Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 149 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 188 reviews
on July 3, 2015
Delivery right on time; packaging was awesome; a chip wouldn't dare to occur when wrapped like that. I grew up with these Anchor Hocking heavy glass dishes (I am currently 75 yrs old) and found them perfect for leftover storage, to mix sauces and fruits in as part of food prep, and perfect for "either" dishwasher shelf. As far as I know, only one 2-cup from mother's many survived, with a chipped lid. I have been replacing all plastic with these, a couple at a time. My 2 5-cup containers, and my 4 2-cup containers are a gracious plenty to deal with my baking, heating, storage, and serving needs. I would recommend them anytime to anyone. Cooking is a passion of mine, and these help with the leftovers also, with just the two of us at home now. Thanks for the great work.
on September 15, 2015
I use these in 3 different sizes, and they are my go to storage containers. No they are not airtight... There is also nothing to wear out, or melt in the dishwasher. I keep home made BBQ sauce in them for months at a time in the fridge and have no issues with stuff drying out. I haven't broken one yet in the microwave, or through rough handling. They are HEAVY, but for me that is a plus. It would be cool if they nested, but with the lids on, they stack great, and that is good enough for me.
on August 27, 2015
This is unbelievably heavy! Thought it would be like the Pyrex and Corningware dishes I have, but weighs so much, I'll be sending it back. It weighs more than a large Calphalon pan! Yikes!
on December 18, 2013
I love these all-glass no-plastic refrigerator storage containers. The lids don't always fit as tightly as I would like, but they are very durable. One survived a 36" drop onto ceramic tile with no damage. I haven't broken one yet, but I have chipped a couple of edges. Finding non-plastic storage containers is difficult these days, and these Anchor Hocking containers are one of the few choices. I never worry about putting hot food in them, which you should never do with plastic containers even if they are BPA free (they leech chemicals when heated).
on May 26, 2015
I like this very much but am yearning for one slightly smaller. For me, 8-10 cup size would be better. But this will be great for taking things outside for a picnic. I love the lid for keeping out the flying critters. And the flat lid makes it much easier to sit things on top of it in the fridge.

Potato salad, anyone?
on January 28, 2016
Heavy as hell, though. No more plastic!
I bought some of these a few years back and love them... I ordered one more, and was disappointed to see the lid doesn't fit! These feel like second quality overstocks being sold as firsts.

Sorry, can't recommend.
on September 15, 2015
Great size - one of the few baking dishes out there with a glass (non-leaching) lid! It looks great, fun, and is already useful.
on May 12, 2016
After reading other reviews more extensively I see that many people apparently purchase this because it has a nostalgic look, which is fine I guess as long as you know what you're getting into...

We did use this in the oven several times and never had a cracking or breaking issue as others have mentioned. BUT...

This pan has the world's most ridiculous design. Ever. The handle-- if it even qualifies as a handle-- is recessed into a shallow divot, in such a way that there is very little 'real estate' to grab when removing the lid. If you're wearing an oven mitt-- which you presumably would be, removing a hot lid-- it's nearly impossible and certainly very awkward and uncomfortable to remove the lid via the handle.

I'm generally a fan of AH products and this was a huge disappointment. I wish I'd paid more attention to the design before I ordered. I'm not a stupid person but after buying this to use for use in the oven I feel like my purchase certainly was.

Into the garage sale pile it goes.
on January 22, 2016
Love these! I have quite a collection of them now. I have 6 or 7 of the 2 cup size and 1 of the bigger one's. It's safer to store food in glass and these are the perfect size for many leftovers, pet food, etc. The lids are heavy and fit in and stay in place because of their weight and seem air tight.