Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 39 reviews
on January 20, 2013
First let me say that if you are expecting Nine Inch Nails you will be disappointed. If you approach it with an open mind and have an interest in electronic music you may like it. Most of the songs are quite mellow on this ep (versus the first ep), but they have a way of getting stuck in your head. I found it interesting to hear Trent work with a female singer, hopefully the band releases a full length in the near future.
on March 6, 2013
This album is a great follow-up to How to Destroy Angels, it offers a lot more range and experimentation. Some haunting sounds to be sure, i love music that gives me goosebumps...

The pacing would be the only flaw, it didn't seem to 'flow' for me... like a compilation album with no context to marry the songs together...
on January 30, 2013
I am enjoying this album just as much as the first self-titled debut album by "How to destroy angels". I was very intrigued when I realized this album was released, I purchased & downloaded it 5 minutes later.
on February 23, 2013
Is it wrong to love anything Trent Reznor touches? This is a little softer than his solo/NIN material, which is why I love it. Great background music, and his wife's voice is amazing. It adds a nice organic touch.
on October 27, 2014
Great album(EP). This is the EP companion to Welcome Oblivion. Has a couple cuts only available on this EP.
on March 11, 2013
My husband was thrilled to get this disk, which had more songs than the version he'd downloaded from the artists website... it also came with a code to download even more songs, whicih of course he did.
on July 12, 2015
Excellent product and seller. Highly recommended.
on December 20, 2013
Preface: I am a huge fan of Trent Reznor. I think he is by far one of the greatest modern musicians in the "mainstream" (I use that term because, let's face it; he's not in the Trans-Siberian Orchestra - just to be fair, there are way better technical musicians currently walking the face of the earth ... but I digress).

My love for for Trent goes far, but doesn't totally blind me. I probably can name 5-10 NIN songs I despise right off the top of my head. Hey! Being a fan doesn't mean loving EVERYTHING!

Anyway, HTDA ... this EP was pretty weak in my opinion. The previous EP was song strong and full that I almost feel like if they swapped the songs around you would have two decent EPs instead of one strong and one kind of boring ...

But, hey, they're artists and it's their agenda to do what they want. Trent has already established himself as a badass, so who does he have to answer to when making music? No one. None of them do.

ut, for what my opinion is worth, I would recommend just buying the mp3 of "Ice Age" and leaving the rest until you are DYING for more HTDA music.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2014
Awesome music.
on May 26, 2013
but ill take it. its not your typical Reznor, but it has a lot of potential. cant wait to see whats next.