Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

• Anam
  • Customer Reviews

on December 11, 2017
This is a fine Clannad album.
on January 29, 2016
I had this as a tape years ago and missed listening to the great music. I love it!!
on January 28, 2013
This is probably my favorite of Clannad's works. The variety of songs is enjoyable, and it's wonderful to play just for some nice background music.
on July 7, 2014
Wonderful Celtic music.
on May 16, 2016
This was a gift for my husband. He loves it.
on January 7, 2014
It was great and I really enjoyed it. Thank you so very, very much for the great stuff. Thank you.
on December 20, 2013
This is one of my favorite tracks of theirs. So upbeat and gets right to your heart! Just like Enya!
on April 26, 2010
a pleasent chill out cd,not as strong in musical content as there following album banba,worth buying if you appreciate clannads music.
on November 24, 2014
I bought ANAM on cassette right after it was released circa 1991, and liked it so much I bought the CD a few years later.

In ANAM the vocals and instrumentation are wonderful, as always - and the songwriting is there as well. This is a great album and some of the tracks such as "In Fortune's Hand" and "The Poison Glen" are among the best CLANNAD has ever recorded. The flow of the album is good with a cohesive feel throughout. I put this right up with my other Clannad favorites (Sirius, Macalla, and Clannad In Concert).

Background: I started listening to Clannad in the late 80s when I heard the SIRIUS album. I loved the haunting feel of tracks like "Skellig" and "Turning Tide". Next I bought the MACALLA album and loved that as well. The mix of Irish folk, modern music, and that otherworldly, ethereal feel mixed with a unique vocal and great instrumentation had me hooked.
on May 20, 2002
Don't listen to the negative reviews on this album. Anam is a beautiful CD with a very jazzy twist but still has that Celtic sound.
Anam is Gaelic for 'Soul' and the album title was perfect because the music touches your soul.
Ri Na Cruinne opens this CD with a bang. It's a very haunting song with haunting vocals, ambient keyboards, and thundering beats. This is a song to play on a trip through the mountains on a cloudy evening. In A Lifetime features a duet with U2 frontman Bono. It's a very jazzy song that will make you feel good. IAL is also available on the 1985 album Macalla. One of my all-time favorite duets. The title track is very much like Ri Na Cruinne only more serene and dreamier. I played this song when walking through the colorful gardens on a cloudy evening and I was in total bliss because this song blossoms with beauty, soul, and magic. We head into much more upbeat territory with the Celtic/jazz fusion of In Fortunes Hand. This song is very upbeat with a bit of a pop/jazz/Celtic sound. The Poison Glen is more laid back with beautiful vocals and acoustic guitars with snares. This song is much more Celtic with an accordian. Wilderness is a pleasant acoustic guitar instrumental. Theme From Harrys Game is a very haunting song with a sort of Medieval twist. This song is beautiful but nothing like the next song. Why Worry made this a CD worth buying multiple times. It's a very warm, jazzy song with awesome keyboards, and beatiful chants. I love how the song becomes dark and misty towards the ending. Uirchill An Chreagin is ambient keyboards and gorgeous vocals to make a song to enjoy on a sunny or cloudy afternoon. Love And Affection is more rock oriented with a more upbeat yet moody sound. The song kind of breaks down towards the ending and ultimately fades into mostly ambience at the ending. You're The One is a more country oriented song with a sunny feel-good sound. Dobhar is a piano instrumental that closes this amazing CD.
This one is one of my favorite Clannad CDs in my collection. It's worth the price. I would say get this CD, it's an incredible piece of art. Well done Clannad.