Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Animal Puzzle Cakes! Build-A-Cake Set
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on March 7, 2011
I'd never baked with silicone before, and now I never will again. The cupcakes tasted sort of like a swimming pool smells. Yuck.

I ended up making a bear out of two round cakes and six cupcakes (baked in a regular metal pan with paper liners) as the ears and paws.

Too bad, I really liked the concept of this product, and I even bought the train/rocketship/dump truck version too. Now I will have to return them both.
on February 10, 2013
I absolutely love these! I've had no problems with them bending/tipping while baking or with "plastic" taste. I spray them with cooking spray before I put the batter in them and the cupcakes release beautifully! They washed easily by hand as well. I used the different shapes to design a giraffe for my daughter's birthday and it was a huge hit. Great product!
on December 17, 2010
This set was a lot of fun for the work party we threw for my boss. He likes turtles and I couldn't find a pan that worked so I went with this.

The only thing I didn't like about it was I had to take the cupcakes to work inside the silicone molds. The cake stuck and would have torn if I tried to unmold them here. So when it was all put together, you could still see the colored cups and some had trouble eating them out of the cups. Then there was the matter of making sure I got them all back.

Maybe I missed a step in the directions, but know that you may have trouble getting these out of the little pans to assemble your cake. But it was easy to put them all together into the right shape and decorate. I'm sure I'll use them again, I'll just be more careful about how I prepare the pans before baking.
on April 10, 2010
My daughter is 9 and loves to bake. She makes brownies and cupcakes all the time by herself. She wanted to start doing cakes and decorating them like she did her cupcakes. I bought her this for Easter. It is perfect starting place. She already knows how to make cupcakes so it worked perfect for her. The decorating is not that difficult either. It gave her the confidence to try other designs.
on March 28, 2012
I made the turtle with my 411 y/o son. The cupcakes stick to silicone cups and are very difficult to remove in one piece. Also, cleaning/washing each little cup is hard and time consuming. I plan to return these and just use either a shaped cake pan next time or just regular cupcakes in cupcake pans with paper cupcake inserts.
on May 18, 2009
Basically, we looked like awesome bakers. To top it off, no mess. Kind of a drag to clean out all the cupcake things, but not too bad.
on May 8, 2009
What a fun product! I had so much fun making my son a teddy bear cake for his 1st birthday! I love that it makes different, fun cake shapes, but in easy-to-handle individual pieces! :) And the cupcake liners are so easy to clean. I'm gonna have fun making different cakes for years to come!
on April 2, 2013
A great product and easy to use, the kids love configuring the shapes to see what other wonderful creations we can come up with
on August 22, 2013
These were easy to use and easy to clean. I did the fish version for my daughters 2nd birthday and everyone enjoyed them!
review image
on March 21, 2010
This product is a lot of fun. We've made several designs using the suggested shapes that come with the instructions as a starting off place. Designed 2 Easter Bunnies and they turned out very cute. I'm no cake decorating expert and I'm not able to stand working on a fussy design for hours and this is the perfect product for me. The serving portions are convenient and not just for kids. This is well worth the price and I expect to get a lot of use out of it.
review image review image