Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Russell Dickerson Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 10, 2012
I have seen a few comments/questions regarding what is included with this textbook. I am hoping I can clear up some confusion. I just received the "Human Anatomy & Physiology, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package (9th Edition)". This package came with the Human Anatomy & Physiology textbook, A Brief Atlas of the Human Body, Interactive Physiology 10-System Suite (CD ROM), and the Student Access Code for Mastering A&P. If you need the whole package, this is the one to order. Also, it is important to note that the textbook comes 3-holed punched and you will have to put the pages in a 3-ringed binder. This book does not have a binding. I personally like this idea because if I know that we are going to be working on chapters 2 and 3 in class, then I only have to bring chapters 2 and 3 to class. I don't have to lug around the whole book. Also, it might be important to note that I ordered this book directly from Amazon and not from someone who is using Amazon to sell their book.

If you order the hardcover book, you will only receive the textbook. The hardcover book (at the time of this review) does not come with the Atlas, CD ROM, or the Access Code.

When you read reviews, make sure to look at the review carefully to see exactly which book/package is being reviewed. When you look at the reviews for "Human Anatomy & Physiology" it will show reviews from people who received the hardcover book, the kindle book, and the 3-holed punched book. These reviews are all mixed together. The review will tell you exactly which book/package is being reviewed. Personally I think this makes it very confusing but if you look carefully you will find the information you need.

UPDATE as of 1/30/2013
I have just noticed that Amazon is now selling a loose leaf edition without the full package. When ordering make sure you order "Human Anatomy & Physiology, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package (9th Edition)" if you need the full package. If it doesn't list "Mastering A&P with eText - Access Card Package" in the title then you are not going to receive the full package. Also, it seems like Amazon is making it more difficult to actually find this full package. If you search for just "Human Anatomy & Physiology", this full package is not going to come up in the search. However, if you copy and paste the full title: "Human Anatomy & Physiology, Books a la Carte Plus MasteringA&P with eText -- Access Card Package (9th Edition)", you should be able to find the correct package. I hope you find what you need.

Now that I have started my class that uses this book, I can now comment on using the Loose Leaf version vs a Hardcover book. Overall I do like that I can take a few chapters to class versus taking the whole book. Its much lighter and I enjoy that. The only bad thing I have found about having the loose leaf version is that you have to be more careful with the pages. The whole book is 3 holed punched and needs to be put in a 3 ring binder. When turning the pages, if you aren't careful, you can tear one or two of the holes on a page. It's usually nothing a little tape couldn't correct but if you are the kind of person who is rough on their books, turns pages aggressively, throws their books across the room, then you might want to invest in the hard cover book.
1212 comments| 284 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2013
I purchased this book a few semesters ago and it is a great text book. This text book you will want to keep for future references.

With that said.. Do yourself a favour and just get the past edition. I returned my 9th edition. I just do not see the justification to charge someone almost $200 for a new book when the previous edition is almost the exact same, with just replacing of pictures. The 8th Edition can be purchased for less than $15 bucks here on amazon (ISBN-10: 0805395695 ).

I am pretty certain that most college students are pretty much on the verge of being broke, or soon to be for that matter. Always try to get the previous edition if you can, your save a lot of money, around 1/5 the price. These publishers just drive me nuts, I understand they need to make money, but come on, most of these books are never completely rewritten and they come out with a new edition every 2-3 years and those editions like this one, are almost exactly the same, except for replacement of pictures and a few updated stories/examples. It seems crazy how a book that is just two years old seems to be considered no longer usable.

*Update*: For most A&P students, your cover the first chapter all the way to the nervous system. In A&P II your probably start with the Endocrine System.

Your professor may require you to get Mastering A & P. This requires that you use a on-line website that allows you to take some tests, quizzes and other exams. Getting the older book, will save you money, so you will be able to purchase the other software. The access code is $55, if you want the eText/eBook included, then it is $110 and that will include the 9th edition. The My Mastering A & P website, is good for 1 year. If you take AP1 in spring, you will still be able to use your Mastering A & P on the same access code if you take AP2 in the fall.

Do not be fooled by changed pictures or rearrangement of chapters. Seriously, the human body has not changed in the past two years. We still have the same muscles and bones and, yes the kidneys still filter plasma. ;)
88 comments| 194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2016
Great book! Goes into so much detail about the different anatomy and Physiology of your body! The pictures are great and all are all very detailed which helps out a lot for tests that may be taken in the class room. This book also has chapter tests and review materials at the end of each chapter which is a great summary for what could potentially be on the test. Overall, one of the best anatomy books you could purchase with up to date information.
on August 28, 2015
The copy of the book was in pretty good shape, but there is no access code like promised! :(
on July 12, 2017
This book is easy to understand. Every A&P student should look this book over. Complex systems and concepts are made simple by the authors use of common language. I usually have to have a dictionary near by with other books I have studied, but not with this one. The chapters are also outlined so you never miss out on the point of the material. There are also CDroms that come with it. They are okay, but not thorough enough on helping to learn names of all bones and muscles. The book has great pictures highlighting the parts of the brain, etc.
on June 26, 2017
This book is filled with detailed diagrams and condensed explanations that make it easy to find vital information. However I suspect, after reading the book, that it was written for future doctors and NOT simple A&P undergrads like myself. I often asked myself why I needed to be aware of all this information.
on June 1, 2016
So far it's okay i haven't found any difference between this version and the US version. I think even the page numbers are the same. The material is well delivered and the product arrived on time and in great condition all around a good buy for the price.
on July 14, 2016
It's a great Anatomy and Physiology book, not the edition that my college was requiring but, according with my instructor, any Anatomy and Physiology book was good for that class. I've been asked for this book twice so I decided to buy it as a reference and it was a great buy. The price was very low, I don't know if it was because nowadays every college has a "special edition" for them, but in the end the information is the same, and there's always one book that was used as a base (check out authors and edition) and they only changed the cover.
on October 6, 2006
Although Netter's classic drawings are helpful in understanding the layout of human body systems, I find that this 6th Edition of Rohen is outstanding due to the excellent photography of professionally-dissected cadavers. It is much easier to identify complex structures on real cadavers in a Gross Anatomy lab using this reference; moreover, it is helpful as a tool to study when the cadaver lab is not open. Real bodies are much more difficult to analyze than idealized drawings--with this book, you can review before a laboratory excercise and have a more realistic expectation of what you are going to actually see.

People generally have different tastes in the types of atlases that they prefer to use, but I think that this one covers everything you would want to see.
on August 14, 2013
This is not half as thick as the Anatomy & Physiology textbook I own from 1992, which is titled "Human Anatomy & Physiology" by the same author. This version is the updated "ESSENTIALS". It does not go into near as much depth and detail, but that is probably due to the incredible amount of knowledge that has deluged the field in the ensuing 20 years. I expect 1st year student are expected to grasp ONLY the 'essentials' before delving into a specialty. Sad really... and I can only hope it really DOES catch up on what I've missed in the last 2 decades.