- Save 15% on 1 Anker SoundBuds Slim Wireless Earbuds For every 1 Qualifying Anker Product you purchase offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code YEMT7EPM at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 23% on Anker 400 Lumen Water Resistant Flashlight when you purchase 1 or more Anker Qualifying Products offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code TUXLCUKZ at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on Anker PowerLine II Lightning Cable (3ft) White when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying Items offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code BEST8432 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on Anker PowerLine Lightning Cable (3ft) when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code 2EL3N6FC at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 10% on [ Anker PowerCore II 20000 Dual-Input 3-Port Portable Charger ] when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code 4DN2S43O at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Candy bar-Sized Ultra Compact Portable Charger (External Battery Power Bank) with High-Speed Charging PowerIQ Technology (Black)
|Sale:||$16.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$33.00 (66%)|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 10 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Exclusive PowerIQ Technology: Detects your device to deliver its fastest possible charge speed up to 2 amps (four times faster than a computer USB port). Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge
- High Capacity: Add almost two full charges to an iPhone 7 or 6s or at least one full charge to a 7 Plus, Galaxy S7, Nexus 5 or other smartphone. Or even an 80% charge to an iPad mini.
- Incredibly Compact: The size of a small candy bar (3.8 × 1.7 × 0.9in, 4.2oz) it fits perfectly in your pocket. Recharges in 5 hours with a 1A adapter (not included) and the included Micro USB cable.
- What You Get: Anker Astro E1 Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank, Micro USB Cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service. Lightning cable for iPhone / iPad sold separately.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
With classic styling, advanced technology and quality —the Astro series is here to stay.
With its unrivaled palm-friendly size and enough capacity for around 2 full phone charges - Astro E1 is one of the world’s most popular portable chargers.
Slip it into your pocket, completely forget it’s there, then bring it out for a boost when you’re running low.
- 2 Charges for Most Phones.
- High-Speed Universal Charging.
- Unbeatable Portability.
By intelligently identifying any connected device, PowerIQ is able to deliver an optimum, high-speed charge to all devices. Includes Apple and Android phones and tablets as well as cameras, consoles and more.
Astro E1 is equipped to provide two charges for most phones and single charges for larger devices. It uses premium cells and materials to deliver high-efficiency performance.
A combination of 10 safety features that work together to provide ultimate protection for your devices, your chargers and most importantly: you.
5000mAh capacity squeezed into something no larger than a candy bar. Put E1 into any pack or pocket and forget its there, then bring it out for a boost when you’re running low.
|Astro E1||PowerCore Slim 5000||PowerCore Fusion 5000||PowerCore Speed 10000 QC||PowerCore Speed 20000 QC||PowerCore 26800|
|Charging Technology||PowerIQ||PowerIQ||PowerIQ||Quick Charge 3.0; PowerIQ||Quick Charge 3.0; PowerIQ||PowerIQ|
|# of iPhone 6s Charges||2.4||2.4||2||3.6||7.3||9.5|
|# of iPad Mini 4 Charges||0.7||0.7||0.6||1.3||2.5||3|
|# of Samsung S6 Charges||1.7||1.7||1.5||2.6||5.1||6.8|
|# of USB Charging Ports||1||1||2||1||2||3|
|Output||5V 2A||5V 2A||As Charger: 5V 2.1A (2.1A max per port); As Power Bank: 5V 3A (3A max per port)||Quick Charge 3.0: 24W max||Quick Charge 3.0: 24W max; PowerIQ: 5V 2A||5V 6A (3A max per port)|
|Max Input||1A||1A||2A||2A||2A||4A (dual input)|
|Color||Black, White, Blue, Red||Black, Blue, Red||Black||Black||Black||Black|
|Size||3.8 x 1.7 x 0.9 in||4.9 x 2.5 x 0.4in||1.2 x 3.6 x 2.8in||3.9 x 2.4 x 0.9in||6.5 x 3.1 x 0.9in||7 x 3.1 x 0.9in|
Compare to similar items
This item Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Candy bar-Sized Ultra Compact Portable Charger (External Battery Power Bank) with High-Speed Charging PowerIQ Technology (Black)
Anker PowerCore 10000, One of the Smallest and Lightest 10000mAh External Batteries, Ultra-Compact, High-speed Charging Technology Power Bank for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and More B0194WDVHI
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||1.7 x 3.8 x 0.9 in||2.36 x 3.62 x 0.87 in||0.91 x 3.74 x 0.91 in||2.28 x 6.64 x 0.87 in|
|Item Weight||4.2 ounces||6.4 ounces||3.04 ounces||0.78 lb|
Astro E1 Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank
Charge your phone on the go.
From ANKER, America's Leading USB Charging Brand
• Faster and safer charging with our advanced technology
• 10 million+ happy users and counting
Exclusive to Anker. Intelligent high-speed charging for all your devices. Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge
Charge your Apple or Android smartphone one to two times while on the move. You can even charge an iPad mini to about 80%!
This thing is remarkably small. About the same size as a small candy bar, you simply will not find a more portable powerpack.
We use only premium battery cells, together with advanced materials and cutting-edge technology, to ensure complete safety.
World Famous Warranty
At Anker, we believe in our products. That's why we back them all with an 18-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
For Optimal Use:
• Use your original cable or a third-party certified one (such as MFi).
• Compatible with the new 12 inch MacBook, 2015 (USB-C cable needed) Apple and Android smartphones, tablets (including the Nexus 7) and other USB-charged devices except for the iPod nano, iPod Classic, HP TouchPad, Dell Venue 11 Pro, Asus tablets and some GPS and Bluetooth devices.
Top Customer Reviews
Dec. 9, 2016: The seller noticed my poor review and felt that they wanted to help me out. They sent me another battery FREE, postage prepaid. It works perfectly-- good shelf life, not like the first two. When I told the seller, then they sent me ANOTHER one... free. So now I have two GOOD ones which do hold the shelf life, from a company who really cares about making the product right!
Many people don't realize that device manufacturers play games by wiring their devices and cables differently so that a charger that is designed to charge an Android device will not quickly charge an Apple device. Manufacturers like Apple, Samsung, Android devices and Chinese smart devices have different circuitry in them and if the charger doesn't match their circuitry they can charge at a much slower rate. The IQ port doesn't care what type of device you plug into it because it adapts its charging rate to match what the device wants by sensing what type of device is plugged into it. I was so impressed that I put together a video of the unit and the test results for your review.
The construction of this battery pack is simply beautiful. The exterior shell is glossy black. The battery weighs in at 4.23 ounces. The battery pack has one smart IQ output port that output 5 VDC at variable current to meet the charging requirements of the device you have plugged into it. It is called a Smart Port or an IQ port. It uses a chip to help select the proper current to allow the maximum safe charging current for the fastest device charging. The port can output as much as 2 amps but the battery pack in my testing output up to 2.1 Amps while charging an Apple iPad Air.
This battery pack has enough power to charge an iPhone 5S 217%. To start your devices charging connect them with the proper cable. (You will probably have to use your own charging cable that came with your device) and charging starts after you press the on button on the side of the battery. The charging will stop automatically when your device is fully charged or the battery pack is depleted.
The battery pack has 4 blue LEDs on it and when it is charging they work like this:
* One LED blinking = less than 25%
* One LED on and one blinking = 25 to 50%
* Two LEDs on and one blinking = 50 to 75%
* Three LEDs on and one blinking = 75 to 99%
* Four LEDs on and the battery pack is fully charged
The Lithium battery can be recharged over 500 times during its life cycle. It comes with an 18 month warranty. It is recommended to charge the battery at 1 Amp and 5 VDC. It will take 5 hours to charge the battery at that charging rate. You can use your USB 2.0 port of your computer it takes 10 hours at ½ Amp input. You can even use an AC powered USB wall charger or a USB car charger and using up to 2 amps will not hurt the battery.
The battery pack does have a power on switch to turn on the charging cycle for your device or to allow you to check the battery's remaining power charge. .
Items in the box:
* The battery itself
* An USB to Micro USB charging cable that is 27 inches long
Anker 5200 mAh second generation battery pack test data:
iPhone 5S unit one 74% - battery fully charged with 4 LEDs
* 30 minutes 96% - battery 4 LEDs
* 50 minutes 100% - battery 4 LEDs
* 26% x 1560 mAh = 405.6 mAh
iPhone 5S unit two 32% - battery 4 LEDs remaining
* 30 minutes 63% - battery 3 LEDs
* 60 minutes 91% - battery 3 LEDs
* 90 minutes 100% - battery 3 LEDs
* 68% x 1560 mAh = 1060.5mAh
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 at 54% - battery 3 LEDs remaining
* 30 minutes 66% battery 2 LEDs
* 60 minutes 77% battery 2 LEDs
* 90 minutes 89% battery 1 LED
* 120 minutes 97% battery dead
* 43% x 4450 mAh = 1913.5 mAh
Summary of all items charged:
* 405.6 mAh + 1060.8 mAh + 1913.5 mAh = 3379.9 mAh / 5200 mAh = 65% efficiency
* This is a good result and gives this battery a 5 star rating especially after charging a larger tablet in the testing.
Device internal battery requirements:
* iPhone 4 battery 1,420 mAh battery capacity
* iPhone 4S battery 1,432 mAh battery capacity
* iPhone 5 battery 1440 mAh battery capacity
* iPhone 5S battery 1560 mAh battery capacity
* iPad 2 battery 6,944 mAh battery capacity
* iPad 3 battery 11,560 mAh battery capacity
* Kindle Fire battery 4400 mAh capacity
* Kindle Keyboard battery 1750 mAh capacity
* iPad 4 battery is 11,486 mAh 3.7 VDC at 42.5 Wh
* iPad Mini battery is 4490 mAh at 3.72 VDC 16.7 Wh
* iPad Air battery is 8820 mAh capacity
* iPad Air 2 battery is 7340 mAh capacity
* Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 - 8 inch Tablet 4,450 mAh
As you can see the Anker 5200 mAh will not fully charge a totally dead iPad 3 or 4 because it contains only 5200 mAh of capacity. That battery is ideal for recharging your smart phone or smaller smart tablet.
You have to consider the losses in the charging circuits of both the battery pack and the device you are charging so this result is outstanding! When using an external battery you have to allow approximately 30 % of the battery capacity will be lost to heat, voltage conversion, powering the batteries electronics and the electronics of your electronics device's charging circuits. In addition you have to consider that your device is not truly off like a cell phone is still connected to the WIFI and phone networks and probably receiving emails, etc. This is one of the most powerful rechargeable battery packs I have tested.
Real world examples of charging capability with this battery pack:
* iPhone 4 approximately 238% of a full charge out of a fully charged Anker 20000 mAh battery pack
* iPhone 5S approximately 217% of a full charge
* iPad 2 approximately 49% of a full charge
* iPad 3 or 4 approximately 29% of a full charge
* iPad Mini approximately 75.3% of a full charge
* Kindle Fire approximately 76.8% of a full charge
* iPad Air approximately 38% of a full charge
* iPad Air 2 approximately 46% pf a full charge
* Samsung Tab 4 eight inch tablet approximately 76% of a full charge
* A normal estimated usable storage is 70% of capacity or .70 * 5200 mAh = 3640 mAh charging capacity available for your electronic devices.
* In my testing I was able to use approximately 3379.9 mAh of capacity or roughly 65% of the 5200 mAh capacity. This is a good result for a battery of this size. This was based upon the first full charge of the battery pack and the results should get better after the battery is charged several more times.
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation. A review was not promised to the supplier in exchange for the sample but I stated that if I provided a review that it would be fair and honest.
I haven't used it yet to recharge a completely dead phone, so I can't say for sure how many full charges it holds, but I've used it to charge a phone that was getting low for an hour or two while still using the phone. Very small size so easily fits in a pocket, and the ports being on the top make for easier pocket use. I've got a larger portable charger (nearly twice the size of this one) that works in a pocket but is a bit awkward given its larger size and the placement of the ports on the long side rather than the top. That one holds a bigger charge and would be my choice if I knew I needed a full days worth of back up power or would need to charge multiple devices, but this one will be my go-to charger when on short trips where I expect one full recharge will be enough to get me through. It's small enough that I tend to throw it in my pocket even if I don't anticipate needing it ahead of time. Better to have it and not need it, and you barely notice it in your pocket.
I've had this one for 9mo now, and it's held up great w/o any problems like I had on my first Anker 5600mAh charger pack in 2012, which died within a month and was replace free of charge, the replacement had started acting a bit flaky after a few months and I put it up to cheap electronics, and I got a Jackery Giant 12000mAh as my primary battery backup, but it's a bit too heavy and big to stick in a pocket while hiking, and I while I could use my old Anker, like I said it was flaky and I decided to see what was out there with decent reviews. Well it looks like Anker has put a lot of effort into working towards quality products unlike a lot of the USB battery/charger makers out there. I count Jackery and Anker as the top companies, building quality products.