Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Anna's Book
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM

82%
18%
Format: Hardcover|Change

on July 22, 1997
Anna's images are rapturously poetic, as when she describes Mummy's kiss: smooth as a duck's tummy, cool as the grass, and soft as a spider's web. Her sweet purity washes away adult sophistication and brings memories of our own child within. She explains how crying is good because it is like washing the windows so you can see better. She tells how an angel took her up a rainbow to a place where she learned an important lesson and had a good laugh, then he let her slide down the rainbow back into her room.
on July 23, 1997
A precious follow-up to "Mister God, This is Anna", also by Fynn. Actual notes by Anna, edited by Fynn, reflecting her child's view and feelings about "Mummy", love, tears, giving, God, and herself. The deep insights and keen perceptions of this unusual girl from age 4 to 7, reveal a rare gift of wisdom, and the wonder and pure joy of living which few children are able to express. Anna's images are rapturously poetic, as when she describes Mummy's kiss: smooth as a duck's tummy, cool as the grass, and soft as a spider's web. Her
sweet purity washes away adult sophistication and brings memories of our own child within. She explains how crying is good because it is like washing the windows so you can see better. She tells how an angel took her up a rainbow to a place where she learned an important lesson and had a good laugh, then he let her slide down the rainbow back into her room. "Anna's Book" affirms the good, simple truths of life. You'll want your own and one or more to give away -- I did. And if you haven't read "Mister God, This is Anna", you'll want to.
on December 26, 2003
It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me read it atleast 4 times, enjoying it more each time, it made me try find it again about 15 years later, it made me name my precious daughter "Anna"
on June 29, 2009
Anna's Book is not as introspective or captivating as "Mr. God, This is Anna" but the gems of this little girl still fall.

"If you want to know the difference from a person and an angel I will tell you. An angel is easy to get inside of, and a person is not. Every bit of an angel is inside and every bit of a person is not and most of a person is on the outside."

"one day I ask Fin for som sweet and Fin say no and I was sad and I cry some ters to wash my eye window because my eye window was all dirty, dirty with greedy for sweets. And Fin did not say nothing and Fin piket me up and put me to a luking glass to see my face refelcshun and it was all funy like rain on a hows window. And I culd not see proper and then I stop the cry an see Fin face reflecshun and it was all smiling. And so I smile too and then I see my eyes sparklin becas I can see good. And then I see that Fin say no because he got no mony, becas he give it all to Missis Barkr to buy some peanuts to sell to get som money to buy som food and I did not see good, because I have got a dirty eye window and it was all spalsht with greedy dirty." "The eye window is to look out and see from and the heart window is to see inside to see you. Fin say wen you cry it is for to wash the window so you can see better"

"Well, Mister God luvs people very much, so he says "I know what, people cant see me because I am too big, so I will send my little baby boy who is the rite size". "So he send his little baby boy who is called Jether (Jesus) to a lady called Mary to luk arfter and Mister God say "That is all rite now, Jether is just the rite size". "And you would think that was the end, would not you? Arfter all the trubble Mister God tuk, woodn't you? But it wasn't, Oh no!"

Anna is such a profound insightful little girl who calls the world exactly as it is and finds beauty is so many ordinary things.

Read Anna's Book and Mr God This is Anna to your children and be prepared for a lot of insightful thoughts your children find in both these books as well as you.
on October 19, 2003
I enjoyed the book, but not as much as the other two. True to caracter, Anna confuses me a bit in some of her way off thoughts.
It is great to know what was in her boxes though...
on May 31, 2015
The first book I read in this series was "Mister God, This is Anna." I read it many years ago for book report due in my H.S. Advanced English class. I must say that the little paperback hit me with such power that I still have the book and still talk about "Mister God, This is Anna." "Anna's Book" was an absolute pleasure to read, as it allowed me into her world in a very different way than the first book did. It showed the reader's, rather than us being told a story by "Fynn" alone, the inner secrets and simplicity; yet complexity of Anna's mind. She was so little, yet so honest, faithful, patient beyond most adults, and would never give in to the pressure of society or even a person.
on December 17, 2014
Non-fiction. Written by Fynn, about the life of an exceptionally amazing homeless child he took in and cared for after the war. The book is a compilation of the little girl's notes based on her innermost thoughts. Very spiritually uplifting. I highly recommend.
on February 18, 2014
Loved the first one, this explains Anna a bit more.
Wish I had found it years ago.
Reading it out loud to my boyfriend, lol.
on March 15, 2012
I read this book a long time ago and lost my copy of it. It was a delight to find it on Amazon. Great, fast service
on December 21, 2014
Fantastic book. Best to read in conjunction with Mister God, this is Anna.