Android Game Programming For Dummies 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
"The Eighth Sister" by Robert Dugoni
A pulse-pounding thriller of espionage, spy games, and treachery by the New York Times bestselling author of the Tracy Crosswhite Series. | Learn more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Get your head in the game and start developing engaging Androidapps that game gurus will love!
Games challenge our minds, relieve our boredom, bring us closerto family and friends, and are just plain fun. It's no wonderdevelopers are geared up to get going on the next great game. It'seasy to join in the fun with For Dummies! A bit of Javaknowledge is helpful, but even if you lack that, this book willwalk you through creating two Android games and getting them intoGoogle Play. Once you've got the basics down, let your imaginationlead the way!
- Understand Android learn about the capabilities of theAndroid platform and why it's suited for mobile gaming
- Plan your game decide on the game type, the number ofplayers, how and when users might play, and who would be mostinterested in your app
- Get started set up your development environment andexplore the parts of an Android app
- Learn variety follow step-by-step directions to create atwo-player card game and an arcade-style game with sound andanimation
- Market your creations explore the market for your game,publish it to Google Play, and keep it up to date
Open the book and find:
- What you should know about the Android gaming industry
- Project planning tips
- How to identify the market for your game
- The ins and outs of good interface design
- The lifecycle of an activity
- Advice on screen orientation
- How to create simple animations
- How to monetize your game and turn a profit
- Develop fun and interactive games for Android-basedsmartphones
- Apply fundamental game design principles to create realisticanimation
- Make use of Android's rich feature set in your games
- Publish your game, keep it current, and make some money
About the Author
Derek James is the principal and founder of Polyclef Software, LLC, a creator of Android games including WordWise Pro, Golf Solitaire, Proxity, Puzzle Lords Free, and Spades, among others. Derek created some of the first Android games on the market.
- Item Weight : 1.2 pounds
- Paperback : 384 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9781118027745
- ISBN-13 : 978-1118027745
- Product Dimensions : 7.4 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Publisher : For Dummies; 1st Edition (December 26, 2012)
- Language: : English
- ASIN : 1118027744
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,903,396 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: