- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 9 hours and 30 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Trout Lake Media
- Audible.com Release Date: July 30, 2013
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00E912CMU
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Anne of Green Gables Audiobook – Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
1) Anne of Green Gables ages 11-16 found at the 1% mark in kindle version(start)
2) Anne of Avonlea ages 16-18 found at the 14% mark in kindle version
3) Anne of the Island ages 18-22 found at the 26% mark in kindle version
4) Anne of Windy Poplars ages 22-25 found at the 37% mark in kindle version
5) Anne's House of Dreams ages 25-27 found at the 49% mark in kindle version
6) Anne of Ingleside ages 34-40 found at the 60% mark in kindle version
7) Rainbow Valley ages 41-43 found at the 75% mark in kindle version
8) Rilla of Ingleside ages 49-53 found at the 86% mark in kindle version
Need a larger font or different type for your basic kindle? Open the book, press the menu button and click on "Change Font Size" where you have your choice of 8 size settings, 3 different typefaces, 3 line space settings or you can even reconfigure the words per line.
This collection actually bested my former favorite Anne of Green Gables Collection (Xist publishing ASIN: B016CFGT2Y) by including "Anne of Windy Poplars" which isn't one you're going to find separately for free on kindle.
Don't get discouraged if when you open the book for the first time or use the "Go to" button so as to arrive at the beginning you might think that it does not have a table of contents because it does! Simply use the page back function at that point and there you will find an active table of contents for all eight books including every chapter heading (which isn't something I necessarily require).
Reason I'm giving it only 4 stars? Doesn't include "Chronicles of Avonlea" and "Further Chronicles of Avonlea" which does reference Anne Shirley when she was about 20 years of age and for me should be in a 'complete' set (tho you can pick these two titles up free for kindle). Otherwise, book is a bargain and one I would definitely recommend.
I was very surprised to find that I kept tripping on certain sentences; the writing didn't seem as smooth as I remembered. When I got to chapter 6, I decided to compare a sentence in the digital print to my old, yellowing physical copy of Anne of Green Gables book. I realized why I had some difficulty reading my new digital copy: THERE ARE TYPOS IN THIS PRODUCT.
It contains the WORST kinds of typos. There are typos in which it results in sentences that don't make sense. There are typos with the wrong pronouns in them that make it confusing for the reader to understand which character the publisher meant to write about. I am able to follow the story because I've read Anne of Green Gables more than once with my hard copy but for new readers, these typos will make this beautiful story difficult to read and at times, understand.
I hope the digital copy can be fixed so that owners can enjoy L.M. Montgomery's work as it was meant to be enjoyed. I have given this two stars instead of one because of the fabulous price for kindle readers.