Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 31 reviews
on April 11, 2015
Great book! It has a lot more than I expected. Not one of those "this is how you do it" guides that just don't work. Every person is different & this book covers the facts for everyone to learn from.
on January 31, 2014
This book is truly amazing, dealing with all aspects of this most important aspect of every person. The physiological descriptions and illustrations opened my eyes. There is just so much ignorance about the actual structure and physiology of the anus, rectum, sigmoid colon, and descending colon. It takes no more proof than reading any number of sex blogs, and even Wikipedia. There is so much this book can teach you about the real physiology of these areas, as opposed to all the misinformation you will encounter on www.

However, there is so much more to this book than the physical aspects. Professional sexologist Dr. Jack deals with all the emotional, psychological and spiritual issues as well. I found myself agreeing with everything I was reading, and feeling really excited about it all! This book contains so much common sense and even mystical truths. Ask me: I have been practicing Buddhist meditation for 19 years, which has completely transformed my everyday experiences. This author knows what he is talking about, and what he says can be truly helpful and healing for any injured soul, including many injured behinds. You don't even have be interested in anal eroticism to benefit. It is also about good health, of which the anus, rectum and colon form an integral part.

Before reading this book I always felt a little uneasy about my very personal and long-standing interest in this subject, going back to when I was only three and knew absolutely nothing about sex. At that tender age I felt great excitement and an urge (itch?), but did not know what it all meant. It has taken a long time for me to come to fully accept this aspect of myself, due to all the prejudice, hatred, ignorance, religious taboos, and plain old stupidity that exists around this vitally important subject. Full and final self-acceptance, and a much better understanding of what is going on within, only really came with the reading of this important book.

I even urged my wife to read it. She has no interest in anal exploration at all, but she has some issues with anal tension relating to piles from time to time. Needless to say, I never have any piles. She knows about my personal interest and accepts it fully. I understand her personal disinterest and also accept that fully.

Dr. Jack is completely non-judgmental (wisely so) about all aspects of sexuality, ranging from strict monogamy to outright promiscuity. That is precisely how it should be: he is a true professional. In the process he helps the reader to come to terms with his or her own personal issues, and to move towards greater self-acceptance, which is the basis of every personal spiritual path. We cannot love others fully and truly until we come to terms with our own demons and learn to accept all aspects of ourselves fully, the good with the so-called "bad".

This book comes highly recommended for those people for whom anal sex, anal health, and anal exploration presents a stigma. It will help you get over it. There is so much prejudice and aversion to this very important topic, but sexologist Jack takes all the blinkers, and all the blinds off and goes into all aspects rationally and calmly, clearly illustrating that there is nothing to fear.

Thank you Jack! You are a true differentiator in this world!

JP
on December 19, 2012
I just found out that a new version of the classic guide to all things anal, Anal Pleasure and Health by Jack Morin, came out with a new edition! I’m excited to see what the changes were and I highly recommend this book to anyone looking to learn about anal play, for men or women, and even for those who think they know a thing or two about the butt. Trust me, you’ll learn something.

Anyone who wants to learn more about anal eroticism, anal health issues, and psychological aversions to anal play should pick up Jack Morin’s book.
on April 30, 2015
Your ass will thank you later
on October 23, 2012
The book itself is helpful, well-written, and definitely worth the read. The kindle version, however, contains a frustrating amount of grammatical errors. Within the first few pages of the Intro, I encountered missing spaces, lowercase words at the beginnings of sentences, and even omitted letters. For as much as the kindle version costs, I feel that this is unacceptable.
on December 30, 2013
It was an informative read with all the information written in a easy and enjoyable format. Any questions or doubts have been answered. If you are looking for enjoyment in this area, you will enjoy this book.
on February 23, 2016
This is an excellent book. In this field you find a lot books but very few written by a qualified and knowledgeable professional. We are lucky to have Dr. Morin's work.
on September 4, 2011
I am a community health nurse working with homeless young men, many of whom engage in very risky sexual activity. I use this book when we talk about about self care and risk reduction.
on July 18, 2015
this is a great book.
informative with out being overly dry.
highly recommend it
on March 25, 2014
I am so sorry Dr. Morin died before his time. What a great fellow who, though dead, continues to enlighten people. His memory is for good.