Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Gift with Purchase Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Platinum artists Shop Now

Showing 1-10 of 1,774 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on December 10, 2012
I have seen a few comments/questions regarding what is included with this textbook. I am hoping I can clear up some confusion. I just received the "Human Anatomy & Physiology, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package (9th Edition)". This package came with the Human Anatomy & Physiology textbook, A Brief Atlas of the Human Body, Interactive Physiology 10-System Suite (CD ROM), and the Student Access Code for Mastering A&P. If you need the whole package, this is the one to order. Also, it is important to note that the textbook comes 3-holed punched and you will have to put the pages in a 3-ringed binder. This book does not have a binding. I personally like this idea because if I know that we are going to be working on chapters 2 and 3 in class, then I only have to bring chapters 2 and 3 to class. I don't have to lug around the whole book. Also, it might be important to note that I ordered this book directly from Amazon and not from someone who is using Amazon to sell their book.

If you order the hardcover book, you will only receive the textbook. The hardcover book (at the time of this review) does not come with the Atlas, CD ROM, or the Access Code.

When you read reviews, make sure to look at the review carefully to see exactly which book/package is being reviewed. When you look at the reviews for "Human Anatomy & Physiology" it will show reviews from people who received the hardcover book, the kindle book, and the 3-holed punched book. These reviews are all mixed together. The review will tell you exactly which book/package is being reviewed. Personally I think this makes it very confusing but if you look carefully you will find the information you need.

UPDATE as of 1/30/2013
I have just noticed that Amazon is now selling a loose leaf edition without the full package. When ordering make sure you order "Human Anatomy & Physiology, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package (9th Edition)" if you need the full package. If it doesn't list "Mastering A&P with eText - Access Card Package" in the title then you are not going to receive the full package. Also, it seems like Amazon is making it more difficult to actually find this full package. If you search for just "Human Anatomy & Physiology", this full package is not going to come up in the search. However, if you copy and paste the full title: "Human Anatomy & Physiology, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package (9th Edition)", you should be able to find the correct package. I hope you find what you need.

Now that I have started my class that uses this book, I can now comment on using the Loose Leaf version vs a Hardcover book. Overall I do like that I can take a few chapters to class versus taking the whole book. Its much lighter and I enjoy that. The only bad thing I have found about having the loose leaf version is that you have to be more careful with the pages. The whole book is 3 holed punched and needs to be put in a 3 ring binder. When turning the pages, if you aren't careful, you can tear one or two of the holes on a page. It's usually nothing a little tape couldn't correct but if you are the kind of person who is rough on their books, turns pages aggressively, throws their books across the room, then you might want to invest in the hard cover book.
99 comments| 213 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2012
I assumed that since this was a new product it would include the Mastering CD. However, it does not. Don't buy this textbook if you need to do the mastering homework for class. I do need the mastering software and now I do not have it. A BIG problem. Please advertise this, Amazon!!! people need to know!!
33 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2013
My package included the Brief Atlas, Access Code Card, 10 System Suite CD Rom and Loose Leaf book. I called my school to verify that the access code card as infact the only one I need because the ISBN numbers didn't match. They said YES. So through Amazon I paid $136 (no tax and free shipping) for all the bundle but through the school it would of been $272 plus tax and shipping.

Thank you amazon, and it did arrive almost exactly 48hrs from when I ordered lol. (actually a few hours early :)
on November 10, 2015
The book is a good book. It is expensive for what it is though. I understand that textbooks are not inexpensive. To fully use this book an additional code needs to be purchased to unlock the online features - it is NOT included with the book. At the price charged for the book, the online code should have been included.
on July 18, 2001
This is the study guide to the textbook by the same name. I found this book to be an excellent tool to help me remember and understand the endless array of information that a student needs to know when taking an A & P course. The guide is broken down by chapters that match to the textbook exactly - it includes matching exercises, labeling exercises, coloring of bodyparts, and numerous review questions. I would recomend this to any student taking an A & P course regardless of which textbook is being used during lecture class
on September 10, 2013
Everything came in just fine but when I tried using the access card it didn't work. I had to pay $100 extra on top of what I payed for this to get an additional access code and had to deal with pearson customer service for hours to try and get this problem solved. Overall I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with this transaction
on March 21, 2014
The great thing about this textbook is that it is cheaper to buy it on amazon than it is to buy it at my school especially because this comes with everything that is not included at my school. The only problem is that as I was adding this to a binder, I noticed that a section of the pages were not the same size as the rest of the pages. It seems that the pages were printed slanted and the pages were cut off that way. There are sections of the text missing because it was cut off. Great price but make sure to flip through the book to ensure that nothing is wrong with the pages.
review image review image review image
on May 20, 2015
Pretty good book! Comparing with the older version, they are quite a bit the same. However, they explain information in more specific detailed. I love it after all, highly recommend it to anyone who's going to medical field. :)
on January 28, 2014
Every other new version of this book comes with the CD that shows the virtual anatomy, only reason I paid for a new book was for the CD and atlas but I wasn't given any, over priced and a huge let down. Don't buy if you're expecting the CD and atlas because you will not get either.
on June 7, 2014
I rented this book for a semester and it arrived to my home in just a couple days, practically brand new!
The book is very useful in the understanding of anatomy of the body and the compositions that make it up.
It definitely helped me through my college anatomy class with a more in depth understanding instead of just being able to point out where each location of the bone, articulation, muscles, arteries etc.
It was also very easy to return the book at the end of the semester. It was a matter of find a box, print out the shipping label provided by amazon that is obtainable through your account under your account (manage textbook rentals) and just dropping it off at any location that deals with ups shipping!