Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 42 reviews
on January 17, 2013
I just finished the entertaining Sacra Terra: Angelic Night [Download], and have dived into this one.

Like Sacra Terra, "Deadwood" sports some very nice artwork for the hidden object scenes, making the HOG part of the game enjoyable.

Unlike Sacra Terra, this game features live voice acting, kind of a nice change of pace.

Also unlike Sacra Terra, you are not led by the hand through the story as much - you have to do more poking around to figure out some tasks. The map of locations is a lot smaller than the layout of Sacra Terra, so you can get to any location in the game pretty quick.

Some of the challenges are tricky and sometimes vague - the very first one requires you to complete a combination lock - seemed to me that they provide the numbers in a very round about way, and the solution was really hit and miss. You can skip the mini games if you wish.

I did get stuck in a couple spots, and luckily you can find a some handy walkthroughs online (the in-game journal really doesn't help you). Game length is about average for this type of game - you can finish it over the course of a few days.

Be aware that this game deals with death and ghosts - of course the title is indicative of the content, but your player name pops up on tombstones & coffins!
on September 21, 2014
This game was good, but not great. There are things the developers could have added to make the game much better and much better rating.
Pros:
-The storyline was very good. Blackjack's ghost is killing everyone in Deadwood after some men dug up his remains (he had killed in real life before his death as well). A boy named Billy is being chased in town by the ghost and you have to save him as well.
-Graphics and sound was very good.
-HOS were not hard at all and not cluttered.
Cons:
-There is no map at all so you are backtracking a lot.
-The hint option is ONLY available in HOS. So it is not useful when trying to find out what you have to do next. Game not clear on what to do next, so did have to resort to the walk-through on BF site. That is extremely rare.
-A little too much dialogue.
-Journal was absolutely useless. It only keeps track of the other people/ghosts you meet and the story about them. It does not keep track of certain diagrams or codes or anything for puzzles.
-Too much of the same puzzle. Most was jigsaw puzzle. A few were combination,a couple where you just rotate the pieces into the right spot, and there were at least 2 puzzles were instead of jigsaw, you had to move the long pieces horizontally or vertically until you get the image. That takes a lot of time, too much time. Ended up skipping that particular kind.
This game really had potential. The developers could have done better.
on June 26, 2012
Good graphics,always enjoy voice acting, in casual mode hint button recharges fairly fast, interesting story line, challenging puzzle with "skip" if needed. The hint button is only for the hidden object parts of the game but in casual mode it was not a problem figuring out what to do next. There is also a "walkthrough" available on line if needed. Good value for the price.
on July 3, 2012
This game is just as the previous reviewer stated. Long enough, just the right balance of hidden objects and puzzles and the puzzles were not too easy. I disagree with the opinion that this would be good for a child, maybe a teenager but I do not think a child could get through it but I did play the advanced option, which is an option I wish all games had. I agree with the comparison to 1000 doors series. Good game, worth the money it takes to buy it. You won't be disappointed.
on January 3, 2013
I read the reviews and bought this game. I play these games fairly often and enjoy them and I'm quite good at them. But partway through this one after retracing there was an object that simply was not there. Now I know in these games you can overlook something but I don't think so. I also know that some people will have faulty downloads or glitches and other people will get through the same game with no problem just fine. I wonder did anyone else have this problem. I'm glad I only payed $2.00 and deleted it. I know some have enjoyed the game but I'm going to try something else.
on January 11, 2013
This game looked interesting but there are no directions AT ALL so you kind of fumble through it. I have not given up even though I have gotten stuck with no idea what to do next. You need to take notes so you can remember what you are missing and how to get back to different places. The help button only lets you end the game or continue. BTW, I have done lots and lots of HO games so it's not like this is my first. Not well thought through.
on October 8, 2012
I started playing this game and was really enjoying it even though it is pretty simple. I can't finish because I get to a place (twice) and the item (after looking at cheats online) is not available. I have reinstalled the game and it still isn't there. Very frustrating since I payed for the game after enjoying the free 30 minutes.
on January 4, 2013
I tried over and over to get this to download, without success. Amazon was really great about helping me out, they answered my email right away with some helpful ideas, but in the end I have to email the game provider and got nowhere. they will not help. Note: not amazon's fault.
on April 2, 2013
This is a good way to pass some time. Very interesting story and good puzzles. Nice price for this game, too. Would recommend.
on February 22, 2013
I can honestly say that I have gotten my money's worth of entertainment from this game. It is great for casual gaming if you like solving mysteries and finding hidden objects. The art work of the game is about average for the genre, the story a little better than average. Overall it was worth the couple of bucks investment.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.