- Includes FREE MP3 version of this album Here's how (restrictions apply)
Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Anastasia: Music From The Motion Picture (1997 Ver...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 60% off the $13.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Anastasia: Music From The Motion Picture (1997 Version) Soundtrack
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
by Jim Cummings
Top Customer Reviews
1. A Rumor in St. Petersburg-
A funny song that played near the beginning of the movie. Not something you'd want to play really loud, but still a funny track.
2. Journey to the Past- Anastasia singing about "home, love, family". Isn't that the main theme of the movie? Lovely, high quality song.
3. Once Upon a December- I LOVE this song. It's beautiful.
4. In The Dark Of The Night- O.o An old creepy man singing about killing an innocent girl? Er... yeah. Like the first track, it's not something you should be blasting on a giant stereo system... unless you want to get some weird looks from innocent passer-bys.
5. Learn To Do It- Cute song from another one of those "random characters burst out into song" moments.
6. Learn To Do It (Waltz Suprise)- The music from that scene were Anya and Dimitri were dancing on the boat from the middle of the movie. (Not the scene at the very end.)
7. Paris Holds The Key (To Your Heart)- Another one of those fun "random characters burst out into song" moments from one of my favorite scenes of the movie.
8. At The Beginning- Possibly the reason most people buying this album are probably buying it for this track alone. It's a sweet pop song, good enough to be played on any pop radio station. It was played during the end credits and really captures the "feel" of the whole movie.
9. Journey To The Past (Aaliyah's Version)- A sort of R&B-ish remake of "Journey To The Past". Aaliyah did a good job, it sounds lovely.
10.Read more ›
From the bright start in "A Rumour in St. Petersburg", follows the touchingly nostalgaic "Journey to the Past". "Once Upon A December" is an absolute favourite as a haunting lullaby with lyrics of magical fantasy, whose tune lingers throughout the movie with the theme of poignant memory. "In the Dark of the Night" is a surprisingly amusing "villainous" song (which is effort to take note of, since most composers would think only a lousy tune is befitting of the bad guy, e.g. "Ruber" from the OST of "Quest for Camelot"), while "Learn to Do It" is a brilliant cross between acapella and gospel (coupled with encouraging lyrics to complete the treat). The Reprise sticks to the former's tune with romance, until "Paris is the Key (To Your Heart)" finishes off with a loud entertaining parade of song.
Then comes the pop songs, which I think all mature fans of pop should look out for. "At the Beginning" is a wonderful love theme (why wasn't this nominated for BEST SONG?), and Donna Lewis and Richard Marx do a convincingly great job at singing the otherwise HIT of a love song.Read more ›
That being said, I understand that it's the animated movie convention to have a single that can be released for the radio, but how many does this one have? In addition to the sheer number of pop "single" tracks (four), the pop tracks are, sadly, nothing special. And why, oh why, is there a track in Spanish on the soundtrack of a movie based in Russia and Paris? Russian or French would have been more appropriate.
My advice is to program your CD player to skip the pedestrian pop tracks and enjoy the amazing emotional range this album has to offer with its other vocal and instrumental tracks.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I can sing all day to this soundtrack! It's so fun and really puts me in a great mood!Published 5 months ago by Amber
As one of my favorite movies as a kid, I found this soundtrack to be very reminiscent of those years. Very magical!Published 5 months ago by M
It was great! I had ordered for my daughter's Valentines Day gift and it made it~ even though I had ordered late! Thanks!Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
I love this soundtrack and have been looking for the cd version for several years now. I played my last copy until it died.Published 5 months ago by Neenia
Don Bluth, thank you for bringing this incredible story to us all. My life is just this much better because I grew up with these songs and this great movie stuck in my head.Published 6 months ago by thisnamestaken
The Anastasia (Music From The Motion Picture) soundtrack has music of a serene and cheerful quality on the soundtrack. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Stella Carrier