Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Andrea is Bocelli's first pop release since Cieli di Toscana (2001), which was the successor to his multi-platinum selling albums Sogno and Romanza. The new album has a distinctly international flavor and features 13 songs in Italian, English and Spanish.
It's no mean feat being the world's foremost crossover artist--a task that risks alienating two disparate audiences and everyone in between--but somebody had to do it, and Andrea Bocelli again walks that artistic tightrope with impressive deftness. The title may imply a casual intimacy (indeed, the singer admits to taking a more "hands-on" approach to the album's conception and production), but it's a collection that nonetheless continues to expand on the Italian tenor's ambitious internationalism. His collaboration "Sin Tu Amor" immerses his voice in the Gipsy Kings' own rich Iberian folk-pop fusion with compelling results, while "Where Love Goes" (a musical focal point of the film Lazarus Child), his English language duet with 11-year-old prodigy Holly Stell, achieves an almost liturgical grace. "Tu Ci Sei" (You Are There) continues in the romantic vein of his familiar theme "Con Te Partiro" (Time to Say Goodbye), while the single "Dell' Amore Non Si Sa" (With Love You Never Know) features Bocelli in a signature dramatic tour de force collaboration with arranger Mauro Malavasi, the accomplished producer of the singer's Romanza and Sogno albums. Bocelli's shrewd taste and vocal prowess here not only again redeem an oft-maligned genre, but elevate it considerably in the bargain. --Jerry McCulley
Top customer reviews
I must have forgotten what it sounds like but, when I listen to Andrea I am reminded.
Transported. Connected to my soul. My longings. I can't say how much this means.
hear is a song by song look at the CD,
1) Dell'Amore Non Si Sa Love it very melodrma-ish, it will be a HIT for sure.
2) L'Attesa. A very pretty song and very radio friendly
3) Un Nuovo Giorno. Has HIT written all over it, nice pop style singing.
4) Tu Ci Sei. Very Good song; ladies this is like Bo singing in your ear while your dancing with him :) Just picture that when you listen to this song. Great vocal control to sing so high and soft at the same time.
5) Sin Tu Amor. This is done in spanish, I LOVE IT, love the blend of vocals with Reyes (Of the Gypsy Kings) and the Guitar work. BIG BIG hit in latin areas for sure.
6) Liberta. very good but no con te partio, still very pretty.
7) Per Noi. very good, I like the way it goes up and down a scale. Its a Very romantic song.
8) Le Parole Che Non Ti Ho Detto. I LOVE it; its my favorite on the CD. One of his best chores' in music History, for sure, a beautiful song.
9) Sempre O Mai. Love it, very popish, very radio friendly, very familiar.
10) In Canto. A very Pretty song, very romanza-ish.
11) Quante Volte Ti Ho Cercato. Great song, it goes up and down a scale as well, my second fav on the CD.
12) When A Child Is Born, a good song also in english. It is in a westen sytle but ends with a heck of a good tennor note.
13) Go Where Loves Goes. In english, a beautiful duet with a yong new comer named Holly Stell, it will be huge.
Overall Andrea is a beautiful CD, you can put it on, sit back and get lost in the hills of Tuscany. This is a must have essential Bocelli CD.
Harmonies in duets are excellent and Bocelli gives so much expression to each song, it is inspiring.