Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Andrea Jo Rodgers
Customers Also Bought Items By
Experience the heart-pounding drama of real-life emergencies. Veteran EMT and physical therapist Andrea Jo Rodgers shares this all-new collection of accounts from her 30-plus years as a volunteer with her town’s local first aid and emergency squad.
Arrive on the scene with Andrea and encounter…
- Lou, a dedicated war veteran who is granted a new tour of duty from God.
- A fearful flock of ducklings that slip down a storm drain during a false alarm.
- Everett, a resilient older man who goes for an unexpected ride on the hood of an intoxicated driver’s car.
- Jenna, a young woman whose dangerous heart condition is both physical and emotional.
- Frank, a husband whose nasty fall down a flight of stairs earns him instant angel status from his devoted wife, Doris.
John battles feelings of inferiority as he and Team Liberty compete against Devlin Black and his cronies to track down clues and solve puzzles at Mount Rushmore. Along the way, John makes several key contributions, and his self-confidence grows. When he discovers he was admitted to the school due to a clerical error, he’s mortified. Now, he’s strictly an “observer” until the mission’s end. But when his teammates run into trouble, John must summon up the courage to save Mount Rushmore, and he learns an invaluable lesson: every person has special God-given gifts—including him.
But Team Mischief, up to their old tricks again, plans to vandalize the Statue of Liberty. Knowing his team needs him, John snags the opportunity to prove himself worthy of the academy. Together, Team Liberty must uncover clues and solve puzzles at Liberty State Park and Ellis Island as they race against the mischievous trio to save the universal symbol of freedom from harm.
In Life or Death, There's Only One Guarantee—God Will Be There
Medical emergencies are among life's most unexpected and terrifying realities. But isn't it reassuring in times of crisis, you can find hope and comfort in the hands of a loving God?
Encounter heart-stopping drama in these real-life stories of everyday people like you who found themselves on heaven's doorstep—fully dependent on the skilled and courageous efforts of first responders and on the mercy of God.
As you read these firsthand accounts of perilous situations with uncertain outcomes, you will experience a full spectrum of emotions, from tender heartache to tremendous joy. Through it all, you will witness God's amazing love and care for His children, both for those who are brought back from the edge and for those He welcomes into eternal fellowship with Him.
Be inspired as you go on call with veteran EMT Andrea Jo Rodgers and other brave professionals dedicated to helping when humanity is at its most frail.
Some of the victims faced their mortality head-on and cried out to God for help. Many experienced fleeting but life-changing connections with their first responders. Often these crises became unexpected sources of inspiration.
Now Rodgers shares brief, real-life stories of heroic courage in the face of fear. In times of intense suffering, she has repeatedly witnessed signs of God's quiet intervention and healing presence.
- A man is resuscitated after Rodgers was able to repair a defibrillator--with her teeth!
- Several bystanders help rescue a young girl who is accidently buried alive in sand.
- Rodgers also experienced some lighthearted moments, including the time she arrived at the scene of a crime only to find herself in the middle of a mystery dinner theater.