Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Anker Bluetooth Ultra-Slim Keyboard for iPad Air 2 / Air, iPad Pro, iPad mini 4 / 3 / 2 / 1, iPad 4 / 3 / 2, Galaxy Tabs and Other Mobile Devices (White)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on March 28, 2012
I adore my iPad and take it with me just about everywhere. I also have a huge laptop that weighs about 10 pounds that I haul around occasionally when I need to work or take notes at meetings. I kept wishing there was a way I could easily take notes on my iPad, but the on-screen keyboard is just too much of a pain to use for a 2 hour meeting.

I found this keyboard and have been using it for a couple of months now. It works fantastically! I cannot believe it was so reasonably priced for how well it works.

Pros:
* Syncs seamlessly with my iPad - the Bluetooth connection worked immediately.
* Keyboard is small and lightweight - fits perfectly in my backpack.
* Great key action - it's easy to type. The keys don't feel weird or rubbery. Using this keyboard is very similar to using a regular computer keyboard.

Con:
* I wish it had a case, but that would not prevent me from buying it again or recommending it.

Overall, this is a slick little keyboard. I'm very happy with how it performs, and I'd much rather haul it around than my laptop!
1818 comments| 621 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
A Generic But Quality Wireless (Bluetooth) Keyboard. "K1280" A Critical Review.

This wireless, keyboard "K1280" is a good quality wireless (Bluetooth) keyboard that works well with Windows and The Mac and with the Android OS, but you'll have to make some adjustments.

*** Inspection ***

The K1280 looks identical to the Apple wireless keyboard. In fact, from a design standpoint, it is an exact clone, right down to the spacing of the keys. And, when I say identical, I mean walking around my work area for a couple of weeks and thinking that I'm picking up my Apple keyboard only to discover that I'm picking up this device. (see video) The device, however, is different in a few cosmetic ways.

First, the device is almost entirely plastic but beautifully painted in an aluminum-silver color, where as the Apple is made from a brushed aluminum.

The K1280 runs on 2 AAA batteries and the backside has about a 1.5" incline. This is actually more comfortable for me to type on for longer periods than the Apple, which has a slightly lower incline.

The keys are responsive, albeit a slight bit jiggly but nothing near feeling cheap.

*** Function ***

Windows/Mac

After a couple of minutes to setting up and syncing to the computer, all of the functions of the keys work precisely as it should.

And, you do notice that the keyboard is very lightweight. I find this idea for packing and using it with my laptop, tablet and smartphone.

Android*

I have a Sprint Evo 3D running Android 2.3/ Bluetooth 3.0.

I was particularly interested in how it work with Android because there are times when the touch feature on the smartphone or tablet just isn't practical when there's an alternative. And, I'm specifically referring to using an office suite.

The 1st keyboard I ordered, I thought may have been defective because although most of the keyboard features worked, the "Cap lock" and the "Direction Keys" didn't. A replacement came a few days later and the issues were identical.

After some investigations, I discovered an issue NOT with the keyboard itself but with The Android OS.

The features DO work but because Google has Android as an open-source OS, there isn't a universal (i.e. "standard") coding that is given to all hardware and 3rd party developers. So, some products will work well with "this" device or "that" program and not others.

This seems to be where the issue is resolved with the Cap Lock and Direction Keys issue.

To get around this, if you have a similar device or issue-- The Cap lock function is found by toggling the SHIFT key and the Direction Keys are essentially the opposite given so the left/right are the up/down and vice-versa.

*** Conclusion ***

Considering the cost versus value and throw in versatility and convenience, this is really a spectacular buy. I have two (2) wireless Apple remotes and a Verbatim wireless keyboard and mouse and this keyboard has almost the best of both.

So, wireless Bluetooth keyboard "K1280" 4.5 stars.
2020 comments| 607 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2013
Great bluetooth keyboard. As others have mentioned, it is the same size as the Apple keyboard. It is not made of the same quality materials on the exterior, but also does not feel cheap. I highly recommend that you buy a case for the keyboard to protect it. Any case made for the Apple keyboard would work perfectly.
review image review image
22 comments| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2013
Awesome keyboard for the price. I've been using it with my iPad mini to write in my Day One journal thingy as well as taking notes. I've also paired it to my iPhone just for fun, but haven't really used it with it for long (felt kind of silly). A friend of mine also tried it out with his Nexus 7 just to see if he would like to buy one. Worked just as well on that.

The entire thing is made of plastic, even the "metal" part. It's super thin up until the back part which houses the batteries which makes it "front heavy" but isn't an issue when typing (in fact it helps with the stability of the keyboard while typing so it isn't moving around.)

Compared to your regular keyboard, the keystrokes are a tad more shallow, but not by much. This isn't a bad thing though, as the chiclet keys are spaced apart and the action is nice. The size is similar to a thinner desktop keyboard. I didn't run into to much trouble using it coming from a big, mechanical keyboard (Razer Blackwidow ultimate).

Pairing and syncing is easy. Turn it on, make sure the bluetooth is on your device, hit the "Connect" button underneath the keyboard, once you see it pop up on your device tap it, a prompt will come up asking you to type a number code on the keyboard and hit enter- you do and BAM! paired.

With my iPad Mini I have only had to pair it once. Now all I need to do is make sure the bluetooth is on my iPad and turn on the kyeboard and it's automatically paired. Good stuff.

This isn't so much as a negative about the product, since it is fairly common, but just a heads up. This keyboard is manufactured by some company who then sells the units to resellers (other companies) who then sell it to you, the consumer.

You will find 3 other Bluetooth Keyboards on Amazon being sold under a different brand (Sharkk, GT Maxx, and the other one that is Six-something). All of these keyboards are IDENTICALLY THE SAME. Same parts. Same body. Same build. The only difference is, depending on the one you buy- you will deal with that brands "customer service" should you run into any problems. I would also like to caution you that the Sharkk brand does NOT have a website or anything for consumers. It's a little shady and if you need help and Amazon wont help you, then they certainly will not.

I ran into this after ordering a Sharkk brand one first and it being Dead on Arrival. Luckily I was able to send it back for a refund and get this one from Amazon since I couldn't get help from the company. Also keep in mind that these keyboards when sold to the reseller, may be sold at a cheaper price per unit if the reseller elects to have a more laid back Quality assurance standard.

So Reseller 1 gets theirs cheaper than reseller 2 since reseller 2 wants the manufacturer to make sure that the failure rate is only X%. So pick "brands" carefully.

I went with Anker because they have a website and they have support and by far more reviews than the other ones.
22 comments| 263 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2013
This keyboard (which I'm using to write this review on my iPad) works just fine, and I would otherwise be quite satisfied with it, except for one major flaw. It disconnects from your device within about 30 seconds if you're not actively typing. So if you pause while writing for any appreciable length of time, and then start typing again, you have to wait for it to reconnect. I only received the keyboard yesterday, and this "feature" is maddening, and makes it virtually useless for any serious writing. This baby is getting returned, since I cannot find any way to turn this "feature" (flaw) off.
77 comments| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2013
Since I bought it few months ago, I just use it maybe couple times.
At first I connected it to my Samsung S3 without any problem. I can type with the default keyboard setting. I can't type it with Thai language. It's very disappoint. I emailed to ask Anker. They don't know anything about this. I understand it's not their fault.

However, after I use it to connect to my Ipad. The battery just run out of within two days. I changed batteries and tried again. It happened again.

Now I just leave it in my storage box waiting for be throwing away. I'm looking for a new one in another brand.
------------------------------------------------------------

Just one day after I post the above commend. The customer service emailed me, asked me about the problem that I have.
They offer the new one for me or I can have refund. I chose the new one.
So they send me a new keyboard without any condition.
I just receive the new keyboard today. I'm very appreciate with their service mind and their policy about this.
I wish others company would have the same policy with Anker. Thank you so much Anker.

------------------
Now I'm typing with the new keyboard. It works perfectly. The problem that I had with the old one is gone. I think it's because the defect of that one. I really like this keyboard.
review image
on December 10, 2012
This product is amazing. It is very sturdy and pairs with my blue tooth devices with rapid speed. The keyboard is also VERY comfortable to use, considering its compact size. My son has large hands, yet he found it easy to navigate the keys very well. The size and the positioning of the keys on this keyboard,when compared to a standard laptop keyboard will amaze you.

The blue tooth capabilities allow us to pair the keyboard to ALL of our cell phones and tablets. Currently, I am using it for my iPad Mini, as well as my Blackberry Torch and my Samsung Flip. It is a very WONDERFUL product and considering the price difference between this keyboard and the Apple keyboard; I LOVE IT!!
on March 13, 2015
I bought this keyboard to use with my iPad Air 2! I'm a college student and I prefer carrying around my iPad instead of my huge laptop. I was looking for a bluetooth keyboard thats not too bulky so I can also carry it around in my backpack while I'm on campus. I browsed on Amazon and came across a few Anker products. I narrowed my results to two products which was this keyboard and another Anker keyboard which was priced at 25.99. I was assuming the difference between the two is that the 25.99 keyboard is rechargeable and this 16.99 requires batteries. Also the 25.99 keyboard looks a little bulky compared to the cheaper one. So I decided to take the risk of getting the 16.99 Anker Bluetooth Keyboard which is why I'm here writing this review.

I ordered on Monday March 2, 2015 and received on Friday March 6, 2015. Once it was delivered, I immediately unpackaged it and tried it out. I had no problems connecting the bluetooth keyboard to my iPad. It only took a few seconds to connect and once it did there was nothing to complain about! The keyboard responds quickly when typing and all the shortcuts work perfectly.

It's a bummer that this particular keyboard relies on batteries but for 16.99 its totally worth it! If you are looking into getting a simple bluetooth keyboard without losing an arm and a leg, BUY this Anker product!

One thing I'd like to see is some different colors like pink, green, gold, etc..
Other than that, I am a very happy customer.
Thank you, Anker!
review image
on November 14, 2012
I really enjoy using this keyboard. It's extremely close to an exact replica of the macbook keyboard. Only the arrow keys are slightly off when I put my computer's keyboard cover on it. The one issue I have with it is that I can't use the dashboard and mission control keys. Also, there is no escape key that works with this keyboard. It is instead a home key for iPad. Other than the occasional want of an escape key, I absolutely love using this keyboard. It works absolutely amazing with my iPad. It's design is to work well with the iPad.
review image review image review image
on June 20, 2012
This IS the keyboard that Apple should have come out with for the iPad!

I purchased the following keyboards to compare and decide on what I liked the best:

1. Spyder (from Tiger direct) with my original iPad - this is a mini style and the keys are small - this was $39 and it was advertized as being able to work wtih my Android devices and Apple devices = it does both ok (but it isn't the best typing experience and small size takes getting used to). Its very portable and the battery (rechargable) lasts very long.

2. Khomo keyboard case - this is also a mini style keyboard that is magnetically held into an iPad case and the keys are small but the quality of the case and the keyboard functionality for the $32 paid/shipped was worth keeping that case as similar offerings cost a lot more!

3. I had an Apple BT keyboard from my 2011 iMac but prefered to use the wired keyboard I already had due to the 2 extra USB ports on it for iMac use - while I like the feel of the Apple keyboard keys (they are more tactile feeling) there is no iPad functionality on the Apple Keyboard since its for their computers vise iPad's.

4. I had a MS mobile 6000 keyboard that is probably the best feeling to type due to the nice curve of the keyboard, however, there is even "less" apple functionality in the MS unit (it can't even control the music funtions of the iPad like the Apple keyboard can so while its the best typing experience, its the least functional overall.

5. Logitech tablet keyboard for iPad w/ case/stand combo - this keyboard feels great, just like an Apple BT keyboard and it has 95% of the Apple iPad funtions that this OrientEX keyboard has and I got it via Amazon for ~$47 so the price was good but it is heavy for a portable keyboard compared to this OrientEX unit. I really like the keyboard case the Logitech unit comes with and it flips out into a stand which comes in handy with some of my iPad cases that only open in "landscape" orientation.

6. Lastly, this OrientEX unit = I paid $19 shipped since I ordered it with some Avery labels that allowed me the free Amazon shipping! This unit has all the funtion keys for the iPad including screen brightness (that the Logitech keybaord above lacks) and the +/- is that its also light compared to the Logitech keyboard. I wish it had a slightly more sturdy feel and a case for the keyboard like the Logitech does but then it wouldn't have been so inexpensive!

If you're looking for good functionality and good size, I'd go with either item number 5 or number 6 on my review and weigh the pros and cons of both units...for the price I paid for each (pretty cheap) I decided to keep them both and use the OrientEX unit at home with the Logitech as my travel keyboard (due to the case for protection).

I also decided on these two units as they use regular batteries vise rechargable built in batteries as I can hit any 7/11 if I need batteries on the road (other options like the Logitech Flex require being able to charge the built in batteries as necessary).

Hope this helps you make your choice!
1818 comments| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse