- Save 10% on 1 Anker SoundCore 24-Hour Playtime Portable Bluetooth Speaker For every 1 Qualifying items you purchase offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code KUHYXFAE at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on [ Anker PowerCore+ 26800 Quick Charge 3.0 Power Bank ] when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code 9JO7JPN5 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on this item when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code POWER22C at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Anker PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C, Ultra-High Capacity Premium Portable Charger, 20100mAh External Battery, 6A Output Type-C Port for Macbook, Nexus, Nintendo Switch & PowerIQ for iPhone iPad & Samsung
|Sale:||$65.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$54.00 (45%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- MacBook Compatibility: In addition to standard functionality, USB-C Compatible: Fully compatible with the new MacBook (not MacBook Pro), charging at 5V/3A. USB-C port acts as input and output.
- Ultra-High Capacity: Recommended by Time Magazine, the PowerCore+'s 20100mAh capacity can fully charge 1 MacBook, 1 iPhone and 1 iPad Air 2 on a single charge.
- User Friendly: Its compact size, LED Power Wheel, premium components and aluminum-alloy case make it easily portable, durable and user friendly.
- What You Get: PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C power bank, 60cm USB to USB-C cable, 90cm USB-C to USB-C cable, welcome guide, travel pouch, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
PowerCore+ is our flagship series of portable chargers, built using only premium materials and one of the most advanced charging technology.
Make sure your charger is as advanced as your phone.
An amalgamation of advanced charging technology and premium materials. Aluminum-alloy casing holds components that are capable of providing USB and USB-C output, with PowerIQ high-speed charging technology.
The realisation of a vision to provide one of the fastest, most durable and streamlined charging experience possible.
- USB-C input and output, ideal for the latest flagship devices.
- Ultra-high capacity provides a full charge for one MacBook or up to 7 smartphone charges.
- Premium matte aluminum finish offers durability and style.
By intelligently identifying any connected device, PowerIQ delivers the optimum, high-speed charge to all devices. Includes Apple and Android phones and tablets as well as cameras, consoles and more.
Smart technology that determines when charging output is encountering resistance. By automatically compensating for this, VoltageBoost ensures charging speeds remain fast—regardless of cable or device.
The Perfect Match
Slots perfectly into your tech ecosystem. The slimline looks and casing are designed fit seamlessly with the latest flagship devices.
A combination of 10 safety features that work together to provide ultimate protection for your devices, your chargers and most importantly, you.
|PowerCore 20100||PowerCore II 20000||PowerCore Speed 20000||PowerCore 26800||PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C||PowerLine USB-C|
|Color Selection||Black / White||Black||Black||Black||Black||Black / White|
|Charging Technology||PowerIQ||PowerIQ||Quick Charge 3.0; PowerIQ||PowerIQ||PowerIQ||/|
|# of iPhone 6s Charges||7.3||7.3||7.2||9.7||7.4||/|
|# of iPad Mini 4 Charges||2.5||2.6||2.5||3||2.5||/|
|# of Samsung S6 Charges||5.2||5.2||5.1||6.9||5.3||/|
|# of USB Charging Ports||2||3||2||3||3||/|
|Output||5V 4.8A (2.4A max per port)||5V 6A (3A max per port)||Quick Charge 3.0: 5-8V=3A, 8-10V=2.4A,10-12V=2A;PowerIQ: 5V=2A||5V 6A (3A max per port)||Type C port: 5V 3A; PowerIQ port: 5V 3A max (2.4A max per port)||/|
|Max Input||2A||4A (dual input)||Quick Charge 3.0: 5-9V 2A, 9-12V 1.5A||4A (dual input)||2.4A||/|
|Size||6.5 x 2.3 x 0.9in||6.3 x 2.6 x 1in||7.4 x 2.8 x 0.7 in||7 x 3.1 x 0.9in||7.2 x 2.4 x 0.9 in||900 x 12.3 x 6.2 mm|
Compare to similar items
PowerCore+ 20100 USB-C
The Premium Portable Charger
From ANKER, America's Leading USB Charging Brand
• Faster and safer charging with our advanced technology
• 10 million+ happy users and counting
We integrate our smart-charging PowerIQ and current-stabilizing VoltageBoost technologies to get the fastest possible charge up to 2.4A per port (3A with USB-C).
With a capacity of 20,100mAh, PowerCore+ can charge a typical phone 7 times without itself needing a recharge.
Despite its massive capacity, PowerCore+ can be fully recharged in 8 hours by a 2.4A charger and the included USB to USB-C cable. That’s 20% faster than a typical charger of similar capacity.
PowerCore 20100 is one of the first portable chargers to utilize USB-C input and output. A reversible, high-power connection that recharges the 2015 MacBook and other USB-C devices up to 5V/3A.
MultiProtect Safety System
Surge protection, short circuit prevention and more advanced safety features protect you and your devices.
For Optimal Use:
- Press the LED Power Wheel before connecting your device to activate USB-C output.
- Disconnect your USB-C device once it is fully charged. This will prevent the device from returning charge to PowerCore.
- Use the included cable, your original cable or a third-party-certified one (such as MFi).
- The included USB-A to USB-C cable is designed for charging PowerCore. Performance may be limited with other devices.
- The new MacBook 2015/2016 (with included USB-C cable)
- Apple and Android smartphones, tablets (including Nexus 7)
- Nexus 6P / 5X, Oneplus 2, LG G5, HTC 10 etc.
- Other USB-charged devices
- Note: Not compatible with Sony Xperia XZ or Google Pixel, MacBook Pro 2016, Dell XPS 12 9250 (2015), Dell XPS 15 (9550), Dell XPS 13 (9350) or HP Spectre x2, iPod nano / Shuffle / Classic, HP TouchPad, Dell Venue 11 Pro, Asus tablets and some GPS and Bluetooth devices.
Top customer reviews
I can confirm that this battery bank will charge the switch while playing. I ran my switch down to 14% battery playing Breath of the Wild and plugged in the Anker PowerCore+. After continuing to play BOTW for a couple hours with the charger connected, the battery was up to 50%. Considering how much of a power hog BOTW is, this is pretty good, AND I never had to stop playing.
Pro Tip: When I first connected the Anker PowerCore+ to the switch, the switch wasn't charging. Then I remembered that the instructions had said you have to power on the battery bank first to swap from power in to power out on the USB-C port. Always follow the instructions.
Cheap USB Type-C adapter cables have gotten some negative press recently with Benson Leung's compliance campaign and people damaging USB ports trying to charge their new phones from their laptops. The problem isn't that the market is flooded with defective cables, the problem is it is flooded with cheater cables. These cheater cables are being mass-produced for one purpose, and that is to boost MacBook charging speed. Which would be great, except that every one of them can cause permanent damage to non-Type-C USB ports on your laptop that will be very expensive to repair. It is impossible to tell whether a cable is compliant or not just by looking at it.
Anker is making and selling cheater cables. Buyer beware.
I took the adapter cable that comes with this battery to the lab and hooked it up to the multimeter. As you can see, the resistor connected to the CC pins is 10 Kohms. That tells USB Type-C devices that they can draw the allowed 3 A from the host. But this is an adapter cable for plugging into a Type-A host. So if the USB port on the host cannot handle a 3 amp load, poof goes your controller chip. Or it browns out and damages the USB port on the device. Or maybe you'll get lucky.
If you own this kit, I urge you to discard the included adapter cable and buy a replacement from Benson's list.
Anker didn't have to do this. If they had shipped a compliant adapter plus a Type-C to Type-C cable, they could have advertised MacBook charging without putting your electronics at risk. But instead they cut some corners and put their brand at risk to save money. And that is why, even though the battery itself is fantastic, I am giving the kit a two-star review.
--- Update 2/25/2016 ---
Please also read Anker's response to this review in the comments.
It has come to my attention that several manufacturers who were producing compliant cables have started shipping cheater cables, so Benson's list is not as helpful as it used to be. My recommendation is to stick with Monoprice or Google for Type-C to Type-A adapter cables. Or if you have a Nexus 5X or 6P phone, use the CheckR app to test the cable yourself.
--- Update 4/4/2016 ---
Good news and more good news.
First, I have heard from one customer who received a Type-C to Type-C cable and a compliant A-to-C adapter cable, which is what this kit should have included from the beginning. If you receive an adapter cable with the kit that passes the CheckR test, please let me know in the comments.
Second, Amazon has banned non-compliant A-to-C adapter cables from the store. If you buy this kit and receive a defective cable, please contact Amazon to file a complaint against the seller.
I will be happy to give this kit a better rating after Anker sends a recall notice to all customers affected by this issue.
The trick is to power on the charger (the LED lights should stay on) BEFORE plugging in your USB-C device. If you just plug a device to the USB-C port without first powering on the charger, then your device will end up charging the battery pack. By powering on the battery pack first, power will flow from the charger to your device.
To charge another device using the battery pack's USB-C port:
1) Remove any devices plugged into charger's USB-C port
2) Power ON charger (LEDs on)
3) Plug device into charger's USB-C port
To charge the battery in the charger:
1) Remove any devices plugged into charger's USB-C port
2) Power OFF charger (LEDs off)
3) Plug device into charger's USB-C port
Now, onto the actual review:
Having one of Anker's older chargers, it sucked being limited to 2 output ports; I'd have to either juggle between my devices using the 2 ports, or to sit down near an outlet so I can charge more than 2 things at once. Being able to charge through the USB-C port now lets me charge up to 3 devices at once on a single battery pack! Even better, since the MacBook has a USB-C port as well, I can just use my MacBook's USB-C to USB-C cable to charge in either direction! Anker does provide a USB-A to USB-C cable for those that don’t have a USB-C device to charge the battery pack.
I do hope Anker will include the USB-C port in their smaller capacity battery packs as well, as this one is a little too long for my taste (the old 13000 mAh Astro E4 was ideal for me in terms of size). However, I do love the aluminum casing on this pack; definitely feels like a premium product, and I bet it'll help with dissipating heat if really cranking out the wattage.
Speaking of wattage, I've always been trying to find portable charging solutions for my 12" MacBook. When plugged into the USB-C port of the charger or using Anker's own USB-A to USB-C cable through one of the other 2 ports, my MacBook reports 15 W of power, even with an iPhone and an Apple Watch plugged into the other 2 USB ports. To compare, Apple's own AC adapter for this MacBook outputs 29 W of power, so I'd assume that the MacBook will charge roughly half as fast using this battery pack. With 20100 mAh capacity, this battery pack has more than enough capacity to fully charge my notebook, phone, and watch before having to recharge.
I just used the USB-C charging cable that came with my MacBook. If you use a normal USB -> USB-C cable, it will NOT charge as fast (if at all).