Anker Astro 6700mAh Ultra-Compact Premium Portable Charger (2nd Generation External Battery Power Bank) with Fast Charging PowerIQ Techonology and Panasonic Battery Cells
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Exclusive PowerIQ Technology: Detects your device to deliver its fastest possible charge speed up to 2 amps.
- High Capacity: Charges the iPhone 6 well over two times, the Galaxy S6 1.5 times , and other smartphones multiple times.
- Superior Quality: Premium Panasonic cells, cutting-edge circuitry and a sturdy drop-tested exterior ensure durability and safety. Recharges in just over 4 hours with a 1.2 amp adapter (not included) and the included Micro USB cable.
- What You Get: Anker 2nd Generation Astro Portable Charger, Micro USB cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service. Lightning cable for iPhone / iPad sold separately.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
|PowerCore+ Mini External Battery Charger||2nd Gen Astro External Battery Charger||2nd Gen Astro3 External Battery Charger||2nd Gen Astro E4 External Battery Charger||2nd Gen Astro E5 External Battery Charger||2nd Gen Astro E7 External Battery Charger|
|Color Selection||Black, Silver, Pink, Blue, Gold||Black, White, Blue, Green||Black, White||Black, White||Black, White||Black, White|
|Battery Capacity||3350 mAh||6700 mAh||12800 mAh||13000 mAh||16000 mAh||26800 mAh|
|# of iPhone 6 charges||1.2||2.5||5||5||6.2||10|
|# of iPad Air charges||0.3||0.5||1||1||1.3||2|
|# of USB Charging Ports||1||1||3||2||2||3|
|Max Charging Speed||1 Amp||2 Amps||4.5 Amps||3 Amps||3 Amps||4 Amps|
|Size||3.5 × 0.9 × 0.9 inches (lipstick)||3.7 x 1.8 x 1.0 in (candybar)||1.02 x 4.37 x 3.27 inches||5.9 × 2.5 × 0.9 inches (glasses case)||5.9 × 2.5 × 0.9 inches (glasses case)||6.5 × 3.1 × 0.9 inches (Galaxy Note 4)|
|Weight||2.7oz (egg)||4.8oz (baseball)||10.56oz (iPad mini)||10.4oz (iPad mini)||10.4oz (iPad mini)||15.8oz (football)|
Compare to similar items
This item Anker Astro 6700mAh Ultra-Compact Premium Portable Charger (2nd Generation External Battery Power Bank) with Fast Charging PowerIQ Techonology and Panasonic Battery Cells
Anker PowerCore 10000, One of the Smallest and Lightest 10000mAh External Batteries, Ultra-Compact, High-speed Charging Technology Power Bank for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and More
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||AnkerDirect||AnkerDirect||EasyAcc.A Store||Sunvalley Brands||AnkerDirect|
|Item Dimensions||0.98 x 3.78 x 1.81 in||2.36 x 3.62 x 0.87 in||1.7 x 3.8 x 0.9 in||2.6 x 5.28 x 0.51 in||3.3 x 5.2 x 1.5 in||2.52 x 4.96 x 0.39 in|
|Item Weight||4.8 ounces||6.4 ounces||4.2 ounces||5.2 ounces||0.5 lb||4.16 ounces|
2nd Generation Astro 6700
The most powerful and portable charger in its category.
From ANKER, America's Leading USB Charging Brand
- Faster and safer charging with our advanced technology
- 10 million+ happy users and counting
PowerIQ Detects your device. Delivers the fastest charge.
Exclusive to Anker, PowerIQ amp-adjustment technology intelligently identifies your device to deliver its fastest possible charge.
Charges the iPhone 6 over two times, the Galaxy S6 over 1.5 times, and other smartphones multiple times.
We use only the finest quality Panasonic cells, together with the most advanced materials and cutting-edge technology, to ensure complete safety.
As small as a candy bar. Now upgraded with higher density cells and efficiency 10% above most other brands to give you 6% more power.
World Famous Warranty
At Anker, we believe in our products. That's why we back them all with an 18-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
For Optimal Use:
• Use the included cable, your original cable or a third-party certified one (such as MFi).
• Compatible with Apple and Android smartphones, tablets (including the Nexus 7) and other USB-charged devices except for the iPod nano, iPod Classic, HP TouchPad, LG G2, Asus tablets and some GPS and Bluetooth devices.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The battery weighs in at 4 3/4 ounces. The battery pack has one USB output port that outputs 5 VDC at 2 Amps. It is a smart USB port whose output current will never exceed the capacity of your smart device's current charging capability. The battery is extremely energy efficient and its performance is 10 percent or more above the standard performance of a normal designed external battery. This is because of the superior quality of the battery cells used and the advanced control circuitry within the battery.
During the testing the temperature of the battery pack never even exceeded ambient room temperature. To start your device charging you connect it with the proper cable and the battery pack charging starts automatically. To check the battery pack charge status you have to shake the battery and the LED ring lights up.
This product is outstanding and I rate it at 5 stars. If you are a business person or a student and have to depend on your tablet or smart phone for long periods of time without the ability to get to an AC power source then this is a good battery to own. This is good for those who travel a lot or camp out. Now you can watch your movies or listen to your music on those long airline flights. While this battery pack can put some charge into your tablets it is more ideal for use in recharging your smart phone. Because of its size it is great to drop into a purse, briefcase or a pocket.
You should note that I did not operate my tablets or phones while I charged it but the WIFI and phone transmitter were left on. When I test a battery I do an extensive set of tests that fully charges the battery and then I use it to charge devices and make sure that it is fully depleted when my tests are done. I time each test and document the results as the test progresses. I then calculate the mAh of capacity that the battery supplied and I then calculate its charging efficiency. This process takes from 3 hours to, in very large batteries, about a day for testing. I don't take any short cuts or guess and every battery has these tests performed on it and documented. This is to assure that the battery is tested and it performs well. If a battery has performed poorly I then run the tests again to verify the results.
Items in the box:
* The Anker 2nd Gen Astro 6000 mAh battery
* The battery pack comes with an instruction manual.
* A USB charging cable that is 12 inches long.
* A nice carrying bag for the battery
* You may have to use the charging cable that comes with many of your own devices.
Anker 2nd Gen Astro 6000 mAh External Battery Pack Features:
* Powerful 6000 mAh capacity
* The unit is compact and weighs in at 4 3/4 ounces.
* Attractive design with a black rubberized external coating. The black rubberized coating is slightly textured so it is not a fingerprint magnet and easy to grip.
* The specifications and ports are nicely labeled on the case.
* It has 10 LED status lights in a ring located on the front that indicates the battery charge level. You have to shake the battery and the LED ring will light up and indicate the battery charge level. Each LED represents 10% of capacity.
* This is an ideal size and power of battery to carry in a purse, briefcase or backpack for your smart phone!
* There is one USB power output. It is a USB port rated at 5 VDC and 2 Amps and it is a smart USB port the uses only the current required by your device to properly charge it as quickly as possible.
* When you plug in a device then the charging process of your device begins automatically.
* The battery pack uses Lithium battery technology.
* The battery pack can be recharged 500+ times
* Warranty is 18 months
* The battery pack does not come with an AC wall charger. It is specified to be charged with 5 VDC at 1 amp. It will charge in 5 to 6 hours at 1 Amp input. You can charge the battery using a USB 2.0 port of your computer that is rated at 500 mA but the charging time will be 11 to 12 hours.
* The battery is extremely energy efficient and its performance is 10 percent or more above the standard performance of a normal designed external battery. This is because of the superior quality of the battery cells used and the advanced control circuitry within the battery.
Test charging devices to measure the output capacity:
I charged the battery pack fully before I started my test. I started with a Kindle Fire at 25% and the Anker 2nd Gen Astro was fully charged with 10 LEDs.
* 30 min Kindle Fire at 48% and the Anker battery had 6 LEDs
* 60 min Kindle Fire at 70% and the Anker battery had 4 LEDs
* 90 min Kindle Fire at 82% and the Anker battery had 4 LEDs
* 120 min Kindle Fire at 87% and the Anker battery had 4 LEDs
* 150 min Kindle Fire at 100% and the Anker battery had 4 LEDs
I started with an iPhone 5S at 22% and the Anker 2nd Gen Astro at 4 LEDs.
* 30 min iPhone 5S at 54% and the Anker battery had 3 LEDs
* 60 min iPhone 5S at 84% and the Anker battery had 2 LEDs
* 90 min iPhone 5S at 95% and the Anker battery had 2 LEDs
* 120 min iPhone 5S at 100% and the Anker battery had 2 LEDs
A second iPhone 5S at 79% and the Anker 2nd Gen Astro at 2 LEDs.
* 30 min iPhone 5S at 97% and the Anker battery had 1 LED
* 60 min iPhone 5S at 100% and the Anker battery had 1 LED flashing
I started charging an iPad 2 at 10% and the Anker 2nd Gen Astro at 1 LED flashing.
* In two minutes the iPad was at 12 % and the Anker battery was dead
Summary of charging tests:
* Charge an Kindle Fire 75% x 4400 = 3300 mAh
* Charge an iPhone 5S 78% x 1560 = 1216.8 mAh
* Charge a second iPhone 5S 21% x 1560 = 327.6 mAh
* Charge and iPad 2 2% x 6944 = 139 mAh
* Test result = 3300 + 1216.8 +327.6 + 139 =4983.4 mAh/6000 mAh = 83% efficiency
* That is an outstanding efficiency result for this battery.
Here are some common devices and the amount of mAh of capacity they have when they are fully charged. This is just to give you an impression of how much energy it takes to charge your smart device:
* iPhone 4 battery 1,420 mAh battery capacity
* iPhone 4S battery 1,432 mAh battery capacity
* iPhone 5 battery 1440 mAh battery capacity
* iPhone 5S battery 1560 mAh battery capacity
* iPad 2 battery 6,944 mAh battery capacity
* iPad 3 battery 11,560 mAh battery capacity
* Kindle Fire battery 4400 mAh capacity
* Kindle Keyboard battery 1750 mAh capacity
* iPad 4 battery is 11,486 mAh 3.7 VDC at 42.5 Wh
* iPad Mini battery is 4490 mAh at 3.72 VDC 16.7 Wh
As you can see the Anker 2nd Gen Astro 6000 will not fully charge a totally dead iPad 2, 3 or 4 because it only contains 6000 mAh of capacity. You have to consider the losses in the charging circuits of both the battery pack and the device you are charging. When using an external battery you have to allow approximately 30 % of the battery capacity will be lost to heat, voltage conversion, powering the batteries electronics and the electronics of your electronics device's charging circuits. In addition you have to consider that your device is not truly off like a cell phone is still connected to the WIFI and phone networks and probably receiving emails, etc.
Real world examples of charging capability with this battery pack:
* iPhone 4 approximately 351% of a full charge out of a fully charged Anker 2nd Gen Astro 6000 mAh battery pack
* iPhone 5S approximately 319.5% of a full charge
* iPad 2 approximately 71.8% of a full charge
* iPad 3 or 4 approximately 43% of a full charge
* iPad Mini approximately 111% of a full charge
* Kindle Fire approximately 113% of a full charge
* A normal estimated usable storage is 70% of capacity or .70 * 6000 mAh = 4200 mAh charging capacity available for your electronic devices.
* In my testing I was able to use approximately 4983.4 mAh of capacity or roughly 83% of the 6000 mAh capacity. This is an outstanding result.
I received a sample product for evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.
For the totally unaware, the Anker Astro is an external battery, which is intended as a backup or supplementary power source for portable electronic devices, such as smartphones (e.g. Android phones or iPhones). This is not an internal battery, meaning it is not meant to *replace* the battery that your phone came with; rather, this is intended to be carried in a bag or pocket, separate from your phone, for times when you need to charge your phone, but aren't near an outlet.
Basically, you charge up the Anker Astro from a wall outlet (plug not provided), and once it's fully charged, you toss it into your bag, along with a cable to connect the Anker up to your phone. That way, it's ready to go when you need it.
(Regarding cables: only a USB to micro USB cable was provided with the Anker Astro, so if you use an iPhone or a device that takes USB-C, plan accordingly, and make sure that you have a cable to pack along with the Anker.)
---Is it good?---
There are MANY similar batteries on the market, and I've tried several; rest assured that this *is* a good one. In addition to having good experiences with Anker myself, they are now generally pretty well-regarded these days... and for good reason, I think.
I purchased this item in April 2015, and until this past month (January 2016), it's been a permanent addition to the messenger bag I carry when I walk around New York. On more than one occasion, it's saved me from being completely disconnected (i.e. with a totally depleted battery) by charging my Android phones (first a 2014 Moto X, and more recently, a Nexus 5X) while on the move. On either of my Android phones, there was enough power in the Anker Astro 6700 to give almost two full charges.
While it doesn't charge with amazing speed, it does reasonably well; if I had to estimate, I'd say that it charges nearly as fast as a standard (non-quick charge) wall outlet, but not quite (maybe 80% as fast). Thankfully, it only gets slightly warm when charging or being charged; I've used some batteries that get hot to the touch while charging or discharging, and the Anker Astro is not one of them.
More recently, I also used it to charge my friend's iPhone 4S; she was meeting me in the city, and her phone was nearly empty by the time I met up with her. (Fortunately, I had the appropriate Apple cable in my bag, even though I no longer use an iPhone.) Actually, that's the only reason I no longer have this item; my friend loved the Anker external battery so much, I passed it along to her, and she's currently putting it to good use all over Europe.
Now, I have a much higher capacity Anker battery in my bag (Anker makes these in a bunch of sizes), but I do think that the Astro 6700 is a good, compact size and weight. Remember, the higher the capacity, the bigger and heavier the battery will be. In my opinion, the 6700 is the largest capacity that's still comfortably pocketable, so if you intend to keep this in a pocket, I don't recommend going any bigger than this one.
There are A LOT of Anker batteries on Amazon, and I was confused as to what was what, so I looked on Anker's website. As far as I can tell, it goes like this:
- Anker's Astro series was the first big seller. This battery is a part of that series.
- PowerCore is a newer lineup, and I think it was intended to replace the Astro, but Anker still apparently makes Astros (or at least lists them on their website.)
- PowerCore+ is the "flagship" lineup, and is like a more upscale PowerCore, although how exactly it's better than PowerCore, I'm not entirely certain.