|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $7.00 (47%)
Price set by seller.
Anarchy Evolution: Faith, Science, and Bad Religion in a World Without God Kindle Edition
|Length: 308 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $2.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The clear and evocative writing by Graffin and co-author Steve Olson (author of the National Book Award-nominated Mapping Human History: Genes, Race, and Our Common Origins) bring the reader into a conversation that gets at why people think as they do about the world around them -- and how they should think about that world in the face of incontrovertible science. Along the way, Graffin and Olson explore the many shades and varieties of belief and non-belief, and, unlike the recent spate of angry-atheist tracts, their book is not dismissive of those who see the work of a deity in everything around them, but rather makes the case that those beliefs cannot be squared with science and are not needed to explain the workings of the universe.
I found the book had a nice balance of biographical, philosophical, and scientific ideas.
In summary, an entertaining and thought-provoking book that I'm glad I purchased and read.
I don't agree with his opinion about the importance of evolution on the development of a specie. I prefer the classical position, as such Richard Dawkins wrote in on of his latest books. But this is how we make science, isn't ?
If you liked this book, you will certainly love the " Your Inner Fish: A Journey into the 3.5-Billion-Year History of the Human Body (Vintage) "
Thanks Greg for this wonderful group of "memes", I wish everyone shared the same way to look for the natural world
ps: Kindle dictionary helped me a lot
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Atheism
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Philosophy
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > Science & Religion
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Evolution
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Atheism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies & Reference > Philosophy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies & Reference > Science & Religion
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Ecology