- Save 50% on 1 Anker iPhone X Breeze Case For every 1 Qualifying items you purchase offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code BEST9016 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 15% on 1 [2 pack] Anker Powerline Lightning Cable 4 inch For every 1 Qualifying items you purchase offered by AnkerDirect. Enter code CABLE866 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Anker Astro E1 5200mAh Candy bar-Sized Ultra Compact Portable Charger (External Battery Power Bank) with High-Speed Charging PowerIQ Technology (Black)
& FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon.
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 30 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Exclusive PowerIQ Technology: Detects your device to deliver its fastest possible charge speed up to 2 amps (four times faster than a computer USB port). Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge
- High Capacity: Add almost two full charges to an iPhone 7 or 6s or at least one full charge to a 7 Plus, Galaxy S7, Nexus 5 or other smartphone. Or almost a 70% charge to an iPad mini 3.
- Incredibly Compact: The size of a small candy bar (3.8 × 1.7 × 0.9in, 4.2oz) it fits perfectly in your pocket. Recharges in 5 hours with a 1A adapter (not included) and the included Micro USB cable.
- What You Get: Anker Astro E1 Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank, Micro USB Cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our fan-favorite 18-month warranty and friendly customer service. Lightning cable for iPhone / iPad sold separately.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
With classic styling, advanced technology and quality — the Astro series is here to stay.
With its unrivaled palm-friendly size and enough capacity for around 2 full phone charges - Astro E1 is one of the world’s most popular portable chargers.
Slip it into your pocket, completely forget it’s there, then bring it out for a boost when you’re running low.
- 2 Charges for Most Phones.
- High-Speed Universal Charging.
- Unbeatable Portability.
By intelligently identifying any connected device, PowerIQ is able to deliver an optimum, high-speed charge to all devices. Includes Apple and Android phones and tablets as well as cameras, consoles and more.
Astro E1 is equipped to provide two charges for most phones and single charges for larger devices. It uses premium cells and materials to deliver high-efficiency performance.
A combination of 10 safety features that work together to provide ultimate protection for your devices, your chargers and most importantly: you.
5000mAh capacity squeezed into something no larger than a candy bar. Put E1 into any pack or pocket and forget its there, then bring it out for a boost when you’re running low.
|Astro E1||PowerCore Slim 5000||PowerCore Fusion 5000||PowerCore 5000||PowerCore II Slim 10000||PowerCore 10000|
|Charging Technology||PowerIQ||PowerIQ||PowerIQ||PowerIQ||PowerIQ 2.0||PowerIQ|
|# of iPhone 6s Charges||1.9||2.4||2||2||3.7||3.8|
|# of iPad Mini 4 Charges||0.7||0.7||0.6||0.6||1.2||1.3|
|# of Samsung S6 Charges||1.7||1.7||1.5||1.3||2.6||2.2|
|# of USB Charging Ports||1||1||2||1||1||1|
|Output||5V 2A||5V 2A||As Charger: 5V 2.1A (2.1A max per port); As Power Bank: 5V 3A (3A max per port)||5V 2A||5V=2.4A||5V 2.4A|
|Color||Black, White, Blue, Red||Black, Blue, Red||Black||Black, White||Black||Black, White|
|Size||3.8 x 1.7 x 0.9 in||4.9 x 2.5 x 0.4in||1.2 x 3.6 x 2.8in||4.2 x 1.3 x 1.3in||5.4 x 2.6 x 0.6in||3.6 x 2.3 x 0.9in|
Compare with similar items
Astro E1 Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank
Charge your phone on the go.
From ANKER, America's Leading USB Charging Brand
• Faster and safer charging with our advanced technology
• 10 million+ happy users and counting
Exclusive to Anker. Intelligent high-speed charging for all your devices. Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge
Charge your Apple or Android smartphone one to two times while on the move. You can even charge an iPad mini 3 to about 70%!
This thing is remarkably small. About the same size as a small candy bar, you simply will not find a more portable powerpack.
We use only premium battery cells, together with advanced materials and cutting-edge technology, to ensure complete safety.
World Famous Warranty
At Anker, we believe in our products. That's why we back them all with an 18-month warranty and provide friendly, easy-to-reach support.
For Optimal Use:
• Use your original cable or a third-party certified one (such as MFi).
• It is advised not to use in confined, poorly ventilated spaces (e.g. pockets)
• Charging data is calculated in screen-off (standby) mode.
• Compatible with the new 12 inch MacBook, 2015 (USB-C cable needed) Apple and Android smartphones, tablets (including the Nexus 7) and other USB-charged devices except for the iPod nano, iPod Classic, HP TouchPad, Dell Venue 11 Pro, Asus tablets and some GPS and Bluetooth devices.
What's In the Box
Astro E1 Portable Charger
Micro USB cable
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Dec. 9, 2016: The seller noticed my poor review and felt that they wanted to help me out. They sent me another battery FREE, postage prepaid. It works perfectly-- good shelf life, not like the first two. When I told the seller, then they sent me ANOTHER one... free. So now I have two GOOD ones which do hold the shelf life, from a company who really cares about making the product right!
Many people don't realize that device manufacturers play games by wiring their devices and cables differently so that a charger that is designed to charge an Android device will not quickly charge an Apple device. Manufacturers like Apple, Samsung, Android devices and Chinese smart devices have different circuitry in them and if the charger doesn't match their circuitry they can charge at a much slower rate. The IQ port doesn't care what type of device you plug into it because it adapts its charging rate to match what the device wants by sensing what type of device is plugged into it. I was so impressed that I put together a video of the unit and the test results for your review.
The construction of this battery pack is simply beautiful. The exterior shell is glossy black. The battery weighs in at 4.23 ounces. The battery pack has one smart IQ output port that output 5 VDC at variable current to meet the charging requirements of the device you have plugged into it. It is called a Smart Port or an IQ port. It uses a chip to help select the proper current to allow the maximum safe charging current for the fastest device charging. The port can output as much as 2 amps but the battery pack in my testing output up to 2.1 Amps while charging an Apple iPad Air.
This battery pack has enough power to charge an iPhone 5S 217%. To start your devices charging connect them with the proper cable. (You will probably have to use your own charging cable that came with your device) and charging starts after you press the on button on the side of the battery. The charging will stop automatically when your device is fully charged or the battery pack is depleted.
The battery pack has 4 blue LEDs on it and when it is charging they work like this:
* One LED blinking = less than 25%
* One LED on and one blinking = 25 to 50%
* Two LEDs on and one blinking = 50 to 75%
* Three LEDs on and one blinking = 75 to 99%
* Four LEDs on and the battery pack is fully charged
The Lithium battery can be recharged over 500 times during its life cycle. It comes with an 18 month warranty. It is recommended to charge the battery at 1 Amp and 5 VDC. It will take 5 hours to charge the battery at that charging rate. You can use your USB 2.0 port of your computer it takes 10 hours at ½ Amp input. You can even use an AC powered USB wall charger or a USB car charger and using up to 2 amps will not hurt the battery.
The battery pack does have a power on switch to turn on the charging cycle for your device or to allow you to check the battery's remaining power charge. .
Items in the box:
* The battery itself
* An USB to Micro USB charging cable that is 27 inches long
Anker 5200 mAh second generation battery pack test data:
iPhone 5S unit one 74% - battery fully charged with 4 LEDs
* 30 minutes 96% - battery 4 LEDs
* 50 minutes 100% - battery 4 LEDs
* 26% x 1560 mAh = 405.6 mAh
iPhone 5S unit two 32% - battery 4 LEDs remaining
* 30 minutes 63% - battery 3 LEDs
* 60 minutes 91% - battery 3 LEDs
* 90 minutes 100% - battery 3 LEDs
* 68% x 1560 mAh = 1060.5mAh
Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 at 54% - battery 3 LEDs remaining
* 30 minutes 66% battery 2 LEDs
* 60 minutes 77% battery 2 LEDs
* 90 minutes 89% battery 1 LED
* 120 minutes 97% battery dead
* 43% x 4450 mAh = 1913.5 mAh
Summary of all items charged:
* 405.6 mAh + 1060.8 mAh + 1913.5 mAh = 3379.9 mAh / 5200 mAh = 65% efficiency
* This is a good result and gives this battery a 5 star rating especially after charging a larger tablet in the testing.
Device internal battery requirements:
* iPhone 4 battery 1,420 mAh battery capacity
* iPhone 4S battery 1,432 mAh battery capacity
* iPhone 5 battery 1440 mAh battery capacity
* iPhone 5S battery 1560 mAh battery capacity
* iPad 2 battery 6,944 mAh battery capacity
* iPad 3 battery 11,560 mAh battery capacity
* Kindle Fire battery 4400 mAh capacity
* Kindle Keyboard battery 1750 mAh capacity
* iPad 4 battery is 11,486 mAh 3.7 VDC at 42.5 Wh
* iPad Mini battery is 4490 mAh at 3.72 VDC 16.7 Wh
* iPad Air battery is 8820 mAh capacity
* iPad Air 2 battery is 7340 mAh capacity
* Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 - 8 inch Tablet 4,450 mAh
As you can see the Anker 5200 mAh will not fully charge a totally dead iPad 3 or 4 because it contains only 5200 mAh of capacity. That battery is ideal for recharging your smart phone or smaller smart tablet.
You have to consider the losses in the charging circuits of both the battery pack and the device you are charging so this result is outstanding! When using an external battery you have to allow approximately 30 % of the battery capacity will be lost to heat, voltage conversion, powering the batteries electronics and the electronics of your electronics device's charging circuits. In addition you have to consider that your device is not truly off like a cell phone is still connected to the WIFI and phone networks and probably receiving emails, etc. This is one of the most powerful rechargeable battery packs I have tested.
Real world examples of charging capability with this battery pack:
* iPhone 4 approximately 238% of a full charge out of a fully charged Anker 20000 mAh battery pack
* iPhone 5S approximately 217% of a full charge
* iPad 2 approximately 49% of a full charge
* iPad 3 or 4 approximately 29% of a full charge
* iPad Mini approximately 75.3% of a full charge
* Kindle Fire approximately 76.8% of a full charge
* iPad Air approximately 38% of a full charge
* iPad Air 2 approximately 46% pf a full charge
* Samsung Tab 4 eight inch tablet approximately 76% of a full charge
* A normal estimated usable storage is 70% of capacity or .70 * 5200 mAh = 3640 mAh charging capacity available for your electronic devices.
* In my testing I was able to use approximately 3379.9 mAh of capacity or roughly 65% of the 5200 mAh capacity. This is a good result for a battery of this size. This was based upon the first full charge of the battery pack and the results should get better after the battery is charged several more times.
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation. A review was not promised to the supplier in exchange for the sample but I stated that if I provided a review that it would be fair and honest.
I bought this battery on November 11, 2015 (so Amazon tells me at the top of the page). It stopped charging other devices after about 13 months...so a week ago or so. The battery has an 18 month warranty so I wrote to Anker on the night of December 7 and explained the situation. I had a reply in less than 12 hours and in under 24 hours since my initial e-mail I had a tracking number for a replacement battery. The battery was delivered yesterday (December 10) which to me is stunningly great service...I had the replacement battery less than 72 hours after first writing to Anker.
I've been an Anker fan for years...I buy all our chargers, cables, and batteries from them because their products are excellent. This is the first time I've needed to contact support and I'm happy to see their support is as good as their products!
On one occasion, before I had this unit, my wife and I were waiting for an Uber Driver around 10p and the phone went dead, so we lost the ride. We had to rely on a regular taxi, at over twice the price. If I had this charger on that occasion, the savings would have paid for the unit.
I'm on an iPhone 7 now, and have had wonderful results with the battery life, however, if I know I'm going to out and about in an extended period of time, you'd better believe I'll have it with me. You Never Know!