Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,825 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,809 reviews
on November 3, 2015
I am SO pleased with the quality of this book! I knew the illustrations would be perfection but the paper quality is wonderful. It is very white, thick and fairly smooth. I have used Prisma Premier colored pencils and they did beautifully. THIS book also features quotes from the story line with many of the illustrations so it be a wonderful gift for a mother or grandparent to color and pass down to their family! The cover is very heavy and has shiny gold metallic highlights and lettering. The cover also is colorable and features two large fold out flaps on both the back and front...the inside of the cover has beautiful illustrations also. I don't mean to say that the "cover" is separate...it is the book itself. I think anyone would be very pleased and actually surprised with the quality feel and appearance of this book once it is in your hands! I am super pleased!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on September 6, 2013
I took a gamble on buying this edition when no one had reviewed it yet. I tried several other Kindle editions available and had found them truly appalling in terms of formatting. This however, is significantly better, featuring well structured chapter breaks and all the original illustrations, which enhance the story a lot.

Furthermore, considering it contains both books, plus the excellent Hunting of the Snark, it is a fantastic price.

However, there are still some glaring mistakes, such as some formatting bugs in a few of the poems and spelling errors in places (such as at the start of Looking Glass, where some of the Ls are replaced with 1s - I guess a scanner did the 'writing here').

5 stars for the great price and superior formatting over the other options. -1 star for the glaring lack of proof reading from the publisher.
0Comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2016
I'm not sure if it is possible to review this particular edition (Bantam Classics with an Introduction by Morton Cohen), but that's what I'm doing. Of course the content of these books stands alone The best thing about this edition that it's a steal. You get both Adventures and Looking Glass in one edition for $4. As for this edition, it's very light-weight, almost newspaper stock. It does include illustrations, I'm not sure how complete they are, but they seem to compare well to those included in the Simon & Shuster Enriched Classic edition. When I bought this I was looking for reviews that compared editions, but couldn't find any. I had the S&S from the library and it was recalled. That edition has end notes, which are quite useful. This edition does not, which is disappointing.
on December 27, 2014
Although this book cost 20 bucks, it was work every penny. If your thinking about sitting down and reading a book with your child or grandchild, you will not go wrong with this spectacular item. I hesitate to call it a book because I have seen many pop up books and this one, and the Wizard of Oz I also purchased, were two experiences a child will not soon forget. It is not something you would hand to a child under the age of 8 and say 'Here, check this out' or it will be so easily mucked up in fairly short order. It is just a bit delicate but with some reasonable care, I think it should last for years. This book was a gift for a Second Grade teacher and she could not have been more pleased and is very eager to take to this to class when school starts back after the holiday.
on May 10, 2017
This is a masterpiece! I know it is too early for my 6 month old, but I just couldn't help myself to get it, because I am so afraid it will discontinued, leaving me regretting not getting it while I can. Lol.
I read it myself when I received it and then put it on my bookshelf instead of baby's. I will give it to my daughter years later when she grows up. It will worth years of waiting.
on March 13, 2016
I have a small collection of editions of Alice. One can say I am a fan. The reproductions of Dali's works are small and not well printed. The introduction is too long and focusses on the authors and their reputations, NOT on Dali and Carroll. If I had found the book in a bookstore, rather that buying it blind on Amazon, I would not have bought it.
on May 13, 2017
This book enchants everyone I share it with. Reading out loud to children is a particular pleasure, as they enjoy every word as well as the action in some of the pop-ups. (Alice swimming moves her arms and kicks her feet, plus many others.) One of my favorites is the Mad Hatter and March Hare dipping the dormouse into the teapot. How amazing such a book can be!
on February 1, 2015
5th grade advanced reader is hard to find challenging books that aren't full of sex and yet keep him excited about reading. This collection was one of those that fits in that little niche. He loved it!
on August 4, 2017
A classic contained in a nice little volume filled with original art prints. This version is good for collectors who intend on keeping it for a while. The gold edging on the pages is a bit kitchy & its about the size of a paperback so might not be the best for children, but for adults who still occasionally find the need to revisit wonderland this is perfect.
on November 17, 2016
The pop ups are so cool! But the text is REALLY LONG. It's not a book your small children will be able to sit and listen to. I bought it for my 6 year old and I lost her after the 3rd paragraph and each page has about 20. They loved the pictures but it's not ideal text for small ones.