Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Animal Crossing: City Folk - Nintendo Wii” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 41% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
About the Product
- DS Suitcase mode included which lets you carry your character from your Wii console to a friend's.
- A living, breathing gameplay environment where there is always something to do.
- Multiplayer support up to four players when used with 'Wii Speak' microphone (Microphone sold separately).
- Extensive custotomizing options allow you to visit the salon and give your Mii a makeover.
- Befriend your animal neighbors by exchanging letters, gifts and favors in order to bring their memories and stories from their old towns into the game.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
You make the whole story, as you and up to three other players move into a town and just live life. Befriend your animal neighbors, decorate your house with cool furnishings, fill up your wardrobe, get to know the local wildlife, hop on a bus to visit the new city and just explore the world. There are a million different ways to play. Every charming animal character has a personality: some are grouches while others are chatterboxes. And there's no final goal or high score to hit. The game keeps going for as long as you want to play, and your town will always be there when you return. Move into town, buy a house and then do whatever you want. Time and seasons pass as they do in the real world, so there's always something different happening. Collect more than 2,400 items, go fishing for rare and interesting fish, catch all kind of cool bugs, dig up dinosaur fossils and buried treasure, hang out with other players or spend the day in the city. There's so much to do, and you have all the time in the world to explore it all. DS Suitcase Mode
The DS Suitcase lets you carry your character from your Wii console to a friend's, thus giving people without an Internet connection the ability to experience multiplayer modes. Additionally, you can move your character from Animal Crossing: Wild World on Nintendo DS and play as him/her in Animal Crossing: City Folk. Key Game Features
- There's Always Something New To Do: In the living, breathing world of Animal Crossing: City Folk, days and seasons pass in real time, so there's always something to discover. Catch fireflies in the summer, go trick-or-treating on Halloween or hunt for eggs on Bunny Day. If you're in the mood for something a little faster paced, take a bus to a new urban city area that's unique to Animal Crossing: City Folk. There you can catch a show at the theater or check out the sales at Gracie's boutique. But if you don't show your face back home for too long, your neighbors will miss you.
- Play With and Hear Up to Four Friends: Up to four people from your household can live and work together to build the perfect town. Design clothes and patterns, write letters and post messages on the bulletin board for each other, or play online using your broadband connection and invite up to three friends to visit your town using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. With the new optional Wii Speak microphone (sold separately), it's like you're all in the same room. The microphone sits atop the sensor bar and picks up the conversation of everyone in the room to encourage a more inclusive experience.
- Get to Know Your Neighbors: The heart of Animal Crossing: City Folk is building relationships with the animals in your town as well as with other players. Befriend your animal neighbors by exchanging letters, gifts and favors. Animals can also move from town to town, bringing their memories and stories from their old towns with them. And since animals are notoriously loose-lipped, they spill all the juicy details.
- Express Your Personal Style: Customize your town, your house and yourself by collecting bugs, fish, fossils, art, furniture, clothes and accessories. You can also go to the salon in the city to change your hairstyle and get a Mii makeover. Plus, if you design clothes in the tailor's shop, animals will wear them and maybe even bring them to other towns.
Familiar faces such as K.K. Slider, Tom Nook, Blathers and Mr. Resetti all appear, as well as a bunch of new characters like Festivale host Pavé and Bug-Off judge Bud. Many characters who occasionally visited your town in previous Animal Crossing games have now set up permanent shop in the city, so you can see them anytime. Special Powers, Weapons, Moves & Features:
Use the Wii Remote pointer to type letters, use items, draw designs for clothing or wallpaper, drag clothing or items onto your characters, interact with animals or objects, or lead your character around the world. Use Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to hang out in real time with up to three of your friends. You can also send them e-mails and text messages from the game. Play at different times of the year to experience different activities, holidays and seasons. And when visiting a friend in another country, experience the holidays native to their culture. Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
Up to four people can play together in real time via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. The host opens his or her gate to allow friends into the town, where they can perform all sorts of activities: fish, write letters to townsfolk, shop at the store, swap items, play hide-and-seek ... anything. Up to four players can interact in real-time, communicating via text chat, mic chat and emoticons. WiiConnect24:
Using WiiConnect24, you can buy and sell items to friends by participating in silent auctions, view actual players' homes in the Happy Room Academy office or send letters to other players' towns.
Top Customer Reviews
I have come across a game that I just had to review. I can not tell you how wonderful this game is. I also have to say that simply renting this game provided my son an I something to bond over. I saw how much fun he was having and I decided to make my own character. This is a blast! We ended up sending mail and presents back and forth to each other and it has been so great.
I woke up in the middle of the night not to long ago and just happen to go down and turn the game ion and ended up fishing in the moonlight. It was so peaceful.
This is just a happy game. My son is normally drawn to war or fighting games. This is a nice break from that. There is nothing you as a parent will object to. I even bet you will want to play as much as your child. Enjoy and happy holidays!
First of all, there are several different town layouts. I did not know this and just took the first one offered to me. Apparently if you are not happy with this layout you can keep restarting until you get one you like, and there are some really nice town layouts out there, one that I especially wish I had gotten with two rivers and an island that seems much bigger than my town.
Secondly, this is something that you are not really told in the instructions or in the manual-- DO NOT RUN AROUND your town!! Doing so will wear your grass down until it is gone and you have large patches of brown dirt everywhere. Some people's towns are practically desert wastelands. This is not just an aesthetic issue- it affects game play, as you need grass in order to catch certain bugs, to plant trees and flowers, and during the winter the snow 'is' the grass so where there is no grass there will be no snow. You need snow in order to make snowmen, for which you recieve snowman furniture that cannot be obtained any other way- it is not for sale, it can only be gotten by making the perfect snowman. If you have no snow, you cannot do this. And apparently making the snowman also kills the grass. This is a feature that was built into the game called "animal tracks.Read more ›
My BIG first impression---very little seems to have changed. This game seems like a real cross between the Gamecube version and the DS version, both of which used up many hours of my time! The setup of the city is a LOT like the Gamecube version. The town have the same feel,with lots of slopes and rivers and the same somewhat tiring to get around town plan. Tom Nook, the Able sisters, Pelly, all are there in stores that look about the same. Blathers is even MORE long winded, and it's just as long a routine to get a fossil identified. It sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm not really, it's the AC I know and love. You have to go through the same internship with Tom Nook,and do even the exact same tasks you always have,and the first payment on the house is even just the same amount!
You DO get to pick your house, though,from four around town. You don't share a house, and they aren't all in a square. I picked a house on the beach, for easy fishing.
I bought a shovel and a fishing rod. Shoveling up things is the same,fishing seems initially a little easier---and yes,my first fish was indeed a Sea Bass!
The animals I visited all had furniture I recognized---modern black and white, cabin themes,etc. The animals were also about half ones I've had before, including Ruby, who I think has been in every town I've virtually lived in!
A few things I did notice---the sound was noticably better. One resident, Reuben, had a scary sort of voice, and it was really echoey and cool.Read more ›
The clothes on your back, saved letters, saved patterns, money in the bank, items in storage and items you are holding all disappear.
If you do transfer your character to the Wii from the DS, your character info on the DS is not deleted. You are able to continue playing your file on the DS - information is simply copied.
You can "carry" your character via DS if you want to physically go to a friend's house and upload your character to visit your friend's Wii town. You cannot have your character from your Wii game visit your DS town.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It came in perfect condition, it had the case, the manual, and the CD was also in perfect condition. Read morePublished 1 month ago by TT
Perfect transaction- quick, item as described. Will be back!Published 1 month ago by Melissa Farrington
The package came on time, this disk and cover looked nice but the disk would not work (in two separate wiis without issues).Published 3 months ago by caeleenda