- Save 15% on 1 Anker LC90 Rechargeable Tactical Flashlight For every 1 Qualifying items you purchase offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code 7KK2WY77 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on 1 Anker iPhone X Screen Protector For every 1 Qualifying items you purchase offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code KARAPGLS at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 25% on 1 KARAPAX iPhone X Slim Texture Case For every 1 Qualifying items you purchase offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code KRPX160A at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on 1 Anker SoundCore 24-Hour Playtime Portable Bluetooth Speaker For every 1 Qualifying items you purchase offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code NNBXWLH4 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Anker 24W Dual USB Car Charger, PowerDrive 2 for iPhone X / 8 / 7 / 6s / Plus, iPad Pro / Air 2 / mini, Galaxy S7 / S6 / Edge / Plus, Note 5 / 4, LG, Nexus, HTC and More
|Price:||$9.99 & FREE Shipping|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by America's leading USB charging brand.
- Advanced Charging Technology: PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to provide the fastest possible charge up to 4.8 amps or 2.4 amps per port. (Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge).
- Certified Safe: Anker's MultiProtect safety system ensures complete protection for you and your devices.
- Compact Design: One of the industry's smallest ever USB car chargers, featuring two USB ports and an LED light for after dark.
- What You Get: The Anker PowerDrive 2 (24W 2-port USB car charger, no cord), welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
One of America's Leading USB Charging Brand.
PowerDrive by Anker:
- PowerDrive is our acclaimed series of powerful, portable in-car USB chargers, built using only premium materials and the most advanced charging technology.
Anker PowerDrive 2
The 24W 2-port USB Car Charger for Phones, Tablets and more
PowerDrive 2 condenses twin-port high-speed charging into an incredibly compact power source for any phones or tablets on the road.
- Remarkably compact, with twin charging ports
- Two ports with the power to charge two iPads at high speed
- PowerIQ for customized, high-speed charging
Our PowerIQ and other advanced technologies charge your devices faster. Charge two iPads together at full-speed.
Intelligent high-speed USB charging for just about any phone, tablet, or other USB device.
Uncompromising Safety Standards
Our unique MultiProtect Safety System protects against shorts, surges and other dangers to keep you and your devices safe.
A redesigned and completely updated version with further-optimized form and function.
Only Premium Components
PowerDrive 2 is made using high-grade components and materials, with world-class chips and circuitry. It’s CE & FCC-certified for complete safety and reliability.
Peace of Mind Included
Every purchase includes our worry-free 18-month warranty and lifetime technical support. If you have any questions, our friendly customer service team will be more than happy to help out.
For Optimal Use:
- Use your original cable or a third-party certified one (such as MFi).
- Compatible with the new 12" MacBook, Apple and Android smartphones, tablets (including the Nexus 7) and other USB-charged devices except for the iPod nano, iPod Classic, iPod Shuffle, HP TouchPad and Asus tablets.
- We recommend charging your MacBook while it's turned off or in sleep mode (5-hour recharge time).
|PowerDrive 2||PowerDrive+ 2||PowerDrive 4||PowerDrive 2 with Micro Cable||PowerDrive 2 Elite with Lightning Connector||PowerDrive Speed 2|
|Charging Technology||PowerIQ||PowerIQ & Quick Charge 2.0||PowerIQ||PowerIQ||PowerIQ||Quick Charge 3.0 & PowerIQ|
|Colour Selection||White, Black||Black||Black||White, Black||Black||Black|
|Output Currency||5V / 4.8A||5V / 2.4A||5V / 9.6A||5V / 4.8A||5V / 2.4A||3.6V-6.5V / 3A, 6.5V-9V / 2A, 9V-12V / 1.5A|
|Size||2.5" x 1.1" x 1.1"||1.9" x 1.4" x 2.8"||3.3" x 1.9" x 1.1"||2.4" x 1.4" x 1.4"||2.4" x 1.4" x 1.4"||2.6" x 1.4" x 1.4"|
|Weight||1 oz||3.2 oz||1.6 oz||1.8 oz||1.8 oz||1.4 oz|
|Safety Certification||FCC, RoHS, CE, PSE||FCC, RoHS, CE, PSE||FCC, RoHS, CE, PSE||FCC, RoHS, CE, PSE||FCC, RoHS, CE, PSE||FCC, RoHS, CE, PSE|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Compatible Phone Models||samsung-galaxy-s-6, samsung-galaxy-s-6-edge, iphone-6, iphone-6s||samsung-galaxy-s-7, iphone-6s-plus||iphone 7,iphone 7 plus,iphone 6s,iphone 6s plus,iphone 6,iphone 6s,iphone 8,iphone 7s,iphone 7s plus, iphone 5s,iphone 5,iphone se,iphone 4s,iphone 4,iphone,ipad,ipad pro,tablet,ipad air,ipad mini, galaxy s7,galaxy s7 edge,galaxy s6,galaxy s6 edge,galaxy s6 edge plus,galaxy s5,galaxy s4,galaxy s5 mini,galaxy s5 active,galaxy s3,galaxy note 8,galaxy note 5,galaxy note 4,galaxy note 3,galaxy note 2, iphone car charger,car charger,samsung car charger,galaxy car charger,google pixel car charger,pixel xl car charger,car chargers,cellphone car charger,smartphone car charger,window phone car charger,tablet car charger, google pixel,google pixel xl,nexus,battery case,bluetooth speaker,htc,lg,android window phone,sony xperia,pixel 2,pixel 2 xl, note 8, note 5, Note 4, galaxy s7, galaxy s7 edge, galaxy s6 edge, galaxy s6 edge, htc one m9,m8,m7, galaxy s5,s4,s3, google nexus 5x, nexus 6p, Nexus 4, lg g5,g4,g3||Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung Galaxy Series, Note Series, LG, HTC, Sony, Nexus, Motorola and More||Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung Galaxy Series, Note Series, LG, HTC, Sony, Nexus, Motorola and More||Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung Galaxy Series, Note Series, LG, HTC, Sony, Nexus, Motorola and More|
|Item Dimensions||1.1 x 2.56 x 1.1 in||1.1 x 1.1 x 2.32 in||4.4 x 5 x 1.25 in||1.38 x 3.35 x 3.46 in||1.38 x 2.56 x 1.38 in||1.1 x 1.1 x 2.56 in|
AMERICA'S LEADING USB CHARGING BRAND
- Faster and safer charging with our leading technology
- 10 million+ happy users and counting
Anker PowerDrive 2
24W 2-port USB car charger for phones, tablets & more
Advanced Charging Technology
Exclusive to Anker, PowerIQ and VoltageBoost combine to ensure the fastest possible charge, whatever device you have. (Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge)
Ultra High Power
Two ports pump out 24 watts of power. That's enough to charge two iPads simultaneously!
MultiProtect Safety System
Surge protection, temperature control and more advanced safety features keep you and your devices safe.
PowerDrive 2 Lite is slim, sleek, and incredibly compact to stay out of the way when plugged in.
World Famous Warranty
At Anker, we believe in our products. That's why we back them all with an 18-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
For Optimal Use:
• Use your original cable or a third-party certified one (such as MFi).
• Compatible with the new 12" MacBook, Apple and Android smartphones, tablets (including the Nexus 7) and other USB-charged devices except for the iPod nano, iPod Classic, iPod Shuffle, HP TouchPad and Asus tablets.
• We recommend charging your MacBook while it's turned off or in sleep mode (5-hour recharge time).
If a port isn't working properly, your device may have triggered the protective internal safety switch. In order to reset the switch, unplug all cables for five minutes and retry.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
To start, I need to explain why it is getting 3 stars. The charger is built extremely well on the component level, but Anker's customer service and the lack of attention to detail semi ruined this charger for me. Let me explain what happened.
I bought the charger and it came in a week, pretty ridiculous when i'm located in the same state as Anker's shipping dept. I have Prime, but this isn't a prime item.
Then I plugged it into my car, all works fine didn't notice anything. Drove around and my phone started to vibrate like crazy, after some searching around, I found out that the center spring was way too strong. The side springs are too weak, and its making intermittent contact with the 12v socket.
I asked on Amazon if anyone has had this issue, and sure enough some people did. So I contacted Anker at firstname.lastname@example.org
They said I will need to ship it back, then when they receive it, they send another one. The turn around time was too long so I tried to just return it on Amazon. They didn't let me so I called Amazon customer service. They refunded my money and let me keep the charger.
Instead of letting it go to waste, I wanted to fix it. So here is the charger in pieces and under some extreme testing.
You can see the Input voltage of the charger I put at its min voltage of 10v. It draws quite a bit of current. 3.07 amps which turns into 30.5 watts going into the charger. However only ~25watts come out. You can pretty much calculate the efficiency right there at around Efficiency = (Vout*Iout)/Vin*Iin Which turn out a 82.2%
You have to trust me here but I did the same test on the high end, 24volts. The efficiency was 81.8%
The design and layout of the circuitry is not bad at all, although i couldn't find a datasheet on the main chip MPSF14/M5402M, everything else is quite high quality. You have a good quality solid state capacitor, which is rated 2000 hours at 105C. I have done a burn in test with this charger. 12 hours at full load. It got extremely hot but it's all working still.
Modifications I have done,
Cut the center spring 2mm shorter, cover the whole inside with thermal pads, to actually get the heat out. But I have to give Anker credit for the small piece of white thermal pad already in there.
Build quality is pretty nice, the inductor is siliconed, solder joints looks good.
Bottomline is, if this charger fits your car. Then your golden, if not and you don't know how to take it apart. Then your screwed.
FYI Both the Anker 4 port 48w and the old 24w power iq fit in my car's 12v socket.
Note the smooth metal contacts on this charger, versus the plate-like contacts on similar chargers. When the occasion arises that I need to rotate the charger within the charging port of my truck, I can do so without worrying that the contacts are going to catch on something and/or break something.
EDIT: Anker responded to this review and wanted to make it right for me. So they sent me their [url=http://www.amazon.com/Car-Charger-PowerIQ-Technology-Motorola/dp/B00WHXRGL4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453599900&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+48w+4-port+usb+car+charger]48W 4-Port USB Car Charger[/url] free of charge to use with my Nexus 6P. That is awesome customer service! We've bought a few things from Anker, and will again. Great company to do business with.