Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on September 26, 2015
I wasn't quite as big a fan of the first installment as many people were. I liked it and some of it was really funny but it was largely the same set up to every gag and after a while I thought it got a bit repetitious. The second movie is more of the same only with a lot more cameos and some even more way over the top schtick than the first time around.

There are a few truly hilarious moments however. When Meagan Good's character takes Ron home to meet the family the rampant political incorrectness and the families reaction to it are almost enough to save the movie by itself. The slow-motion rollover has it's moments. There are other moments as well. Unfortunately they are interspersed with a lot of stuff I didn't find even groaningly funny and a plot line I didn't find the least bit interesting.

Basically some good stuff surrounded by mediocracy.
on July 18, 2015
If you're a fan of the first Anchorman movie or the other movies of Will Ferrell, you'll feel right at home and will be happy to know that it will be as hilarious as you expect it to be. As for everyone else, the movie is a direct sequel to the original Anchorman movie and those that were unfortunate enough not to watch it may feel a bit lost. There is a brief synopsis in the beginning of the previous movie, but it doesn't cover everything and without prior knowledge, I could see many people not getting the quirks and personality traits of each character, so many of the jokes may have a tendency to falter off or cause confusion in the unseasoned viewer. If you're a fan of character driven, satirical and hilariously obsurd humor, you will definitely want to check this out, though I would highly reccommend you see the previous film. If you aren't a fan of those comedic implications, you will want to steer very clear. I would also advise the same, if you have small children, that may view this movie, it is definitely NOT for children. It is an excellent movie though and very funny, I thoroughly enjoyed it and reccommend it for anyone that loves to laugh.
on April 11, 2014
I welcomed the news that another Anchorman had been commissioned and was really looking forward to checking this out on blu-ray. The first Anchorman was funny, uniquely charming (in a politically incorrect way) and was one of those rare comedies that one appreciated more and more with repeat viewings (I think the correct way of describing such a movie in the industry is that it had "legs").

Unfortunately the humour in Anchorman 2 seemed a little forced and quite a few of the jokes fell flat. I think they missed an opportunity where some frugal editing would have created a infinitely better product and removed a lot of the needless subplots that did not work or add anything to the story (such as the Brick courting scenes that were horrible).

Despite the sequels obvious flaws I would still recommend it to fans who enjoyed the original. Just don't expect the same level of quality. There are quite a few belly laughs but I also found myself cringing as they drew humour and jokes directly from the same well as the original... jokes that were funny the first time around... just not for the second helping.

Here's hoping that if they decide to add a third edition to the franchise that they learn from the mistakes made with this sequel and keep it lean, mean and work a little harder on the humour and pace.
on May 11, 2017
The extended versions are sooooooooooo much better than the theater version. I love this movie, almost as much as the original since the added bits are hysterical!
on June 8, 2015
Just a silly great slapstick movie. Nothing intense. It's a no stress zone when watching this movie. Just lots of laughs. And if you remember the '70's you will laugh harder. I love the cameos of some different stars. That was an unexpected plus.

If you are expecting a plot or anything drama related you will be disappointed. Think of it like a modern day 3 stooges a la Will Ferrell.
on April 3, 2015
I really enjoyed the first Anchorman making this one all the more disappointing. Granted, sequels are rarely good but this one is particularly bad. The plot is decent enough for the first half of the movie, although it seems like every random thought made the cut. The idea of Ron leading the charge for 24-hour news is humorous and satirical. However, once he has his "down fall," the movie falls as well. After a brilliant back-alley fight scene in the first movie's offering, this effort went horribly wrong. They played up the outrageous and larger-than-life angle and it just didn't work. I actually felt embarrassed for Harrison Ford's part in the scene. It's a shame, too, because they were so creative with the first. Well, I guess the lesson remains: sequels will let you down.
on June 9, 2015
I loved the first Anchorman so I was really looking forward to this one. But it's a let down. I chuckled at a few jokes here and there. The premise seemed interesting though: Ron Burgundy as an anchorman at a fictional 24 hours new channel. It was funny to see Ron supposedly coming up with ideas that are now so prevalent on the news channel nowadays. But it was just a bunch of vignettes strung together. His costars were on the sidelines most of the time, not as funny. The worst part was the romance between Brick Tamland and an office worker played by Kristen Wiig. I don't get the love for Kristen Wiig. As far as I'm concerned she ruins everything she's in. But if you love Ron Burgundy, it's not a bad way to spend 90 minutes I guess.
on May 1, 2014
While this film doesn't come out feeling as fresh as the original (but that's the real problem with sequels like this, isn't it?), Anchorman 2 does have a fair amount of good comedy – less of it involving Brick than I expected – and some surprisingly good drama. Let me just get this out of the way and say I hated the characterization of Ron's son. The kid was all over the place and never felt as tied into the story as (I assume) he was supposed to. However, I enjoyed James Marsden's villain (why isn't he in more movies right now?). I kind of wish his team was more memorable, but he was like a shining star right there as it was, so that may have detracted from it, so I will forgive them for that.

I'm waiting for the alternate cut to come out to pass judgement, so I'm going to be generous here. I would give it three-stars if I knew that this was all that was coming, but if the alternate cut turns out to be filled with some better gags, I'm prepared.
on December 2, 2015
Funny movie. I decided to choose this movie (which I had never seen before) to play in the background while i worked on a project. It was really random. The first anchorman was stupid funny but anchorman2 really was reaching.. it was okay, a little to crazy at some parts. By the end of the movie I had a headache.
on May 16, 2014
So I was totally unsure how this movie would turn out because I heard so many people say it was horrible.
I really liked the first one and was dying laughing in theaters with everyone else, so I was a bit reserved.
The movie definitely had some funny parts and while it retained a lot of the same formula, it was no where near
as verbatim as The Hangover franchise. (This is a good thing) SPOILERS!!!!! So in a weird way it ended up twisting more
into a twilight room-ish romantic comedy with less emphasis on the vulgar potty boy humor, (although there's still plenty of it) and that was something I didn't see coming. It was entertaining, but it will never replace the original film. Try it out and see if you like it. I enjoyed the second round of Anchorman, but found it less funny and more romantic comedy than the first.