- Hardcover: 112 pages
- Publisher: Race Point Publishing; Expanded, Revised edition (September 19, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 163106374X
- ISBN-13: 978-1631063749
- Product Dimensions: 8 x 0.8 x 8.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 41 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #14,328 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.79 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
The Anne of Green Gables Cookbook: Charming Recipes from Anne and Her Friends in Avonlea Hardcover – September 19, 2017
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2018
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
Diana Barry’s Favorite Raspberry Cordial
Prep time: 40 minutes Total time: 2 hours (includes cooling) Yield: 4 to 6 servings
'Diana poured herself out a tumblerful, looked at its bright-red hue admiringly, and then sipped it daintily.' —Chapter XVI.
This recipe for raspberry cordial will never be confused with Marilla’s 'three-year-oldhomemade currant wine for which she is celebrated in Avonlea.'
- Put the unthawed raspberries into a large saucepan and add the sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes, until all the sugar has dissolved.
- With a potato masher, mash the raspberries and syrup thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer, making sure you extract all of the juice. Discard the pulp.
- Squeeze 2 of the lemons and strain the juice. Add the juice to the raspberry liquid.
- Bring the water to a boil, then add the boiling water to the raspberry liquid.
- Let the raspberry cordial cool, then chill it in the refrigerator.
- When the cordial is ready to serve, cut the remaining lemon into thin slices and float a slice in each glass.
- 2 packages (10 ounces, or 284 g, each) frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1¼ cups (250 g) sugar
- 3 lemons, divided
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
About the Author
With a college degree in food and nutrition, Kate Macdonald has a very special interest in The Anne of Green Gables cookbook: she is one of L.M. Montgomery's grandchildren. Kate is the daughter of Ruth Macdonald and Dr. Stuart Macdonald, who was L.M. Montgomery's youngest son. She lives and works in Toronto, Canada.
L.M. Montgomery (1874-1942) was a Canadian writer, born on Prince Edward Island. In 1908, she published Anne of Green Gables, her most successful work and the start of a series of novels. Montgomery went on to publish 20 novels, 530 short stories, 500 poems, and 30 essays. Many of her stories are set on Prince Edward Island. In 1935, Montgomery was made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire for her contributions to literature.
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle edition for only $2.99 (Save 70%). Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)