Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on September 13, 2016
Contains spoilers.
The first time I saw this movie, I loved it. I thought it had some really funny moments, and I liked learning more about Anne. The movie tells you about Anne's life before she went into hiding, while she was in hiding, and then everything after. The movie was amazing up until they got to Auschwitz. It was still pretty good when they were at the transit camp before they got to Auschwitz. After that, everything hits the fan. It is sooo hard to watch the film after that. It's heartbreaking and horrible. You just feel so bad for Anne and her family. It's so hard to watch Anne being forcefully pulled away from her father, shrieking his name, and listening to Mrs. Van Pels scream peter's name. One thing I've never understood is how Otto Frank went on after everything. Eva Schloss, his stepdaughter claims he was never broken or bitter, and I have no idea how he wasn't. The poor man lost his family. He had nothing. It's a beautiful movie, but it's heartbreaking once you get to the concentration camps. I think the actress who played Anne is beautiful and looks a lot like her, but this is a hard movie to watch. I read the book this movie is based on, but for once, the film is so much better.
on August 14, 2016
I teach middle school and read about Anne Frank with students each year. This video is very powerful, and showing has been a great companion experience for students after exploring the dramatized version of the original text.
on October 22, 2014
Received promptly and packaged beautifuly in VHS form. Started watchning and the quality and colors are breath taking but one can always accept this from the BBC. Thank you for an updated version and so complete. Plus the acting is flawless and this story should be revered thru the ages and not forgotten.
on June 6, 2013
I felt that this film did a great job of showing Anne's life and complimented the play "The Diary of Anne Frank." However, teachers need to be aware that there is nudity in the film that I felt was not appropriate for my middle school class. This is brief and I solved the problem by covering the screen and describing to the class what was happening. This takes place in part 3 when Anne, her mother and sister are brought to the concentration camp. This edition is broken into three parts: before going into hiding, the secret annex and after they are captured. Each does a good job of showing what life was like.
on July 4, 2013
A very well performed story based on the life of Anne Frank and her family. There are three parts in the film: Life before loving in the Annex; Living in the Annex; and Anne and her family moving to and from concentration camps. Its a heartbreaking story of course, but there are so many beautiful moments in the film as well.
on March 27, 2014
I used this in my classroom after an Anne Frank Unit. This is the best Anne Frank film that I've seen; it's the only one that follows the family into the concentration camp. I love the details put into it! It does have a brief nudity scene, which I had to skip over, but other than that, it really shows the life Anne had and the horrors of concentration camp life.
on February 22, 2015
I use this video to go along with my Holocaust unit for 8th grade ELA. I really like that it follows the story of Anne Frank but adds Anne'e experience in the camp. My students love it.
on March 23, 2015
My students were mesmerized by Anne's story. We had read the play, but this made Anne more tangible for them.
on January 7, 2013
First of all this version of Anne Frank is by far the best casted and portrayed. The characters are easy to relate to and the storyline flows easily. My students are in middle school and they were enthralled by the movie. The interactive activities were relevant for my ELA class and provided some great discussion. Overall I strongly recommend this video with interactive DVD to any classroom teacher or parent.
on October 8, 2016