Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on April 15, 2011
I love, love, love this straightening iron! I have used cheap drug store straightening irons as well as the more expensive brands and this has the best features for the price. First, it clamps closed when not in use. No more trying the wrap the cord around to keep it closed for easy storage. Secondly, it has rubber grips on the end to hold while you are straightening your hair. Third, my hair is very fine but is wavy and this works just fine to straighten my hair. When I told my hairdresser that I was looking for a new straightening iron she said to make sure that I buy one that gets hot enough. This iron has 20 different heat settings. I usually set mine to about 10 however if you have long or coarse hair this should also work fine. Fourth, this iron has a 5 year warranty by a company that has been making clippers and other hair products for home and professional use since 1922. Lastly, it heats up in 30 seconds (the Amazon feature indicates 60 seconds). I debated between this model and another Andis model that has 25% longer plates. This is plenty long enough for my hair. I think that the longer plates would be nice but probably not necessary for my use. I am a picky consumer and have no problem returning products that I don't like and I am very happy with this purchase.
22 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 24, 2012
I am a AA woman with 3c hair who is 2 months post relaxer when I got these and tried them out...FABULOUS! My hair was soft smooth and with tons of movement; results you would expect from a more expensive brand like CHI. I bought these until I could get a better pair, but I am so satifyed. They heat up fast and hold their temperature which makes the process faster. I wouldn't recommend putting product in your hair right before you flatiron because you stand the risk of burning your hair if you use the higher temps. I sat under a dryer then blowdryed the still damp parts. I put a heat protectant on my hair before I blowdryed and nothing else before I flatironed with great results. Two pass throughs max per section was all it took for a complete head of happiness.
on September 2, 2014
This is the best straightener! It works as well as brand-name straighteners, for a fraction of the cost. The 1" size is perfect, and I use it to straighten my hair, as well as curl it (it's not a curling iron, but with a little practice, you can use it to curl your hair). My first one lasted five years before I had to replace it, and I promptly bought another one to last me for the next five years. I will continue to use this product. A word to the wise, though: Don't lock the straightener in the "shut position" before it's had a chance to cool down, or the straightener will stop working. As long as you take proper care of this straightener, it will last a while.
on October 3, 2013
After spendings hundreds of dollars on countless flat irons, like the CHI flat iron, the GHD flat iron and the Sedu flat iron I would have to say that the Andis Flat Iron is by far the best. The flat irons that I just mention are about $100 and up but the Andis Flat Iron is only $20! Not only the cost of this flat iron is amazing but the flat iron itself straightens my hair so well. I have naturally curly hair and this flat iron makes my hair silky straight. I don't even have to straighten the same section over and over again. With only glide my hair becomes perfectly straight, it never tugs on my hair.
When searching for the perfect flat iron, the only thing I wanted was for a flat iron to straighten my crazy mane. The Andis Flat Iron does this and more. This flat iron has different heat settings ( it can reach to about 400 F), it heats up in 30 seconds,it has a long cord, the cord has a swivel connection linked to the flat iron,and it auto-off feature ( I sometimes forget to turn off my flat iron when I am in a rush so this auto-off feature is a must.) Even my roommate loves this flat iron. After she used my Andis Flat Iron on her very long and thick curly hair, she threw away her $200 flat iron and purchased an Andis Flat Iron. She was even able to create some beautiful curls using this flat iron. This flat iron gives you the true salon effect but at a very reasonable and rewarding cost. This Andis Flat Iron has it all and I am very happy with my purchase.
on August 1, 2013
I was heartbroken when I dropped my Amika and the plates on it broke. So I was looking for a less expensive alternative. I tried the Cricket with titanium plates, but it was only 1 inch; and did not really straighten my hair. This wand is great. I have coarse, thick hair that is now wavy due to the unruly gray hair. This iron gets hot quickly (30 seconds) but does not burn your hair. Oh, and the best feature is that you can use TWO hands without getting burned. There is a place for your fingers/thumb on the end and you can grab it there it is not hot at all. This is the first flat iron I have ever seen with this feature. I really love it! Great buy too.
on December 31, 2013
I have mid-back length, thick, wavy hair and this straightener works beautifully! It heats up extremely quickly, as stated on the packaging, and straightened each section with only going over them twice. I did have it on the highest setting. I also like that it locks, so storing and protecting the plates is easier. My only problem (which I read in a review, before purchasing) is that the end is exposed, therefore you have to be careful where you're touching it, as it will burn you. Wish the plates were set in just 1/4 inch to avoid this. Otherwise, I completely recommend this product.
on July 25, 2017
It heats up well to temperature. But after 5 months of use the temperature will no longer adjust. It stays at highest temp.
on July 17, 2013
I got this for a granddaughter, who says it's easy to use and works well for her. Her daddy says he's glad it has the automatic shut-off feature, and wouldn't allow any heating hair appliances without that feature in his home, where teenagers are concerned. I would say that should be a mandatory safety feature in the hair appliance industry, but hey, others might be able to come up with a reason for not having that, though I wouldn't know what that could possibly be.

For the price, it works nicely, and I recommend it.
on April 26, 2011
I received the Andis flat iron and I was very pleased with product. I'm a black american women with shoulder
length natural curly ( Tracy Ellis-Ross) hair. But after blowing drying and Flat ironing with the Andis iron my hair is silky straight. This a GREAT iron at a GREAT price. You won't be disappointed.
on July 20, 2015
I am unable to give an honest review on the this item. I purchased the item without realising it did not have a UK friendly use plug! As I wanted the great priced item, I purchased an adapter universal plug, however this did not do the job for this item.

All in all, a great price......, decent shipping cost from the USA.

Just a shame it is not compatible for use in the UK.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.