- Series: Wordsworth Poetry Library
- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Wordsworth Editions Ltd; First Thus edition (September 1998)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1853264350
- ISBN-13: 978-1853264351
- Product Dimensions: 7.8 x 5 x 0.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.9 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 1.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,919,099 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Works of Andrew Marvell (Wordsworth Poetry Library) First Thus Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Top Customer Reviews
But his language is also archaic, and this edition, from the "Wordsworth Poetry Library," is of no help whatsoever. Marvell was a contemporary of Milton, so many of the terms he uses require GLOSSING. Hello, anybody?
Yet there's nothing to help you in this book. It's nothing more than the bare text of the poems without any footnotes, glossary, or anything. There is a four-page introduction, but so what?
In fact, your needs will be served better, comprehensively better, if you click on over to this page:
The Complete Poems (Penguin Classics)
and purchase that far superior product. It has everything this volume doesn't.