Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 22 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on September 4, 2014
I picked this book up when it was offered for free, put it in the appropriate categories, and almost forgot that I had it. Given the length in which it treats it's subject, I expected it to be one of those volumes you have to wade through in hopes of picking up a nugget of truth here and perhaps a pithy statement there, but otherwise uninteresting. However, I marked it as a reference for a study on sanctification, and I am everlastingly glad I did. The entire book is a rare jewel of biblical truth balanced with practical application. The four main sections on Knowledge, Faith, Character, and Action thoroughly explain, illustrate, and apply each of these key aspects of our journey toward Christlikeness. It avoids the shallowness of so many modern "self-help" books published on the Christian life by laying a solid biblical foundation for each element of its subject matter while simultaneously putting them well within reach of the "average" Christian. It is weighty without being wearisome. Simple, without being shallow. It is not only highly readable, but will be a book you will reference repeatedly over the years.
on April 3, 2015
I cannot recommend An infinite Journey highly enough. It is not only incredibly thorough, it is engaging written, well organized, and fast reading. Most of all, I found Davis bringing the Truth of God's word to bear on my heart in a way that move me from reading to prayer and worship over and over again as I read. It is an incredible resource for discipleship groups. He has divided the book up into sections that fit tightly together, yet also provide a naturally opportunity for a break if it is needed.
on January 21, 2016
This book has impacted and transformed my knowledge, faith, character, and actions. Dr. Davis writes in a very organized and effective style. His presentation of the cycle of sanctification is clearly presented and indisputable (due to his proficient use of scripture.) If you are looking to grow in your knowledge and understanding of Christian sanctification, I can't not recommend this enough.
on July 15, 2016
Excellent book! We have enjoyed taking over a year to cover this excellent book in our weekly Men's group Bible Study. I commend it to other men's (or Women's) groups as a thorough coverage of the many facets of our path toward maturity and sanctification and how to handle our many challenges in the world we are facing in 2016 and beyond.
on January 30, 2014
After reading a strong review from Tim Challies, I decided to download this book and can now see why Challies sang its praises. It has enough theological depth to keep even the veteran believer engaged yet it does not sacrifice readability. The author pushes forth a premise in the first chapter and then supports it through the remainder of the book. Every devoted Christian longs for sanctification and to run that race better each day. This book speaks to that journey in an inspiring way.
on January 17, 2014
An Infinite Journey is the product of Dr. Davis' biblical acumen and his pastoral heart. It is filled with both sound doctrine and practical application. Those who want to grow in consistency and intentionality in their walk with Christ should definitely read this book.
on February 11, 2014
This book is written so that you can read a few pages , put it down and go and think about it. You can then come back to it. Rather like eating a really lovely meal at a leisurely pace. It is very solid and thought provoking. I am a retired minister after 50 years of ministry and I am 75 years old. It is so refreshing to read this book and it is a resource for me in my present position as Associate Minister for Seniors.
on July 6, 2014
I wish I had this book when I professed faith 40 some years ago. It would have saved much heartache due to the easy believe-ism that I bought in to that was so prevalent back then in evangelical churches. One of the best books on what salvation through Christ looks like I have ever read
on March 1, 2016
Dr. Davis methodically, yet passionately, helps believers understand the call of God to give Him glory and then carefully explains the walk to get there. It should be a slow read.
on February 15, 2014
One of the most comprehensive treatments of the doctrine of sanctification available today. Doctrinal, pastoral, readable and prayerfully liveable - inward and outward.