Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Anastasia Family Fun Edition
Format: DVD|Change

on September 27, 2017
Despite being produced by 20th Century Fox, there are a TON of people who think this is a Disney movie, which speaks to the quality of this animated musical. Anastasia is one of my absolute favorite animated movies! Growing up, she was my favorite princess, even though she isn't Disney. The animation is beautiful, the characters are great, the music is AMAZING. I might be biased due to nostalgic reasons, but I've also never met anyone who has anything negative to say about this movie. I still watch it as an adult with just as much joy as when I was a child. In fact, my friends and I just watched this a few days ago and had a lot of fun with it. I would imagine that children would still find joy in this film today, though I have none to speak on behalf of, personally.

Obviously, this is not a historically accurate movie. If you can live with that, then I promise it's a really great story! And if you can't live with that, then you are SUPER DUPER missing out.

I purchased this blu-ray to replace my old VHS -- I know, I know, what is this ancient technology I speak of! I also have a digital copy, which has been my main means of watching for the last few years, but I just really wanted another physical copy. I was really happy to find that a blu-ray version existed. And for the price, I couldn't pass up bringing this awesome movie from my past home!
on March 2, 2015
This movie answers the mystery of what happened to the youngest Romanov daughter in a cartoon film featuring many talented actors such as Meg Ryan, John Cusack, Christopher Llyod, and the funny Hank Azaria. Since this cartoon was made by Fox, it does not feature very many super catchy songs like Disney does, but the songs are pretty fun nonetheless.

This movie is pretty fun packed with adventure, magic, romance, comedy, and it does feature some elements of your average "make-over" movie, but not done in an obnoxious way. Recommended for the family, though I must confess I still watch it as an adult without children. But we'll keep that between you and me.
on June 23, 2014
I have loved this movie since it was released and enjoyed the short stint it had on Netflix but now I can not find it anywhere. I love that it is always in my library waiting for me now. I watched it twice in a row the day I ordered it!

The movie can be a little creepy I remember being terrified of Rasputin and he is a little gross since his parts keep falling off but there are plenty of cuddly adorable characters to take your mind off of him. This movie attempts to put an ending with the hunt for Anastasia, the real life story is unfortunately not as romantic and wonderful as this one. The songs are great and the characters are well drawn out and there are amazing voice actors at work here as well. Watch this for the historical fiction aspect or just as a great movie. Works well either way!
on January 19, 2014
The French on my 2001 dvd was in Quebec so I tried very hard to find this in European French. I looked harder and harder until I found it. It was supposed to come into the mail on the 28th of October. But it came quite early. I was getting ready for Able and as I was about to head downstairs, I saw this sitting on the table and opened it. The disc looked nice too. Waited till the end of the day to burn it and watch in on my computer.
on March 28, 2015
One of my favorite animated movies! One caution, I do not recommend looking up the historical accuracy of the movie if you enjoy the movie version. The movie paints a much nicer tale than what actually occurred.

I really wish studios would continue producing these fantastic hand-drawn movies. Anastasia was quite profitable and was warmly received. Thank you Fox Animation Studios for giving a couple former Disney animators another shot.

A great voice cast, good pacing, and a really heart-warming tale. This ranks up there with the best Disney productions.
on January 14, 2017
This movie was said to be in the languages of Language: Italian (Dolby Digital 5.1), German (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1), Castilian (Dolby Digital 5.1), On playing the disc, only English is actually there with Thais, Korean and two other Oriental languages. The back of the Blu Ray reads English, French, Spanish and AVC whatever that is! This is incomprehensible that Amazon let's people like this sale on their site! I will never buy from them again!
on June 23, 2017
Best movie ever! I have loved this movie ever since I was a child. It always gives me the feels. Every child need this movie in their life
on February 28, 2016
Anastasia is a super great movie. The drawings are beautiful, the music is beautiful and though it seems like a Disney production on the surface, it is not! The story is based on a real story in the the period of the Romanoffs, late 1800 's in Russia..The theme goes way deep, as a Christian you will rejoice at the ending, if you are still searching you will see how the power of God smashes the power of the evil one...with humility and nobility unlike the 'this will require superhuman violence to win' movies like Braveheart and Die Hard and most action flicks. Yet this enemy is the deadliest and has already caused a tsunami of misery, wiping out almost an entire generation!...Greatly inspirational and uplifting.. but not for young kids without a strong parental presence to help them understand the scary scenes and reassure them.
on April 6, 2014
Meg Ryan and John Cusack speak for the animated characters in this musical cartoon. The puppy dog, Pooka is a nice touch and anyone would fall in love with him as he helps Anastasia stay safe on the journey to Paris to reclaim her royal ancestry. Kelsey Grammer's voice is wonderful as the older man who tries to match up Anastasia with her grandmother and keep the adventure on an even keel. Evil Rasputin comes back from the dead in a very scary scene and delivers many hardships for the sweet Anastasia as he tries to do her in. It would be a nice and neat packaged story in real life if all of these events truly did happen to reclaim Anastasia's rightful air to the throne of Russia, but my understanding is that the truth really never was certain. How could Anastasia live after being shot so many times? I love this story. It is great for kids and adults alike.
on July 17, 2015
I Remember owning the 1.33:1 Pan-and-Scan version of this 1997 Don Bluth classic on VHS Tape but, as of Spring 2015 I've finally have Don Bluth's "Anastasia" in its original 2.35:1 CinemaScope widescreen format (as previously shown in theaters in 1997!) on Blu-Ray with all the great behind-the-scenes featurettes, the digitally remastered print of the straight-to-video sequel to "Anastasia" entitled "Bartok the Magnificent" and, yes, the way this Don Bluth classic's original theatrical widescreen format digitally restored for 2007 DVD release then is shown again on newer DVDs and for the first time on Blu-Ray!