Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,157 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,285 reviews
on August 29, 2013
IMPORTANT: Make sure you READ ALL the information in the section labeled "INTRODUCTION TO COLORING" BEFORE you start coloring your first page. This is located on pages "xii" and "xiii" in the front of the 4th edition. This book is very well thought out and there really is a "method to the madness" if you actually read and follow the directions.
I've found it beneficial to read through all the NAMES first, checking for parts that have similar names. Second, choose SIMILAR COLORS for SIMILAR NAMES or FUNCTIONS. For example, I chose Red, Orange and Yellow for the "Levators"; 2 colors of Blue for the "Zygomaticus Major" and "Zygomaticus Minor"' and 2 shades of Brown for the "Depressors" (page 44). Then look over the basic diagram to get a feel for the order which they appear in the body. Assign the colors in order by location in the diagram. For instance, go from back to front as follows: Red (back), Orange (middle) then Yellow (front). This natural color transition helps solidify the order they appear from postier to anterior or superior to inferior (whatever the case may be) etc. NOTE: I realize this takes extra time planning your colors, but it really makes it easier to memorize when there is a consistant plan in place for what the colors visually symbolize.
Finally, color in the Name First then repeat the names while coloring in that particular portion of the diagram. . I also underline the names on the left page the same as the diagram color - just makes it faster to locate if I want to look for something later...not necessary, but nice.
I pre-ordered my book as I wanted the newest edition. I LOVE MY BOOK and ended up having to order a couple of extras as gifts for my "nurse" friends who wanted a fun way to refresh their memory too!
1010 comments| 513 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 18, 2017
So far I love this! It has helped quite a bit in college AP. If you are a visual learner or just want extra practice, I highly recommend this and the physiology coloring book. Also make sure to read the coloring notes for each page. They're there for a reason!
on July 14, 2017
I was leery of coloring as a study tool- but it was super helpful and worth every penny. Each section has a page of information. The book was good quality and shipped quickly. Loved this.
on March 10, 2017
This book has helped me SO much with anatomy 101
easy to read, easy to understand
easy to color

Highly recommend this for educational coloring
on August 21, 2017
Love this coloring book, has plenty of things to color the details are amazing and I like the fact that on the left-hand page there is a description of what you are coloring.
on June 12, 2016
Great way of learning anatomy. I found it visually helpful and peaceful at times to just be coloring. My professor got tricky with it so make sure you pay attention to the little details in this book! The book itself was sturdy and did not tear easily.
on March 18, 2017
This is an excellent book. It's the fourth version of it I've had over the decades. As a career Licensed Massage Therapist, I felt it was important to me to keep up with my anatomy and physiology. Coloring in this book is a wonderful way to learn and to keep information fresh.
on January 31, 2015
NOT GRAYS ANATOMY. has lines in all pictures, shading lines. I would have put those in, they are hard to cover. it is like coloring over black. the pencils not so good for this, I wish I had gotten felt pens.
on March 5, 2016
THE MAJOR DOWNFALL ABOUT THIS BOOK IS THAT IT ARRIVED WITH HALF OF THE COVER TORN OFF! OTHERWISE THE BOOK LOOKS OF GOOD QUALITY AND USEFUL FOR EDUCATION FOR TEACHING BASIC ANATOMY FOR MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS IN MY OPINION.
I AM AN EMPLOYED AND WELL EXPERIENCED NURSE OF 31+ YEARS SO I FEEL I HAVE SOME EXPERTISE IN THE ANATOMY FIELD:)
IF THE FRONT PAGE WASNT RUINED ILIKELY WOULD'VE GIVEN THIS REVIEW 4 STARS MAXIMUM.
JUST TO LET VIEWERS KNOW THIS, IN MY OPINION, IS MORE BASED TOWARD MIDDLE SCHOOL TEENAGERS NOT TRULY FOR ADULTS.
on June 28, 2017
This is going to be so nice to have as we learn the bones and everything in my A&P courses. I love it so far!