Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Andrew Connell
Andrew Connell is a full stack web developer with a focus on Microsoft Azure & Office 365, specifically the Office 365 APIs, SharePoint Server, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft's .NET Framework, Angular and Node.js that enjoys development, writing & teaching.
Andrew has received Microsoft’s Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award every year since 2005 & has contributed to numerous books articles and projects over the years. You can learn from Andrew through one of the many on-demand classes he has published though Pluralsight (www.Pluralsight.com) or when he teaches hands-on courses through Critical Path Training (www.CriticalPathTraining.com).
Andrew is a frequent presenter at numerous conferences around the globe. You can find Andrew on his popular blog (http://www.andrewconnell.com), follow him on Twitter @andrewconnell, check out some of the numerous projects he’s involved in on GitHub (github.com/andrewconnell) or listen to his popular weekly podcast, The Microsoft Cloud Show (http://www.microsoftcloudshow.com), which is focused on Microsoft cloud services such as Azure and Office 365 as well as the competitive cloud landscape.
Customers Also Bought Items By
A Practical Guide to Teaching Computing and ICT in the Secondary School offers straightforward guidance and inspiration to support all trainee and newly qualified teachers, as well as their tutors and mentors. It will also be a source of support and ideas for qualified teachers who wish to develop their teaching of Computing as a subject, in light of recent changes to the National Curriculum.
Grounded in the best research and practice available, it focuses on the key pedagogical issues which arise during teacher training and offers stimulating activities based on tried and tested strategies. Comprehensively updated and restructured to reflect recent changes in the curriculum, Initial Teacher Training Standards and classroom technologies, it covers key aspects of Computing and ICT teaching:
- Planning pupil learning and progression
- Managing the learning environment
- Using assessment to improve pupil learning and your own teaching
- Developing pupils’ understanding of key concepts and ideas in Computing, including Computational Thinking and Programming
- Pupils’ common misconceptions and how to avoid them
- Helping pupils appreciate good and bad effects of computing.
A Practical Guide to Teaching Computing and ICT in the Secondary School, written by experts in the field, provides detailed examples of theory in practice, enabling you to analyse and reflect on your own teaching in order to ensure pupil learning is maximised.
Build custom SharePoint solutions with architectural insights from the experts.
Take a deep dive into SharePoint 2013, and master the intricacies for designing and implementing robust apps and other business solutions for your organization. Led by an author team with in-depth knowledge of SharePoint architecture, you’ll thoroughly explore the SharePoint 2013 development platform and new app model through hands-on tasks and extensive code samples.
Discover how to:
- Create SharePoint-hosted, provider-hosted, and autohosted apps
- Master the new app security model with OAuth and Certificates
- Develop workflows with the SharePoint 2013 workflow model
- Design a custom search experience and create search-based apps
- Leverage the client-side object model and REST APIs
- Produce catalog-driven web sites with Web Content Management capabilities
- Get cloud-based data sources with Business Connectivity Services
- Create and utilize remote event receivers for lists and libraries
- Generate new social networking apps and solutions