Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Angel of Mercy (The Fallen Book 1)
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on October 12, 2011
When I read a book, I usually have one of three reactions. I may hate it and can't even finish reading it. I may like it but find myself distracted easily and thinking of how I would write the story differently. (Those books are part of the reason I became a writer). And the third reaction: I may love it and find myself unable to put it down. For those books, I find myself thinking of the story long after I've finished reading the book. Every page is a joy and I can't wait to read more. That category is usually reserved for a few of my favorite authors, such as Sherrilyn Kenyon, Maggie Shayne and Jayne Castle. I now have a new author to add to that list. Her name is Lisa Olsen and the book is "Angel of Mercy."

"Angel of Mercy" is the story of Merceline, a woman who unexpectedly finds herself thrust in the world of angels and demons after a near death experience leaves her healed by a fallen angel and imbued with some of his powers.

Mercy is a strong, funny and very likeable main character. Her interactions with her friends and family are believable and entertaining. When she complains of her family drama, I feel I am listening to an old friend. All of Olsen's characters have depth and personality. In otherwords, they feel like real people. The action of the story flowed well. From page one, there was never a moment when I got bored and wanted to put the book down. But even so, each chapter wrapped up well enough that I could stop when I needed to go back to work or care for my children. It struck a nice balance that made it a very enjoyable read. I will gladly purchase this author's other books and cannot wait to read the continuation of this story in "Mercy for the Wicked " Mercy for the Wicked (The Fallen)

-A.D. McLain

[...]
on March 21, 2013
I'm hooked on this series and I'm now reading number 4 of the series. Believe me it's kept me waiting for the next book to unfold. Don't know what I'll do when I finish number four as I don't know yet if the story ends here or there will be another sequel. Well done, a few misspellings (which I detest) but must admit the story in itself holds my interest no matter what. It's been a long time since I've really had trouble putting down a series like this one. I'll never get anything done till I finish the 4th in the series. Funny, yet a great story that I am definitely hooked on. It kind of reminds me of Karen Moning's Fever series but not quite as graphic and a bit "cleaner." Probably why I enjoy this one so much.
on March 3, 2013
What a delightful read! Compelling characters and story line that I found so engrossing, I refused to even peruse the preview at the end. Nope. I am immediately letting my wonderful Kindle Fire bring me the rest of THIS series first .... then I will look forward to sampling the other fare offered by this delightful author.

Thanks also go to Book Bub and Amazon, for allowing me a free taste of yet another talent.
on July 4, 2011
It was a crazy weekend and I had a few hours to decompress. I wanted something fun to read that wasn't insipid--this novel fit the bill perfectly. The author did a great job of building the characters and the setting, and it was easy to get lost in the story. The mistakes and the triumphs were believable (and since I just finished another novel where that most certainly _wasn't_ the case, this was much appreciated). I had a great time falling into this world, and I'm looking forward to my next trip.
on November 15, 2013
I am so happy that I found this wonderful (new to me) author! I just finished the Forged Bloodline series and was feeling sad because I have to wait months until the next installment of that series comes out so I decided to give this book by Lisa Olsen a try. I LOVED IT! I love Mercy and her cast of crazy characters (otherwise known as her friends) and can't wait to read book two!
on October 3, 2013
I enjoyed the story line but was also intrigued by the idea behind it. To think of fallen angels walking among us and for the possible reasons ...... well read the book and think of the implications from all the angles.
Very good author. I will be reading more of her stuff.
on March 19, 2014
From the moment I picked up this book until the last one in the series (I think), I was enthralled. I love the strong, righteousness of the character Mercy and those who love her. Twists and turns galore and you will never know what is coming up next. I highly recommend you read this series. I couldn't get enough!!!
on December 26, 2012
I absolutely loved Angel of Mercy! The characters were so fun to get to know and the story written so well that I was unable to put it down. I just downloaded Mercy for the Wicked and can't wait to get started. I don't usually write reviews but this one is highly recommended.
on July 21, 2014
This is an similar take on Angels in the world that you will find in some other series. Fallen angels living in society, undetected, girl needs rescuing, angel helps..... From there you see a few new twists. Fast reading, nice major character development, but a bit too much requiring leaps of faith as the heroine gets her close friends and brother to buy into the angel world. Kept my interest enough to buy the next book.
LOVED, loved, loved it! Super awesome characters and great story line! In the beginning it reminded me of the movie City of Angels and I absolutely love that movie. I have to say that having so many (OK just 3) book boyfriends in one book normally bothers me but not in this one, I am in love with all 3, don't really even know who I want for Mercy in the end as I am conflicted. I guess maybe Adam is the one I would pick but I really love Sam and Ben. It's very difficult... Do I want a Fallen Angel or do I want the cop? Whoever Mercy decides in the end I will be OK with it as I am in love with all 3. Although I don't think Sam is in the running but I do know he loves her or at least I think he does.
Will definitely recommend to my friends.