- Save 10% on Anker PowerPort Power Strip, 12 Outlets & 3 USB Ports when you purchase 1 or more Anker wall charger or car charger offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code 66ETQD68 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 50% on 1 Anker iPhone X Breeze Case For every 1 Qualifying items you purchase offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code BEST9016 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 12% on 1 Anker Best Speaker For every 1 Anker Procuct you purchase offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code BEST3105 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on 1 Roav Viva-Alexa Enabled Car Charger For every 1 Anker Product you purchase offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code ALLAVIVA at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on 1 ❤Anker FM Transmitter❤ For every 1 Qualifying items you purchase offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code ANKERAFM at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Anker 21W Dual USB Solar Charger, PowerPort Solar for iPhone 7/6s/Plus, iPad Pro/Air 2/mini, Galaxy S7/S6/Edge/Plus, Note 5/4, LG, Nexus, HTC and More
- Low Return Rate: 32% fewer returns than similar products
- Highly Rated: More than 80% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Popular Item: Popular with customers shopping for "anker solar charger"
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Fast Charging Technology: PowerIQ delivers the fastest possible charging speed up to 2.4 amps per port or 3 amps overall under direct sunlight. 21 watt SunPower solar array is 21.5-23.5% efficient, providing enough power to charge two devices simultaneously.
- Incredibly Durable: Industrial-strength PET polymer faced solar panels sewn into a rugged polyester canvas offer weather-resistant outdoor durability.
- Highly Portable: Compact size (11.1 × 6.3in folded or 26.4 × 11.1in opened) and stainless-steel eye-holes on each corner allow easy attachment to backpacks, trees, or tents. Lightweight (14.7 oz) and ultra-thin design (1.1in folded or 0.2in opened) make it ideal for long treks.
- What You Get: Anker PowerPort Solar (21W 2-Port USB Solar Charger), 3ft Micro USB cable, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
|8W Solar Charger||14W Solar Charger||PowerPort Solar Lite||PowerPort Solar|
|Number of Panel||2||4||2||3|
|No. of USB Charging Ports||1||2||2||2|
|Unfolded Size||19.2 × 9.1 in||34.6 × 11.0 × 0.3 in||18.9 × 11.0 × 0.1 in||26.4 × 11.1 × 0.2 in|
|Folded size||9.2 × 6.7 in||11.0 × 6.9 × 1.0 in||11.1 × 6.3 × 0.7 in||11.1 × 6.3 × 1.1 in|
|Weight||13.8 oz||27.9 oz||12.5 oz||14.7 oz|
|Certification||FCC, RoHS, CE||FCC, RoHS, CE||FCC, RoHS, CE||FCC, RoHS, CE|
Anker PowerPort Solar
Charge with the Power of the Sun.
From ANKER, America's Leading USB Charging Brand
- Faster and safer charging with our advanced technology
- 10 million+ happy users and counting
When you're out enjoying the great outdoors, enjoy another perk: free limitless power. Simply spread out the solar panels or attach to your pack to start recharging your gadgets.
Fast Charging Technology
Exclusive to Anker, PowerIQ discovers and replicates your device's original charging protocol to provide its fastest possible charging speed up to 2.4 amp per port or 3 amps overall (with enough direct sunlight).
Compact design (11.1 × 6.3in folded or 26.4 × 11.1in opened) and rugged stainless-steel eye-holes on each corner make attaching it to a backpack or tent a cinch. Super lightweight (14.7oz) and thin (1.1in folded or 0.2in opened), it easily fits in a daypack.
Industrial-strength PET plastic faced solar panels sewn into high-wear polyester canvas ensure it's able to withstand the trials of your outdoor adventures.
Short circuit and surge protection technology keep you and your devices safe.
For Optimal Use:
• Ability to charge your device dependent on sufficient sunlight.
• While the polyester canvas provides some water protection, we recommend minimizing moisture exposure to protect electrical components.
• Compatible with Apple and Android smartphones, tablets (including the Nexus 7) and other USB-charged devices.
This charger is not compatible with the iPod nano, iPod Classic, iPod Shuffle, HP TouchPad and Asus tablets.
Not a battery. Does not hold its own charge.
May only charge in direct sunlight.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
For example, if the sun is out the 20100 will charge at 2.0 Amps from this solar charger. If a cloud passes and the solar charger can only produce 0.25 Amps then the 20100 will reduce is current draw to 0.25 Amps (as it should). However when the sun comes back out the 20100 will still only draw 0.25 Amps, even though more than 2 Amps are available. This was verified using both the YZX Studio ZY1266 USB power monitor and the Drok Pocket Digital Multimeter.
Anker support said the 20100 power bank was defective. I replaced it with a second one that behaved the same. I tested my older out of production Anker batteries: the Astro 3E also doesn't increase its charge rate, but the Gen 1 Astro E5 does. The E5 immediately responds when the sun comes back out and draws all available current from the solar charger. I again contacted Anker support and asked for a list of batteries that have been tested with and charge properly from the Anker solar charger. Anker could not produce anything so I was on my own.
I purchased some other batteries to see what would work.
The EasyAcc Monster 26000mAh Power Bank worked properly. Plus this battery has two charging ports so it can connect to both solar output ports and charge at greater than 2.0 Amps when enough sunlight is available.
The Anker Astro E7 26800mah Power Bank works perfectly with the Anker solar charger.
The RavPower 26800mah Power Bank works properly in almost all conditions with the Anker solar charger. However if the sunlight drops too low and the charger produces close to 0 ma, but then the sun comes out before the solar charger powers off, the RavPower would not charge anymore. None of the other batteries had this particular problem. I also have the ChoeTech 19W SunPower Solar Charger so I tried the RavPower with it and found that the ChoeTech will reset the USB connection within a few seconds of this happening. So the ChoeTech/RavPower combination works fine. But if you use the RavPower with the Anker solar charger you might come back to your battery at the end of the day to find it didn't charge.
My first test of the panels was on a mostly cloudy day when my power brick was charged in the 26-50% range. It charged up to the 51-75% range after about 4 hours of indirect sunlight, using both cables.
My second test was on a very sunny day. My pack was drained back down to the 26-50% range and was fully charged after about 4 hours in direct sunlight, using both cables.
I do not recommend using the provided pouch on the panels to store your device, as the heat there can be excessive. Get some longer USB cables so that you can move your device away from the panels - they do get quite warm.
I did not see the problem some people have talked about where the panels quit charging until unplugged and then plugged back in. On the mostly cloudy day, I did have a few short periods of direct sun mixed in with the clouds. I watched the charge light on the panels and it stayed red the entire time. My EasyAcc brick was receiving a charge the entire time.
So far I am very pleased with this kit and would recommend for anyone who might want to dip their toe into solar power.
UPDATE: I have been able to actually measure the power output of the panels now, with a Drok USB tester. As you can see in the photos, in direct sunlight I was getting 4.4 to 4.5 amps in direct sunlight, which is a bit higher output than advertised (21w/5v = 4.2 amps). A bit of shade drops the output down into the 2.5 to 3 amp range and complete overcast will produce from .5 to 1 amps. As expected the angle of the panels affected power output as well, with around 45 degrees to the current sun azimuth producing the highest output.
I fully charged an iPAD with this, in good sunlight, at about the same rate as the OEM wall charger. It also neatly charges my battery, my phone, and my GPS.
It fits nicely in the pack, and folds up well. The only suggestion I'd make is putting some foam or microfiber cloth on the inside of the power unit to reduce scratches/pressure against the adjacent solar panels whilst packing it.
A year later, it still seems to be holding up well.
Most recent customer reviews
I go camping like 6 days a year, but even I do not have a need for this.