Spring Deals Automotive HPC Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 10, 2012
I have seen a few comments/questions regarding what is included with this textbook. I am hoping I can clear up some confusion. I just received the "Human Anatomy & Physiology, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package (9th Edition)". This package came with the Human Anatomy & Physiology textbook, A Brief Atlas of the Human Body, Interactive Physiology 10-System Suite (CD ROM), and the Student Access Code for Mastering A&P. If you need the whole package, this is the one to order. Also, it is important to note that the textbook comes 3-holed punched and you will have to put the pages in a 3-ringed binder. This book does not have a binding. I personally like this idea because if I know that we are going to be working on chapters 2 and 3 in class, then I only have to bring chapters 2 and 3 to class. I don't have to lug around the whole book. Also, it might be important to note that I ordered this book directly from Amazon and not from someone who is using Amazon to sell their book.

If you order the hardcover book, you will only receive the textbook. The hardcover book (at the time of this review) does not come with the Atlas, CD ROM, or the Access Code.

When you read reviews, make sure to look at the review carefully to see exactly which book/package is being reviewed. When you look at the reviews for "Human Anatomy & Physiology" it will show reviews from people who received the hardcover book, the kindle book, and the 3-holed punched book. These reviews are all mixed together. The review will tell you exactly which book/package is being reviewed. Personally I think this makes it very confusing but if you look carefully you will find the information you need.

UPDATE as of 1/30/2013
I have just noticed that Amazon is now selling a loose leaf edition without the full package. When ordering make sure you order "Human Anatomy & Physiology, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package (9th Edition)" if you need the full package. If it doesn't list "Mastering A&P with eText - Access Card Package" in the title then you are not going to receive the full package. Also, it seems like Amazon is making it more difficult to actually find this full package. If you search for just "Human Anatomy & Physiology", this full package is not going to come up in the search. However, if you copy and paste the full title: "Human Anatomy & Physiology, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package (9th Edition)", you should be able to find the correct package. I hope you find what you need.

Now that I have started my class that uses this book, I can now comment on using the Loose Leaf version vs a Hardcover book. Overall I do like that I can take a few chapters to class versus taking the whole book. Its much lighter and I enjoy that. The only bad thing I have found about having the loose leaf version is that you have to be more careful with the pages. The whole book is 3 holed punched and needs to be put in a 3 ring binder. When turning the pages, if you aren't careful, you can tear one or two of the holes on a page. It's usually nothing a little tape couldn't correct but if you are the kind of person who is rough on their books, turns pages aggressively, throws their books across the room, then you might want to invest in the hard cover book.
1414 comments| 315 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 10, 2013
I purchased this book a few semesters ago and it is a great text book. This text book you will want to keep for future references.

With that said.. Do yourself a favour and just get the past edition. I returned my 9th edition. I just do not see the justification to charge someone almost $200 for a new book when the previous edition is almost the exact same, with just replacing of pictures. The 8th Edition can be purchased for less than $15 bucks here on amazon (ISBN-10: 0805395695 ).

I am pretty certain that most college students are pretty much on the verge of being broke, or soon to be for that matter. Always try to get the previous edition if you can, your save a lot of money, around 1/5 the price. These publishers just drive me nuts, I understand they need to make money, but come on, most of these books are never completely rewritten and they come out with a new edition every 2-3 years and those editions like this one, are almost exactly the same, except for replacement of pictures and a few updated stories/examples. It seems crazy how a book that is just two years old seems to be considered no longer usable.

*Update*: For most A&P students, your cover the first chapter all the way to the nervous system. In A&P II your probably start with the Endocrine System.

Your professor may require you to get Mastering A & P. This requires that you use a on-line website that allows you to take some tests, quizzes and other exams. Getting the older book, will save you money, so you will be able to purchase the other software. The access code is $55, if you want the eText/eBook included, then it is $110 and that will include the 9th edition. The My Mastering A & P website, is good for 1 year. If you take AP1 in spring, you will still be able to use your Mastering A & P on the same access code if you take AP2 in the fall.

Do not be fooled by changed pictures or rearrangement of chapters. Seriously, the human body has not changed in the past two years. We still have the same muscles and bones and, yes the kidneys still filter plasma. ;)
88 comments| 226 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 2, 2013
My package included the Brief Atlas, Access Code Card, 10 System Suite CD Rom and Loose Leaf book. I called my school to verify that the access code card as infact the only one I need because the ISBN numbers didn't match. They said YES. So through Amazon I paid $136 (no tax and free shipping) for all the bundle but through the school it would of been $272 plus tax and shipping.

Thank you amazon, and it did arrive almost exactly 48hrs from when I ordered lol. (actually a few hours early :)
11 comment| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 25, 2017
I'm a professor at a university and have found this book to be a excellent resource for an Anatomy course (for the Anatomy course at the Graduate School Level -- actually the School of Medicine). This book does an excellent job explaining the content and follows a logical sequence for the students. The tables and illustrations are excellent. From a students view, I'm confident you'll find this book to be thorough and provides an excellent foundation to build your understanding of Anatomy.
One downside to the book is the thinnest of the pages. The pages remind me of the type of paper used in a magazine. If your a person that uses a highlighter, you'll find that a regular highlighter will "bleed" through the pages. I would recommend possiblely a Bible highlighter even though it's not the best solution. The "magazine" type paper used in this book is "shiny" and the Bible highlighters I've found don't really grab onto the paper as well as it would probably in a bible but it's better than a regular highlighter "bleeding" through the page. That's the only downside I can say about this book. The content far exceeds anything else. I just thought of the possibility of using highlighter tape (since I just thought of that possibility, I'm not sure of the cost factor for the tape -- I completely understand that being a major factor when your already buying extremely high priced textbooks).
on May 20, 2015
Pretty good book! Comparing with the older version, they are quite a bit the same. However, they explain information in more specific detailed. I love it after all, highly recommend it to anyone who's going to medical field. :)
11 comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 21, 2014
The great thing about this textbook is that it is cheaper to buy it on amazon than it is to buy it at my school especially because this comes with everything that is not included at my school. The only problem is that as I was adding this to a binder, I noticed that a section of the pages were not the same size as the rest of the pages. It seems that the pages were printed slanted and the pages were cut off that way. There are sections of the text missing because it was cut off. Great price but make sure to flip through the book to ensure that nothing is wrong with the pages.
review imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 26, 2017
Excellent information, and I'm probably keeping this for my own enrichment, however, for an INTRO bio class, this was too much info, and not organized clearly enough for me to skim effectively for what I needed to know. It isn't clear that this book is designed for a full year, rather than semester course, or that it's largely written by a partner, rather than Marieb. This is what you want if you're pre-med, perhaps, but not beginning.
on July 20, 2016
Yea it's a rental book but really!!!! This is almost ripping off, I can't even take it to school so that it doesn't get damaged
review imagereview image
on May 23, 2014
Yes, this package is cheaper than on campus. The pages are thin and tear easily; but sincerely, you get what you pay for. If you plan to have this book a long time then buy the hardcover edition. If you just need it to get by then this book is fine. AP 1 goes through CHPTR 16 and AP 2 picks up at CHPT 17. In regards to the code: The package I received came with a masteringaandp.com code which is not the same as pearsonmylabandmastering.com. After some persistence with Pearson telephone tech support they gave me access to the correct website for my Course ID. If you know the instructor is going to issue online homework then I would ask which website will be used. You can only register the Student Access Code Card one time and you can only join one Course ID so be mindful of that.
on November 25, 2016
The book came in a 3.5/5 condition.