Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 77 reviews
on November 15, 2016
Tragedies and mishaps, relapses and disappearing act, Jorgenson keeps coming back and I am glad he does. This is one hardcore record and the music maintains richness of despair, anger, and that great leftist political stance that needs to be played out even more in these days of voter rejection, gerrymandering to obscene degrees, hate speech and calls to attack those in an audience who disagree with the in coming I can't believe i am saying it Trump presidency. We need anger. We need dissent. We need Al Jorgenson to get as many of his old crew, related bands, unrelated shoe gaze bands, all to speak out against the wrongs created by a very wrong politic in America. Please don't stop. I don't care if other long time fans since With Sympathy to Psalm 69, Rantology, Twitch Twitched, Covers, to today. Keep that voice going, and if not your own then pass the vibe onto other genres. Speak out Act. He has been at us for this going on 30 years. Time passes and our politic just gets worse to an all time low with the vote in 2016.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 26, 2003
Dear, intense Al and his talented buddy Paul. Ministry has to be one of the most interesting, continually evolving bands of all time. Is this the same duo that put out dance pop tunes like "Everyday (Is Halloween)", then released THE seminal industrial metal albums, and finally seemed to flame out with Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon? Lord awmighty, they are back with flawlessly disciplined havoc. This disc is brilliant!
Animositisomina is an instant and solid classic. I would rank it with Psalm 69 and Land of Rape and Honey, and yet it is not derivative of those great albums. All the brutal layers of sound are here, with machine gun percussion and frenzied guitars. The time signatures are demanding and riveting and, what I think really sets this work apart, the vocals are incredible. I believe I even know what Jourgensen's voice sounds like now and .... he's got a great voice!
I'd rank "Piss" and "Broken" with Ministry stalwarts "Scarecrow" and "Stigmata", and "Leper" goes on for 9 glorious minutes of lush devastation. There is not a loser in the bunch. I hate to see another human being in pain, but if Al Jourgensen's rage results in music this intense and cathartic, then I would be willing to stand in line to poke him with a stick.
Awesome. Passionate. Pulverizing. Overwhelming. Irresistible. Jourgensen and Barker are at the top of their game, and I am so thankful. So very very thankful.
on September 14, 2011
With some albums, I can listen to the whole thing and enjoy every song the first time I hear them. Unfortunately, these albums become boring rather quickly. On the other hand, the albums that I dislike at first hearing often become favorites when I listen to them later in the correct frame of mind. That is how I rate Animositisomina.

The hidden benefit in this album was their cover of Magazine's The Light Shines Out of Me. Ministry turned me on to this band with the song. Thanks, Al.
on March 6, 2003
You might think getting married, kicking drugs and moving to dusty ol' Texas would mean the death of Al Jourgensen's creativity, but you'd be wrong. This is the best Ministry has sounded in awhile...the heavy, crunching wall of noise is still there, but there is more melody this time around and less dependence on sampling. Al is doing a lot more actual singing these days, which is great to hear. Animositisomina was recorded in one fourth of the time that they usually take to put something out and I think working quickly suits them. It is raw and yet doesn't scrimp on the production either. Definitely a step in the right direction for Al, Paul & Co.
on December 13, 2013
Ministry has evolved with each album - providing fresh and satisfying music throughout Al Jourgensen's wild career / life. Until now, Animisitisomina was the only complete Ministry album missing from my collection. In typical Ministry fashion, this album provides a sonic experience that is both familiar and unlike any other!
on March 14, 2013
This album makes my hair stand on end in is soooo good. Crunchy, chunky riffs and the kind of social issue/introspective vocals Al Jourgensen puts together seemlessly.
on January 23, 2012
This is a good album which is surprisingly underrated by most critics. Go buy it and you will not be disappointed.
on January 11, 2016
Great...
on May 1, 2015
not what I thought it would be.
on June 16, 2008
this is a pretty mediocre, id give it a pass and get land of rape n honey or paslm 69 or filth pig. if you have all those. save your money