Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Anki Overdrive Starter Kit” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 45% off the $149.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Anki Overdrive Starter Kit
|Price:||$149.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Use your mobile device to take command of real robotic Supercars in Anki OVERDRIVE.
- Build up to eight battlefields in seconds with the Starter Kit.
- Battle and race against friends or AI controlled vehicles.
- An Anki OVERDRIVE Starter Kit and a compatible mobile device are required to play.
- Expand the battle with expansion tracks, Supercars and the all-new Supertrucks.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
Play Ahead Of The Curve
What makes Anki OVERDRIVE the world's most intelligent battle racing system? Tech so advanced, it feels like the future.
Each Supercar is a self-aware robot, driven by powerful artificial intelligence (A.I.) and equipped with deadly strategy. Whatever track you build, they'll learn it. Wherever you drive, they'll hunt you down. The better you play, the better they become. Whether you battle A.I. opponents or friends, your tactical options are unlimited. And with continuous software updates, the gameplay always stays fresh. Customize weapons. Swap out cars. Build new tracks. It’s easy to pick up, and nearly impossible to put down.
The future of play has arrived.
Each Supercar is loaded with cutting-edge features, including an optical sensor, a dedicated 50MHz CPU, and two high performance motors, for precision maneuvering with 1 millimeter accuracy.
Magic Made By Science
These aren't just cars. They're robots programmed for battle. Control them with your smart device and take down opponents with an array of weapons, from plasma cannons to flame throwers. It’s pulse-pounding play, made possible through state-of-the-art tech and it's an experience unlike anything else.
Duel friends or artificially intelligent opponents. 25+ different A.I. personalities know your every move and make split-second tactical decisions based on their environment and objectives. The more you play, the more upgrades and items you gain, and the better you fight back. It's your best laid plans. ..versus theirs.
As you play, you face progressively harder A.I. opponents. Each has a different playstyle that learns and adapts to your tactics to better hunt you down.
Every race is different, with hundreds of ways to customize and play. Modify Supercars with weapons and build-outs, or compete in a variety of modes, including all time favorites: Battle, Race, Time Trial, and King of the Hill.
Open the box and build your battle track. The Anki OVERDRIVE app automatically handles everything else, from getting you connected, to teaching you gameplay, so you can start playing immediately. It's effortless by design.
Anki OVERDRIVE requires a Starter Kit and a compatible mobile device. Set up is easy, simply open the Starter Kit and build your battle track. The Anki Overdrive app automatically handles everything else, from getting you connected, to teaching you gameplay, so you can start playing immediately. It's effortless by design.
Your smart device and the Supercars connect automatically. The magnetic track snaps together quickly. And because it's wireless and durable, you can build your battle track anywhere. Open the box and build one of eight battle tracks in seconds.
Starter Kit Includes:
- 2 Robotic Supercars
- 6 curved track pieces
- 4 straight track pieces
- 2 riser pieces
- 1 four-car charging system
- 1 tire cleaner
The gameplay stays fresh long after you bring it home. Software updates bring new features and functionality. Expand and customize the game with additional Supercars, track extensions, and the all new Supertrucks. There’s always a reason to come back for more.
Automatic software updates bring extra ways to play, with new weapons, gameplay modes, and enhancements. Just when you think you have it all figured out, there's more to explore.
Drive your dream battle track by adding new curves, intersections, and jumps. Get more Supercars for extra strategy and action, or get monstrous Supertrucks for a whole new challenge.
What makes Anki OVERDRIVE the world's most intelligent battle racing system? Tech so advanced, it feels like the future. Each Supercar is a self-aware robot, driven by powerful artificial intelligence (A.I.) and equipped with deadly strategy. Whatever track you build, they'll learn it. Wherever you drive, they'll hunt you down. The better you play, the better they become. Whether you battle A.I. opponents or friends, your tactical options are unlimited. And with continuous software updates, the gameplay always stays fresh. Customize weapons. Swap out cars. Build new tracks. It’s easy to pick up, and nearly impossible to put down. The future of play has arrived.
Compare to similar items
This item Anki Overdrive Starter Kit
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||STL PRO, Inc.||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||5.3 x 23.9 x 12 in||4.25 x 24 x 15 in||2.09 x 3.27 x 5.47 in||0.8 x 22.72 x 24.96 in||2.09 x 3.27 x 5.47 in||0.78 x 5.03 x 13.3 in|
Top Customer Reviews
- Modular racing tracks (4 straight and 6 curved, each piece connects magnetically)
- 2 Cars (GroundShock and Skull)
- Charging station (charges 4 cars at the same time)
- 2 Stands (to create overpasses in tracks)
- Tire cleaner
You will also need to download the Anki Overdrive app from the app store (it's available for free on both Apple app store and Google Play) on each device that you wish to control the cars with (Anki Drive app will not work with this set). The box that the game comes in is great - do not throw it away because it has a neat storage space for the tracks.
The two cars included with the set (GroundShock and Skull) are not available separately in case you loose them or they go defective, so you probably want to take good care of them.
- Connect the tracks (tracks can connect in several ways, the packaging box outlines 8 different ways to lay out the tracks)
- Charge the cars by inserting them in the base charging station
- Download the app to your tablet or phone
That's really it, it takes less than 5 minutes to get the racing set up and running. No fuss about creating an account. Simply choose a screen name and you're good to go on the app.
The concept of this game is really neat. It's physical cars racing on an actual race mat, but they are controlled by an app. Their speed, weapons, attacks, stunts, can all be controlled with the app. I found this concept very cool when I first saw it - the perfect marriage of hardware and software!
Every time you start the game, the app will automatically scan the cars and bring them to the starting line. You have the option to play against the computer/AI robot, or with your friends (each friend will need their own phone/tablet to control their individual car). You can either be the host of the race, or you can join a game hosted by one of your friends. The app connects to the cars via bluetooth, but you don't need to pair them. Simply ensure that the bluetooth feature is turned on on your device, and the app takes care of the rest.
The modular tracks connect to each other with magnetic ends and stay firmly in place. Not once have we had a track come loose, the locking mechanism is solid. The tracks can be connected in various shapes (the box has a few suggestions illustrated on it).
There are various modes that you can choose from like time trial, race against an opponent, king of the hill, etc. Each mode is nicely laid out and easy to navigate on the app. If you're unsure whether you are ahead of or losing to your opponent by more than a lap, the app shows you your current position in the race. As you progress through races and collect awards, the app allows you to equip your car with weapons. These weapons are great when battling other players - they let you shoot at the other cars (not physically, but in the app), and also jam the other cars for a few seconds. When you attack another car, the opponent's car lights will flash red and the car will slow down. Sometimes you will need to be behind the opponent's car to attack it. It's really a lot of fun learning all the modes and how best to use your weapons!
TIPS FOR USE:
- The kit includes a tire cleaner which we have found to be a great accessory to have. The first few times we used the set, we had the race track laid out on a carpet (as you can see in the video). The problem with this was that if the car ever went off the track, it would pick up fibers from the carpet and not run correctly. Initially we thought it was running low on battery, but eventually realized that it was because of carpet fibers trapped in the wheels. We finally used the tire cleaner (the cleaner is like a stamp pad the you need to roll the tires over, as shown in the video). That immediately fixed the issue!
I recommend laying the track on hardwood floors or any firm surface (anything but carpet). This just helps keep the tires clean and ensures that the cars run smoothly.
- I'm not sure if the tracks have sensors, but I am assuming they have some electronic components in them which allows the app to track each vehicle on the tracks, and also lets it automatically send the cars to the start line at the beginning of each race. For this reason, I recommend keeping the track in an area that generally stays clean and doesn't run the risk of someone stepping on it. For this very same reason, I also recommend storing the track away when you're done playing with it, so there is no chance of it getting damaged out in the open. Sticky fingers on the tracks could possibly hinder smooth operation of the cars as well.
COMPARISON WITH ANKI DRIVE:
- Anki Drive costs $100, Overdrive costs $150
- With Anki Drive, you can only battle players that are on the same type of device. For example, an iOS device can only battle or race with another iOS device. With Overdrive, an iOS device can race with an Android device as long as both devices are on the same wireless network.
- The Anki Drive has a standard mat that cannot be altered or customized. This could make it boring after some time. Although you can get different type pf mats, each mat offering its own variation to the game - one is better for speed, one is meant to be with more resistance but great for battles, etc. With Anki Overdrive, the introduction of magnetic modular tracks makes it easy to configure the track layout to your liking, and add uphills and downhills. You can also purchase the Launch Kit separately which allows the cars to jump off one mat and land on another mat. I personally haven't tried this yet, but some of the videos I looked at seemed very nice even though reviews of the launch kit were mixed. Maybe this is something I would add on at a later point.
I personally think this is a fantastic game that families can enjoy together (I love racking on these tracks with my son). If you're undecided between the Anki Drive and Overdrive, I think if you're price sensitive, the Anki Drive is just as much fun. However, if you're willing to spend another $50, the Overdrive is definitely a better option since it allows you to change track layouts, keeping the game interested for a lot longer.
Hope this information helps in your buying decision. Please feel free to post any questions you may have. I will try to answer them as soon as I can.