Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 63 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 149 reviews
on June 1, 2017
They introduced a lot of extra elements in to a good original story that were not necessary. I liked the part where it was from the future and they had the part that was in the book but not in the movie about officer Willis. .
on July 21, 2017
Some people didn't like this version but I found it very entertaining. A nice retelling of the original story and brought up to date.
on August 12, 2017
We finally, just watched this yesterday, after a long time. Really enjoyed the movie.. great actors.
on September 25, 2016
Part 1 is really good but the 2nd is meh. Overall, pretty decent, good cast, entertaining.
on June 12, 2008
Recently A&E broadcast the Andromeda Strain. I waited for this event for a very long time. I felt that with today's special effects and cinematography it would be better or as just as good as the orginal. I was greatly disappointed with this remake or I should say retelling the masterpiece novel and the original that was a high energy sitting on your edge thriller (science fiction). My biggest complaints about the remake is why bother? As many other reviewers agree why bother? Acording to what I read in Starlog Magazine. The screenwriter seen the original once and recently reread the book. Acording to the article he was somewhat disenchanted with it. Anyone who is interested in waisting four hours of their life can watch this. I recommend the 1970's movie over this. If anyone has bought his and listened to his commentary at the very end of the audio commentary of the movie he hints at a weekly show or another sequel to the Andrdomeda Strain? Why? There was a tv show very similar to the Andromeda Strain with a Biological Crisis team called the Burning Zone. Maybe he is taking ideas from '90's tv shows because he has no original ones. Acroding the producer there was nothing like this seen on tv before. My idea is I will not see this again on TV. I truthfully also heard that A&E may be involved with remaking the Thing close to the book. I heard the same thing about the Andromeda Strain. Let's hope they don't ruin that one. Should you by the DVD? If you want a good joke wait until it comes down. Maybe you can pick it up in a flea market. The only thing I liked about it was the cover art and the poster on the A&E website.
VINE VOICEon June 29, 2008
This isn't a terrible miniseries - there were some very good moments! But it really isn't much more than a mediocre retread of the story told in superior fashion by the 1970's film. There are also some shameless plugs and tie-ins to other Michael Crichton films and books, notably Timeline and Sphere. Too bad - in the right hands this could have been a dynamite production.
on March 29, 2016
This adaptation was not my favorite. Interesting concept, but then I am old school and love the original 1971 movie with Arthur Hill.
on June 14, 2008
What can I say that the other reviewers haven't already said? Quite possibly the worst movie I have ever watched. I guess they didn't bother to look up the meanings of Acidosis and Alkalosis. Anyway, trust me folks skip this version on the movie go with the 1971ish version or better yet read the book. It's a really good book, one of my favorites.
on September 21, 2014
I actually enjoyed this mini-series. I was was trained in the AF for Disaster Preparedness which included Nuclear, Biological, & Chemical Warfare among other things. That's why I appreciated the subplots. In my mind this scenario is very feasible. I watched it in one setting & wanted to see more. Don't take my word, or anyone else's for that matter. Watch it yourself & you decide.
on June 30, 2008
Can't say more ,, one of the VERY worst 2008 TV shows , don't buy it even for 1 $ ,, and don't wast your time ..