Wide Angle Mobius ActionCam 1080p HD Camera With Dash Cam Kit (V3 / 820 mAh / Lens C2 / 16GB)
|Price:||$111.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3 video recording rates: 1080 @ 30 fps, 720 @ 60 fps, or 720 @ 30 fps.
- Mounts as removable storage on PC/Mac/Linux for easy video transfer.
- The camera comes pre-configured with common dash camera settings - no need to configure it yourself.
- Fully configurable via free PC configuration tool, Android App, or by manually editing the configuration text file (PC/Mac/Linux).
- Camera weighs 1.40 oz (40 g) without mounting sleeve / 1.77 oz (51 g) with mounting sleeve.
- Latest wide angle lens (lens C2) approx. FoV: 131 degrees
- Supports a microSD card up to 32GB in size. Class 4 recommended.
- 16 GB Kingston class 4 microSD card in retail package included.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
|Package Height||0 x 0 x 0 inches|
|Shipping Weight||1 pound|
The Mobius Dash Cam Kit by Novotm includes the following: Wide Angle Mobius ActionCam HD Camera, mounting sleeve with 1/4"-20 nut, USB 2.0 micro SD memory card reader, USB data/charging cable, 3 meter USB charging/power cable with routing clips, 5 V 1 Amp USB car charger, suction cup mount, bubble level, Velcro strip, hex wrench, screwdriver, three lens caps, and three lens cleaning cloths.
Top Customer Reviews
1 Download the manual from the Internet.
2 Download the Quick Setup manual from the Internet.
3 Download the pc Setup software from the Internet.
4 Spend about 30 min reading all of that before you try to do anything.
5 If you purchased a 32 GB or 64 GB sd card, you will need to download a software program that will let your pc reformat the sd card from exFat to Fat32 or the camera may not work.
6 Use the pc Setup software to update the firmware on the camera to the latest version. (Note the sd card HAS to be Fat32 to do this.)
7 Spend about another hour playing with all the camera settings by using the pc Setup software. (For example decide if you want the Mobius to automatically start recording when you plug it into the cars lighter socket or when it receives power. Decide if you want it to "loop" recording when the sd card is full. Decide what movie format type you want it to record as, etc.)
8 Mount the camera in your car. (If you use the typical suction cup mount, you will need to set the camera to "rotating the recording 180 degrees."
9 Go for a short drive while recording. When you get back home, either eject the sd card and look at the files on your pc to see if you have the camera pointed in the proper angle and direction. Make any needed adjustments. Wash, rinse, repeat until you are happy.
(Note, in reply to Jason from Sacramento who claims that the "rotating the recording 180 degrees" feature in the pc Setup software does not work, he's mistaken. I just checked to be sure, and it DOES work perfectly. He unfortunately did not know what he was talking about.Read more ›
Small size makes it very discreet, very good day and night video quality, wide range of settings options, good range of optional mounting accessories, appears quite reliable, many of these cameras are used on radio-controlled aircraft which can be extremely-rough service. This unit is easily modified with optional lenses, external battery packs or capacitors, etc., if you are so inclined.
It doesn't offer a GPS interface, Waterproof housings are not yet widely available, No optional polarized lense cap which might help to reduce windshield reflection and sun flare is available.
Gosh, now it sounds like I am complaining but really, this tiny camera already does so much, so incredibly well that it is pretty hard to fault it simply because it isn't the only camera anyone would ever want for any purpose. I'd rate it six stars if I could!
Now I just wish I could find a video editing program that didn't require so much time to edit my clips for YouTube!
* Wide-angle lens is a good choice here. I haven't tried the standard lens but have several action cams where I usually don't run wide-angle. I think it make sense for a dash cam; can see a bit more.
* Kit is very convenient. Needed the mount/holder, long cable, cig adapter and ~4 mount clips (and a micro SD card). Other stuff is optional.
* The long powered USB cord just barely fit for my compact SUV. I think I'd go with a foot longer in a bigger car. BTW, search youtube for 'mount dashcam hide wires' to see really slick ways to hide the cabling. I was worried people would see this as too obvious (and maybe break-in) but it almost looks stock or perhaps maybe like a low-end radar detector. Anyway - not worried any more.
Only other general things:
* Replaying footage is a bit of a pain. I've only done it a couple of times but I've ejected the card rather than remove the camera but it's tight to get in there.
* It will help you a bit if you are: slight techy (for cam config/software install), a little mechanical (for the install/wiring), and not new to cams (I don't know if I'd suggest this as a first cam for someone that doesn't work with videos/HD/etc.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Excellent, love them, looking forward to the day when they make these in 2k or 4k, would love to see that, but for now, the 1080p in wide angle is brilliant! Read morePublished 22 days ago by William Dieffenbach
This was not a camera that was designed initially to be used as a dash cam. However, several websites mentioned it for that use and now they sort of market it as such with... Read morePublished 1 month ago by J
Very good quality dash cam. I used as security camera for my home, but needed to connect to a car battery to keep operating- camera battery dies very quick.Published 2 months ago by Denver F
Great camera. Easy to setup once you read the instruction. The quality is very good. I took the footage and watched it on a big screen TV. Read morePublished 2 months ago by audiophile1970
I purchased the Mobius dash cam package and it excellent. Supports 64GB card exFAT now and reportedly works with 128GB cards as well. Read morePublished 2 months ago by TechVet
The camera works great but the windshield mounting cup tends to let go and the camera falls off the windshield. So far camera has not broken because of this.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Fantastic dash cam configuration, going strong for over a year, highs in the 90's, lows in the -20's, no issues. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer