Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Anchor Hocking 2.5-Gallon Glass Barrel Jar with Br..." and save 59% off the $52.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Anchor Hocking 2.5-Gallon Glass Barrel Jar with Brushed Aluminum Lid
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Large capacity 2.5-gallon Anchor Glass storage jar featuring a brushed metal lid
- Anchor Glass pantry storage jars feature thick side walls for added durability and stability
- Anchor Glass is a healthier choice over plastic storage; glass does not discolor, retain smells, or leach chemicals into food
- Glass jar is dishwasher safe; hand-washing is recommended for the brushed metal lid
- Anchor Glass is MADE IN THE USA
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Glass Made In The USA
Anchor Hocking is known for high quality glass bakeware, food storage, beverageware, serveware, and pantry storage products manufactured in the USA since 1905.
Anchor Hocking Glass Barrel Jar
Anchor Hocking’s Barrel jar features an antique barrel design with threaded metal lid. The Barrel jar’s thick side walls not only beautifully showcase what is being stored, but also provide durability and stability. These jars go with any décor whether storing pantry items, crafts, laundry detergent, or even pet treats.
Anchor Glass jars are made in the USA, easy to clean and dishwasher safe. We recommend hand-washing the brushed metal lids with a mild soap and towel drying.
All The Ways To Use Barrel Jars
Clean Pantry Storage
Barrel Jars are a perfect way to organize your pantry. The clear glass allows you to easily find what you are looking for and the thick glass wall gives the jar extra durability.
Organize your Craft Room
Organization is key in a craft room! Barrel Jars are perfect to keep your supplies in order and the clear glass makes it easy to find things in a snap. Don't fumble around trying to find what you need - be able to see it across the room.
One of a Kind Gifting
Create a gift that is truly unique. Perfect for holidays, birthdays and showers - our Barrel Jars are perfect gifts. Your creativity knows no limits.
2.5-gallon Anchor Glass large capacity barrel storage jar featuring a brushed metal lid. Anchor Glass pantry storage jars feature thick side walls for added durability and stability. Glass jar is dishwasher safe; hand-washing is recommended for the brushed metal lid. This glass jar storage jar resembles a vintage wooden barrel. It is perfect to store pasta, popcorn or craft supplies. This jar is perfect for registries and holiday gift giving. Anchor Glass is MADE IN THE USA .
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought this to hold a 7-lb bag of dry cat food. It holds it all with quite a bit of room to spare. I could probably put another half bag in there. It is a well made jar. Strong and very nice looking. I wanted something that would look nice sitting on the floor of my kitchen. Something that would go with my decor as best as cat food can.
My only issue with this (4 vs 5 stars) is the handle many people have complained about. I want to fling this thing across the room, trying to figure out how to get it on. I've given up and I'm going to have my husband figure it out.
The lid seems to fit just fine to me. I can see how for liquids, spillage may be a concern though.
Overall, I am pleased with this jar. I don't even need the handle for my purposes, but I want it on for aesthetic reasons. Oh, and I don't think it would be strong enough if you were using the handle alone for carrying. Hold the bottom. Even empty, this is a heavy jar.
1) The handle is worthless. If this jar is full of liquid, it is just waaaay to heavy for the handle to stay attached. It will break and fall off.
2) The lid is NOT airtight. It is actually so cheap, that the "aluminum" isn't strong enough to lock the treads against the glass. So you basically can screw the lid on forever, because it never actually tightens. To meet my needs I have to put plastic wrap under the lid. Screw it on, then duck-tape the lid on.
3) The glass is great, and seems well made. This might perform well as a cookie jar, or a jar to store non-perishables.
If you can I would highly recommend just going with a cheaper and more-available 3-gallon glass carboy.
Most recent customer reviews
Unfortunately that handle apparatus shipped missing a critical piece, and as the glass is already in use, I can't really...Read more