Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 20, 2016
For a soundtrack to such a sad, sad movie, this is really beautiful background music that is easily as good as the gentler compositions of such soundtrack composers as Mark Isham and James Horner, two of my favorites. It is a very quiet, rather melancholic work, yet never treacly, more like an undercurrent of emotion that can sneak up on you and is very moving. I love it and will have to look for more of this composer's work. I doubt the composer intended its use this way, but it is actually very good background music for writing, reading, or quiet reflection, somewhat similar in that respect to Phillip Glass's wonderful soundtrack to the movie The Hours. I highly recommend this soundtrack, which deserves all the accolades it gets.
on April 4, 2013
I knew when I ordered this collection that it did not feature the piece featured at the end of the film by Elton John. I actually wanted a score that did not contain any vocals. I enjoy reading and I find that vocals can sometimes distract me from the printed word. As I am sometimes proofing for friends, it is important that I focus. The fact that the titles are short in length should not deter one from ordering this CD, as they flow easily into each other. There really is one theme which is consistent throughout, yet it does not get overused or tired.
2 helpful votes
on September 4, 2011
I have been searching for this haunting & heartbreaking soundtrack for years. The music fit the movies scenes so well. If you liked the film get the soundtrack. It is wonderful. It stands up on its own. Track # 10 is simply devastating.
on April 6, 2015
great
on June 6, 2000
The two main themes resonate through the score many different times, and the 'thinking' score (French Succeed) and heartbreaking (How long to sink in?) a couple times. The longest and most beautiful track, combining all the beautiful elements is Tongues. There's over 40 minutes of breathtaking music that paints a deep contemplative picture of the world you cannot get anywhere else, combining awe and beauty with tragedy and humility. I have to be in a quiet mood for this, but it does not depress me. It makes me happy and gives me a buffer for the world, not so-rose coloured glasses to See through.
7 helpful votes
8 helpful votes
on April 17, 2001
They stopped making this CD for a while, so I had to go directly to the label that made it to get a copy. After hearing it in the movie I simply had to have it. It cost me thirty bucks and was a pain to get but never has a CD been more worth it than this one. It is haunting and simple and beautiful. It made a great movie even greater and proves that while the movie needed the score, the score does not need the movie.
10 helpful votes
11 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on November 25, 2003
Hi. This soundtrack is so good. The elton john song is called "The Last Song". I have it. If you want it hit me up on AOL instant messanger at Xtreme Rxtion ...
~Kyle~
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on November 20, 2003
I have recently ordered this cd and I thought Elton John's song at the end of the movie was on it. Does anyone know what the name of the song is and where to obtain it? I believe it is called "the love between a father and his son"
2 helpful votes