Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Animal Rescue Club (I Can Read Level 4)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Joseph Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on May 1, 2000
My second grader is devoring books these days. She has been reading a number of the "I Can Read Chapter Books". Of these books, this was her favorite. She liked the characters - spunky girl, timid boy, and kind boy that took care of the animals. She is hoping that the Animal Rescue Club will come out with more adventures.
She found the story credible and exciting. She would give this book a thumbs up!
on July 31, 2000
I used this book to help my Brownie Troop earn a badge. It was a wonderful introduction into discussion of helping animals. The exciting advenutre with its endearing characters is followed by a brief, but effective explanation of what children should and should not attempt with real wild animals. After hearing this story, the girls decided to take on a volunteer project at a local animal shelter. We are waiting for the next adventure of The Animal Rescue Club to see what it inspires.
on February 6, 2013
My two and a half year old loves this book. She makes us read it over and over again so it's become a bribe. A bite for page with dinner, a chapter while sitting on the potty... She just loves this book and animals. I like that one of the children, Mike, has limited vision and can't ride a bike but can help feeling for broken bones on a goose's foot. Books that have a realistic, concrete, and easy to discuss example of different abilities aren't that common. I just wish there were more of the animal rescue club. This reads like the start to a series, but doesn't seem to have any more adventures.
on October 10, 2011
I understand the concern that partially surrounds this book, i.e., does it encourage children to engage in potentially risky behaviors in order to help animals, but I think this book does a lot more good than harm. For example, I doubt that by reading this book, a child would be compelled to free an opossum from a roof gutter. Yes, I suppose that could happen, but realistically, I doubt it. What this book does really well is get kids and their parents talking about the respectful treatment of animals. It also encourages children to treat animals with kindness, which is fantastic.
Matilda Mae: The Dog Who Needed a Name
on April 9, 2014
Great book for small group reading. The children really enjoyed the story. The situations in the story held their interst and they couldn't wait to find out what happen next.
VINE VOICEon November 25, 2010
Animal Rescue Book
(1998)
An "I Can Read Chapter Book".

Jeffrey, Beaner and Raymond form an animal rescue club.

I highly recommend this for beginning readers who have mastered Level 3.

Gunner November, 2010
on February 2, 2014
My friend doesn't really read much BUT she read this and ate it up and she is 37 years old. Cute, great little pictures and I imagine perfect for a little pet lover too.
on August 21, 2014
My 8 yr. old daughter loved this book! She loves animals and it was a page turner for her. She couldn't wait to finish it!
on May 16, 2003
My son picked out this book when he was 2 years old and we were both hooked. Over a year later it is still one of his favorites. Especially good book for vegan children about compassion for wild animals. I always keep a copy on hand to give as a gift.
on February 10, 2016
Kids liked it. Very interesting and good theme.