Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

on November 13, 2017
I was fresh out of college when I went to see Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. I was with a boyfriend then, and while the relationship did not last...the cult classic Anchorman did. I saw the film numerous times and often reference it and quote it to feel good and laugh. In the sequel, the whole original cast returns. There is probably not one actor in the film that is not a common face in the professional comedy world. Steve Carell, Will Farrell, Paul Rudd, Christina Applegate and more appear for a (two + hour long) celebration of the classic character we all knew and loved too well the first time around...the emotional and heroic Ron Burgundy.
on July 18, 2015
If you're a fan of the first Anchorman movie or the other movies of Will Ferrell, you'll feel right at home and will be happy to know that it will be as hilarious as you expect it to be. As for everyone else, the movie is a direct sequel to the original Anchorman movie and those that were unfortunate enough not to watch it may feel a bit lost. There is a brief synopsis in the beginning of the previous movie, but it doesn't cover everything and without prior knowledge, I could see many people not getting the quirks and personality traits of each character, so many of the jokes may have a tendency to falter off or cause confusion in the unseasoned viewer. If you're a fan of character driven, satirical and hilariously obsurd humor, you will definitely want to check this out, though I would highly reccommend you see the previous film. If you aren't a fan of those comedic implications, you will want to steer very clear. I would also advise the same, if you have small children, that may view this movie, it is definitely NOT for children. It is an excellent movie though and very funny, I thoroughly enjoyed it and reccommend it for anyone that loves to laugh.
on April 11, 2014
I welcomed the news that another Anchorman had been commissioned and was really looking forward to checking this out on blu-ray. The first Anchorman was funny, uniquely charming (in a politically incorrect way) and was one of those rare comedies that one appreciated more and more with repeat viewings (I think the correct way of describing such a movie in the industry is that it had "legs").

Unfortunately the humour in Anchorman 2 seemed a little forced and quite a few of the jokes fell flat. I think they missed an opportunity where some frugal editing would have created a infinitely better product and removed a lot of the needless subplots that did not work or add anything to the story (such as the Brick courting scenes that were horrible).

Despite the sequels obvious flaws I would still recommend it to fans who enjoyed the original. Just don't expect the same level of quality. There are quite a few belly laughs but I also found myself cringing as they drew humour and jokes directly from the same well as the original... jokes that were funny the first time around... just not for the second helping.

Here's hoping that if they decide to add a third edition to the franchise that they learn from the mistakes made with this sequel and keep it lean, mean and work a little harder on the humour and pace.
on September 26, 2015
I wasn't quite as big a fan of the first installment as many people were. I liked it and some of it was really funny but it was largely the same set up to every gag and after a while I thought it got a bit repetitious. The second movie is more of the same only with a lot more cameos and some even more way over the top schtick than the first time around.

There are a few truly hilarious moments however. When Meagan Good's character takes Ron home to meet the family the rampant political incorrectness and the families reaction to it are almost enough to save the movie by itself. The slow-motion rollover has it's moments. There are other moments as well. Unfortunately they are interspersed with a lot of stuff I didn't find even groaningly funny and a plot line I didn't find the least bit interesting.

Basically some good stuff surrounded by mediocracy.
on April 7, 2014
Anchormand 2: The Legend Continues was much-hyped, uneven and long. It starts well, in fact, the first 45 minutes
are steadily funny. There are even a few good belly laughs. Once the team re-assembles and has their first broadcast with
the cable news station, everything bottoms out. It is almost devoid of jokes after that point.

The only thing this "legend" continues is the trend of the American comedy petering out in the 2nd half. The third act is completely flat. Upon the credit roll, my wife said "I'm glad we didn't pay to go to the theater and see that." That pretty much sums it up.
on June 8, 2015
Just a silly great slapstick movie. Nothing intense. It's a no stress zone when watching this movie. Just lots of laughs. And if you remember the '70's you will laugh harder. I love the cameos of some different stars. That was an unexpected plus.

If you are expecting a plot or anything drama related you will be disappointed. Think of it like a modern day 3 stooges a la Will Ferrell.
on June 2, 2014
I had high hopes for this movie, but was let down. It suffered from all the typical failures of a comedy sequel. Many of the funniest scenes from the first movie were just recycled, and lots of screen time was wasted on celebrity cameos rather than focusing on story. Admittedly, the first movie had to grow on me - I had to watch it three or four times with different groups of people before I could appreciate the subtlety of the absurdly dry humor. But much of the sequel was just plain absurd, and I don't know that I have it in me to give it any more viewings. Sorry, Ron, your legend ends here.
on March 18, 2015
You never know about a Will Ferrell movie, but this one is pretty good. It is not a thinking movie but one to watch when you need some silliness in your life. In a previous life I was a TV news person and recognize the reality of some of what I found funny. My wife and I laughed a lot through this movie and I think it might have actually been better than the first one. Although it has been a while since I watched that one.
on May 1, 2014
While this film doesn't come out feeling as fresh as the original (but that's the real problem with sequels like this, isn't it?), Anchorman 2 does have a fair amount of good comedy – less of it involving Brick than I expected – and some surprisingly good drama. Let me just get this out of the way and say I hated the characterization of Ron's son. The kid was all over the place and never felt as tied into the story as (I assume) he was supposed to. However, I enjoyed James Marsden's villain (why isn't he in more movies right now?). I kind of wish his team was more memorable, but he was like a shining star right there as it was, so that may have detracted from it, so I will forgive them for that.

I'm waiting for the alternate cut to come out to pass judgement, so I'm going to be generous here. I would give it three-stars if I knew that this was all that was coming, but if the alternate cut turns out to be filled with some better gags, I'm prepared.
on September 29, 2014
Very funny movie. I had seen it in the theater, but it was great to watch on blu ray as well. The added laughs version is fine to watch but I still prefer the original. This is basically an added feature so it's a bonus. And in that respect it is great to watch at least once. The bonus content is great, and you get a lot of bang for your buck. Anyone familiar with Will Ferrell's movies will love this one too.