Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Ellen

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 48 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 70 reviews
on October 20, 2016
This was terrible. I had hope (because of the guy from Star Trek) so I kept my husband from turning away. Nope! Absolute waste of our lives. It ends kind of abruptly. Where you think there should be a twist, there is none. Just credits. Moral of the story-don't go anywhere where you don't know the language and without a guide to make sure you get back to the airport. Never. Oh and stay in groups. Big groups. Two people is not enough.....so dumb.
VINE VOICEon March 13, 2011
If you like Amber Heard then 2010's "And Soon The Darkness" is a must see. She is on screen for about 90% of this 91-minute psychological thriller. By far her most challenging role to date; she gets a lot of tight close-ups, a number of action sequences, and a character that is all over the map emotionally (must have been exhausting). The entire feature is told from her character's point-of-view (POV); and she does a good job of getting viewers to identify with her character.

The Argentine scenery is spectacular, it is well shot "on film not digital", and the production design is excellent. And if thin young women in abbreviated costumes (the entire wardrobe of Heard and her costar Odette Yustman could have been shipped down to Argentina in a large hatbox) is your idea of a good time you should seek this feature out immediately.

On the other hand if you want to see the same story told in a manner that creates excitement and suspense, you should seek out the 1970 original (same title) which starred Pamela Franklin; a much better actress although not as naturally likeable as Heard and therefore her character is a little harder to identify with. And the original was not burdened with a rushed production schedule that failed to get a lot of shots necessary to avoid a choppy feel, or maybe it just had a much better editor, or maybe the choppy look was intentional to give the thing a kind of off-kilter unity?

Then again, what do I know? I'm only a child.
on August 2, 2015
I think I would watch any movie featuring the photogenic Amber Heard. The plot seems implausible to me. 2 young women on a group bicycle tour in Argentina break off from the rest out of boredom and set out on their own in a country they don't know, when neither is really fluent in the language. One wonders if the Argentine police is as corrupt as is shown in the film or if the people are so indifferent. Perhaps only an Argentine citizen has the answer to that. The film has the flavour of one of those innocents in distress among the backwoodsmen in one of those chainsaw movies. Seems a little improbable to me.
on February 26, 2013
I rented this movie via Amazon Instant Video. I thought it was interesting, but I'm glad I only paid the rental fee instead of buying it. Just my opinion which is limited to just this small bit of info as I feel very neutral about this movie. I'm nether thrilled and want to watch it many times again, or feel that it wouldn't be worth watching again for a change of pace in my movie watching. Sorry this is not more helpful a review, but I believe in simply being honest with anything I write.
on July 15, 2015
This was a good flick, but I felt like it was too short. The acting is good and the plot is well written. I will say one thing I felt was a bit of a hiccup on the writer's part was where they try to "trick" you into thinking one particular person is the bad guy. You can tell right away that they are trying to mislead the audience so the real bad guy will be a surprise, and it backfires because it makes the real bad guy very obvious. Aside from that, it's an entertaining movie with a ridiculously hot cast.

This is one of those movies that is well-worth seeing at least one time.
on March 5, 2017
I watched this movie today. I can't say it was a great movie. It's a decent movie to pass the time. I have definitely seen worse. There is some suspense but not the level thrill that I anticipated. Yet I love scary movies so I welcome it to the collection.
on January 19, 2017
Typical 3rd World Vacation Horror Story fare but the scenery was pretty interesting. The bad guys are extra creepy and the girls are sorta hot.
on July 9, 2015
Everything about this film was just average. There was a boring, predictable story that could have been written by practically anyone. There's very little, if any, artistic value in this film, and despite the fact that the film had constant intensity, I was bored throughout.

The only saving grace is the good acting on behalf of Amber Heard and Odette Annabelle. Otherwise, the film sucks.
on June 27, 2015
Old story
on January 9, 2016
Love the series, but after only 1 or 2 uses, disks in perfect condition, like perfect mirrors, sometimes won't play, or they freeze in the middle of watching. In the future i DEMAND better quality for my money.