Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Angel Dear Blankie, Brown Giraffe
- 100% Polyester Microfiber
- Naptime buddy
- Cashmere soft
- Machine washable
- Perfect newborn gift
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
But I can say this: for the love of God get at least three. You'll need some in reserve, because eventually one will get barfed on or lost and you'll be really glad when your child's security object needs are still able to be met with nothing more than a quick little switcheroo. You may need to rotate in the second and third string blankies for a while to get them all smelling like you. That way, when the need truly strikes, the blankie you call in from the bullpen will not smell like the factory. My kid doesn't seem to care, but I've heard that some babies are not so easily fooled.
- Before birth: expecting moms can sleep with the blankie to transfer the scent. Then when baby is born, the blankie can help lower baby's stress right away, because it is like mom is right there all the time.
- For newborns: consistently keep blankie with mom and baby during all nursing sessions to help encourage baby to get attached to the blankie.
- Older babies: At about 5 or 6 months, the blankie can provide a lot of comfort to baby, especially during sleep training. Now that my daughter is sleep trained, baby falls asleep quickly after a wake up (most of the time). It's one of our best tools to help her learn how to sleep and feel secure in her crib.
Also, blankie helped our daughter on a long road trip, while she was crying furiously in her carseat, she never let go of blankie. So while there wasn't much we can do for her, she could soothe herself, and finally got really tired and fell asleep, with her face buried in blankie.
- Soft material
- Pastel colored blankies (like pastel pink, blue or white) are the best, as they do not stimulate baby and help as a signal for sleepytime (not playtime)
- Easy for baby to grab
- Perfect size for a newborn and older babies
- Easy to wash, just throw in with baby's laundry
- The paws can replace a pacifier if baby is not into pacifiers: my baby has carefully cultivated each paw by sucking on them, until they are very hard and dry, even after washing they have stayed the texture that she prefers.Read more ›
This blankie was a major help in teaching my son to sleep with his arms unswaddled. Before we got it, he'd fall asleep with his arms out but wake himself up by flailing within 20 minutes or less. Hugging the blankie helped him have something to do with his arms and he was able to stay asleep longer without flailing and waking himself up.
The reasons I chose this blankie were the fact that it was so lightweight and the zillions of glowing reviews about it. As a first-time mom, I was still nervous about having anything in the crib with my little one, so at first I only gave it to him at the beginning of the night. When I went to bed, I'd sneak into his room and take it away. After a few weeks, I saw that he was capable of pulling it off of his face if it ended up there and felt reassured, and he's slept with it all night ever since.
We now have three of this blankie, one for his crib, one for the diaper bag, and a backup that we keep in his closet just in case. We rotate them all and wash them regularly.
He loved this blankie from the start, and would hug it while he slept at night. Up until about a month ago (when separation anxiety started in earnest), he mostly only used the blankie in the crib. Now at 11 months old, he wants to hold it sometimes when he is awake, too.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Super soft and light material. Got it for my baby when it arrives this fall.Published 1 day ago by Leticia Hernandez
I almost cracked up when I received this item. I was smaller than my hand. I'm almost too embarrassed to ad it to my gift for a newborn!Published 12 days ago by JoAnn