportunity to bring this important issue to the forefront of public discourse especially in this country.

The book presents a set of undeniable facts supported by the global scientific community together with a plea to reverse our fate. It is a call to turn lemons into lemonade and left me felling hopeful rather than depressed that we still have an opportunity to not only change our destiny but to find opportunity in making that change. The end of the book sites concrete and practical suggestions that allow all of us a part in this grand plan. I believe it's an insightful and courageous book and I'm forever grateful to Al Gore for sharing it with us.

Update: September 3, 2010

I recently read my old reviews and realized the need to update a couple of them, namely this one and my review on Barrack Obama's book, The Audacity of Hope.

I have no defence for publishing my pathetic review and naïve assessment of this book. I was duped into believing it was a labor of love, a product of altruism, a wakeup call to save our planet!

In reality, Al Gore is nothing more than an opportunist, a scum-sucking socialist, a liar and a fraud. "Do as I say, not as I do" is the hallmark of Al Gore. Like Barack Obama and all the rest beholden to those who will not stop until the world is totally under their control, Al Gore has done us a great disservice.

The Fourth Reich is upon us and our national sovereignty is dissolving at an ever more rapid rate. A powerful group of international socialists together with a NeoNazi congressional delegation are in control in our country and represent an amalgamation of the Democrat and Republican leadership working in concert with a CFR infested Administration.

For those uninitiated with the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), they are an organization established in 1921; they meet in secret and are represented by some of the most powerful people in our country. Members of the CFR dominate cabinet level positions in federal government and many of our most powerful corporate boards. The mission of the CFR lies in the establishment of the supranational state - one government, one justice system, one military, and one people - a world oligarchy. Their membership and operations overlap with those of the Bilderberg Group and the Trilateral Commission. Only one country effectively can foil their plans, The People of the United States, and we are going down fast.

By the way, Al Gore is a member of the CFR. God help us.
1313 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2015
I watched about an hour of the movie. I began doing so with an open mind, and a general underlying belief in global warming, etc. The movie didn't really change my opinion regarding global warming, but I thought the way the material was presented -- e.g., Al Gore's "I (we) know better than you", and sarcastic commentary -- distracted and detracted from the important message of the movie. Is it a documentary? Is it a docu-drama? In order to address complex topics like global warming, we need to enlist, and not alienate, people.
on February 27, 2016
SO many of these predictions have failed to come true. Would never have rented it without being required by a professor.
on October 25, 2015
Had to watch for a college class. Old and outdated. Politically motivated. Watching Doomsday Called Off dispelled a lot of this junk.
on July 25, 2016