- File Size: 1698 KB
- Print Length: 47 pages
- Publisher: HarperCollins (December 26, 2012)
- Publication Date: December 26, 2012
- Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0089LOHAG
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#220,711 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #217 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Emotions & Feelings
- #246 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
- #434 in Books > Teens > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Emotions & Feelings
Price set by seller.
Annabel (Delirium Series Book 2) Kindle Edition
|Length: 47 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Reading from Annabel's point-of-view was very much like reading from Lena's...at least Lena's voice from the beginning of Pandemonium. It is disheartening and depressing, with just the slightest hint of hopefulness. As she alternates between the past and present -- the past being the time before she was paired and the present being the days leading up to her escape from the Crypt -- it is easy to see where Lena's strength and determination come from.
In addition to viewing Annabel's misery through her own eyes, we also get a glimpse of the lengths she was willing to go to for freedom...and the lengths others were willing to go to in order to aide in her escape. I, myself, never made the connection as to who her accomplice was, but I shouldn't have been all that surprised.
Like I said, nothing new here, really, but you do get a peek at the first two chapters of Requiem, and if you're already having a difficult time making it until March for the final installment of this series, that in itself my whet your appetite for a bit. Or it could make the wait pure torture. Who am I to say? *insert wicked laugh*
Annabel is the perfect quick read for all Delirium fans and those who are wanting to re-ignite their Delirium passions.
I feel like the blurb and marketing for this one lead me to believe that there was going to be a lot of information on Annabel's background, as well as how she managed to escape. We do get some of that information, but it's not nearly the in depth stuff I was looking forward to.
Based on events that occur in Pandemonium, I get the feeling that Annabel is going to play a larger part in Requiem when it comes out later this year. With that in mind, I wanted to see more about what made Annabel tick, particularly why her cures never worked and what happened in her younger days to make her into the woman who eventually got taken to the Crypts. We hardly got any of that, just a bit of a teaser that made me yearn for more.
I also didn't realize just how short this one actually was. I was reading on my Kindle, and I was sitting at 50% (according to the Kindle) and then pretty soon, the novella was over. And that's because the last forty or so percent was made up with an excerpt from Requiem. Getting a sneak peak at that one is pretty exciting, but to an extent, I was quite sad to have my story end very abruptly and would have rather seen more of Annabel's tale instead.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So far, I’ve loved these little short stories that give us more info about the characters in the Delirium...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Emotions & Feelings
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Contemporary
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Romance > Science Fiction & Dystopian
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Emotions & Feelings
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Social Issues