- Size (LWH): 5.39 inches, 2.64 inches, 0.65 inches
- Weight: 8.16 ounces
- Battery Type: Lithium Polymer
Anker Astro E3 Ultra Compact 10000mAh Portable Charger (2nd Gerneration, Classic External Battery Power Bank) Slim with PowerIQ Technology Black
|Sale:||$25.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
|You Save:||$34.00 (57%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Exclusive PowerIQ Technology: Detects your device to deliver its fastest possible charge speed up to 3 amps.
- Ultra-High Capacity: Charges the iPad Air almost once, the Galaxy S5 two and a half times, the iPhone 5s four and a half times and other smartphones multiple times.
- Most Compact: Slim, sleek, smartphone-like design featuring a 4-LED power meter. Recharges in 6 hours with a 2 amp adapter (not included) and the included Micro USB cable.
- What You Get: Anker Astro E3 Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service. Lightning cable for iPhone / iPad sold separately.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Portable powerpack perfection.
From ANKER, America's Leading USB Charging Brand
• Faster and safer charging with our advanced technology
• 10 million+ happy users and counting
Detects your device. Delivers the fastest charge.
Exclusive to Anker, PowerIQ amp-adjustment technology intelligently identifies your device to deliver its fastest possible charge.
Charge an iPhone over four times, a large capacity phone like the Galaxy S5 two and a half times or most tablets at least once.
The size and feel of a smartphone. The E3 is unobtrusive, lightweight and the most compact among batteries of this capacity.
Industry grade materials, premium circuitry and a battery 10% more efficient than the industry average ensure complete reliability.
World Famous Warranty
At Anker, we believe in our products. That's why we back them all with an 18-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
For Optimal Use:
• Use the included cable, your original cable or a third-party certified one (such as MFi).
• Compatible with the new 12 inch MacBook, 2015 (USB-C cable needed) Apple and Android smartphones, tablets (including the Nexus 7) and other USB-charged devices except for the iPod nano, iPod Classic, HP TouchPad, Dell Venue 11 Pro, Asus tablets and some GPS and Bluetooth devices.
• Do not try to recharge the Astro E3 while it's charging a device, as this may reduce the battery's lifespan.
From the Manufacturer
|Astro E1 Portable Charger||Astro E3 Portable Charger||2nd Gen Astro3 Portable Charger||Astro E4 Portable Charger||Astro E5 Portable Charger||Astro E7 Portable Charger|
|Color Selection||Black, White||Black, White||Black, White||Black, White||Black, White||Black, White|
|Battery Capacity||5200 mAh||10000 mAh||12800 mAh||13000 mAh||16000 mAh||26800 mAh|
|No. of iPhone 6 charges||2.0||3.9||5.0||5.0||6.2||10.0|
|No. of iPad Air charges||0.4||0.8||1.0||1.0||1.3||2.0|
|No. of USB Charging Ports||1||2||3||2||2||3|
|Max Charging Speed||2 A||3 A||4.5 A||3 A||3 A||4 A|
|Size||3.8 × 1.7 × 0.9 inches (candybar)||5.4 × 2.6 × 0.6 in (two decks of cards)||4.4 × 3.3 × 1.0 in (hipflask)||5.9 × 2.5 × 0.9 inches (glasses case)||5.9 × 2.5 × 0.9 inches (glasses case)||6.5 × 3.1 × 0.9 inches (Galaxy Note 4)|
|Weight||4.2oz (baseball)||8.2 ounces||10.6 oz (iPad mini)||10.4 oz (iPad mini)||10.4 oz (iPad mini)||15.8 oz (football)|
Top Customer Reviews
The Praise (Good Things)
* Small form factor for the amount of battery content
* Charge status and level indicator LEDs
* Automatic power off
* PowerIQ(tm) feature to automatically route power and line connectivity based on the device plugged in
* Excellent value for cost
The Raze (Bad Things)
* Construction of the included cable is cheap
The Haze (Things to Consider)
* About the size of a 5" smart phone but thicker
* Substantially heavier than an average smart phone
* Charges more slowly than the power it supplies
* Will not charge low-power-draw devices due to Auto-Off function
* Charging this device draws more power than some chargers can provide
* Does not come with an AC power adapter to charge itself so charging off USB is a very long process
AnkerDirect has changed the product on this ASIN to a "2nd Gen" version. Many of the older reviews are reviews of the original first generation. This review has been updated to the second generation product currently provided here.
Edit February 25 2015:
Due to the increasing average size of smart phones, some terminology has been changed to better reflect the changing reality around the world.
This battery comes in a comfortable packaging with good instructions and a few interesting items.Read more ›
update 03.02.14: sorry I didn't update sooner. I emailed Anker and told them about the problem. They emailed me right away, asked for the model# and my address. They sent me another charger and didn't make me go to the post office and pay to return the old one. Then they emailed me a week or so later to make sure I got it and to see if it was working properly. I emailed them back thanking them for their awesome c.s. and told them that it's working great. I get 2 or 3 charges on my tablet or several on my phone with 1 charge. I not only would do business with Anker again, but I highly recommend them, their products and their c.s. is 2nd to none.
Pros - Large capacity
Multiple different connectors for charging different devices
Attractive design/good construction
Cons - I wish it came with better way of organizing or keeping up with all the USB charging cord and connectors. Maybe slimmer battery design that would allow some kind of case built-in storage for the connectors? Or a self contained case of some kind that keeps up with the cord. I am thinking of solution...ahh wish I had that 3D printer now...any how the carry pocket that comes with it is not the best solution. Not sure this would be great daily pocket-able solution (look to the slim battery pack they offer). As with all battery packs the dilemma is between portability, size and capacity. For my needs I can keep this in backpack, travel bag but for a jean pockets or such slimmer less capacity battery would be better.Read more ›
This product does what it advertises, and does it VERY well. It comes with a nice mesh case which I carry it in constantly, and a nice little coiled USB cord with a few tips. While these aren't compatible with every device I own, I use it mainly to charge my phone, which is MicroUSB and included.
Some devices I have tried charging:
- I own a Motorola Droid 4, and I have charged the phone from dead to full over 4 times on a single charge. Android and Apple ports work, but on the Android port, the Droid 4 actually charges FASTER than the stock plug-in charger. My phone does not seem to mind.
- An LG Ally charges on either port, but faster on the Android port.
- A Nintendo DS Lite (with a compatible USB cord) charges on either port.
- An iPod Nano 6th Generation charges on the Apple port. It does not respond on the Android port. I have charged this device from dead to full, and did lose enough capacity on the battery for it to register.
I will update this review with more results as I charge more devices. I'm going on a few flights in the next couple of months, so this charger will gets LOTS of use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought one for me and 2 more for gifts for friends. I'vw been using it since christmas, works great. Read morePublished 5 hours ago by Ike Feen
It was great. I went on vacation overseas and it came in handy several timesPublished 7 hours ago by Doud Ohmer
I've had this for over a year and have only had to charge it a half dozen times. It holds it charge very well and it rapidly charges my phones, tablets and laptop. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
I love this battery, charges my phone super fast, and I get about 8 charges of the phone out of each charge of batter.Published 1 day ago by C Wiseman
I bought this on April 6th. It worked great for 3 months, but now it won't charge.Published 2 days ago by Jay Dubya
The Anker E3 Ultra Compact portable power pack is perfect for business or vacation travel. It provides enough power to charge your tablet, phone, etc. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Traveler "David"
Very compact unit, smaller and easier to store than other units with less capacity.Published 3 days ago by lindsay mcrory