- File Size: 633 KB
- Print Length: 324 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Vamptasy Publishing (July 12, 2017)
- Publication Date: July 12, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B073X6VQ7Y
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,798,404 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$13.99|
Save $13.00 (93%)
The Ancient Ones Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 324 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
"Children of Blood and Bone"
Tomi Adeyemi conjures a stunning world of dark magic and danger in her West African-inspired fantasy debut. Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Here is a brief overview of a rather complex and sometimes very sexy, and more often than not, disturbing story. And I mean disturbing in so many ways: the treatment of man against man and woman; mankind against Earth; man against the forces they only think they know; man against the “gods” they no longer believe yet seek when things go awry; these “gods” against themselves, which directly do affect man.
Here are a few details as you delve into this story.
1) The author has a unique way with words, albeit the English way, but still damn good.
2) The main characters, as well as many of the secondary characters, are defined and believable.
3) The plot is well thought out to the point you, the reader, will know the author did a lot of research which must have included ancient history, the meanings and actions of “the ancient ones”, the beliefs and practices of old concerning man and their reverence for “the ancient ones”, and I would hope the sexy parts came from first hand knowledge of the author’s life.
4) And you will never know for which way this story is going to go.
5) Plus, there are also some quite humorous parts to this story as well.
In closing, there were times I found this story uncomfortable. Not for it’s horror, or sex, but for its vividness, its realism, and its bases on today’s life.
This is not a story you want to miss. I give it a 5 star rating for all of the above reasons, plus one, I loved it.
*I was given an e-copy in exchange for an honest review*