Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 3, 2013
Let it be said that this thing is HUGE! I knew it was going to be big, I even knew the steamer was 12" across. I just didn't realize what that was going to look like in real life! Somewhat different than holding a ruler across 12".With that said, I am very pleased it's as big as it is because I have a lot of steaming I do! My poor old dog is allergic to commercial dog foods so I steam yams for her and was doing it seemingly constantly with my little basket steamer and when I was steaming for her, I couldn't for us. I had to do it in two batches. So, now, I can steam everything all at once!

I am thrilled that the casserole can also double as a stock pot! I make a lot of soup during the colder months and I just love the size and shape of this. It's bigger than the pan I've been using so I'll be able to make a little more, as well. Not to mention it's oven safe so I can make my famous vegetable timbale and have more leftovers!

I lucked out that the lid perfectly fits one of my favorite frying pans that didn't come with a lid and I've not been able to find one anywhere. It's true, when you pick up the lid water streams off of it so when I pick up the lid I just hold it over the pot until that stops. Pretty simple. And cleanup is a breeze!

I don't think I could love this any more than I do and if I could give it even more stars I would!!!
review image
on January 15, 2015
As long term 'commercial' pots and pan users, first magnalite and then caphalon with a smattering of other options along the way as well, the current winner is anolon products. These have great handles, sturdy solid pots/pans and their non-stick is seemingly holding up much better than earlier caphalon products. This pan was purchased much because of the large steamer option (for corn, other large veggies, seafood & more).So far, the pot alone has been used & it's a winner. Never a worry about handles/lid top handle. Good heat conductivity. Cleaned easily. Anolon is still the preference here now.
on June 24, 2014
This pot is much larger than I expected. I guess I should have read the dimensions more carefully. To be more specific is is both large in diameter, and with the steamer insert in place it is very tall as well. The only way I can get it into my lower cabinets is to put it in once piece at a time and assemble it inside the cabinet.

It is too bad that this is the only black Anolon Advanced Hard Anodized steamer available. I bought it as it matches the rest of the set. Now I wish I had bought something that more useful and in the same general style.

Personally I would not buy this again as I find it too large. However I gave it 3 stars because it is well made, works properly, and is otherwise a very nice pot. Overall I am very pleased with the Anolon Advanced pots. The non-stick coating covers the inside and out making it extremely easy to clean; even if you have a spill over. In the year+ I have owned these pots I do not have any damage to the non-stick coating surface.
on September 8, 2014
great product, arrived fast, and in new condition.. very pleased
on August 30, 2014
This turned out to be much larger than I expected (I didn't read the measurements) which is perfect for an entire head of cauliflower or broccoli. I just love Anolon and am so glad to add this one to my set so I can eat healthier. Try making shrimp and broccoli rather than getting chinese, just don't keep the shrimp in too long.
HALL OF FAMEVINE VOICEon April 6, 2013
Style Name: With Steamer Insert|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This steamer is very wide across (12 inches), which makes it a lot easier to steam vegetables than with my old smaller steamer. Now I can steam asparagus whole, and even corn on the cob - with my old steamer I would have to fold the asparagus over and adjust during cooking. I've also made dumplings and lion's head meatballs in this steamer and everything so far has been easy and tasted delicious.

All in all there isn't a ton to say about this product, it's a steamer that provides a lot more space than usual and does a great job! Highly recommended if this is what you're looking for.
8 helpful votes
9 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on November 26, 2012
I have a lot of pans in my home and have had several different brands over the years. When we first got married a decade ago, we had a set of calphalon that replaced a set of circulon that I'd had (both nonstick). Since then, we've gone away from nonstick towards stainless steel, but I was curious about the pan. I have a stainless multi-use Cuisinart stainless pan that I love to use, but it's often too small for the soups I want to make in it. This pan on the other hand, is the perfect size.

This pan is larger than it looks in the picture. It is 7 1/2 quarts. Most stock pots included in a basic set of pans are either 6 or 8 qts. So, this pan is about the size of a stock pot, but is wider. This is a great thing! It is easier to stir and look into than a stock pot as your cooking (if you're a medium height woman like I am). My mom made some turkey soup after thanksgiving in this pan and was very pleased. It fit a double recipe which is the size my family cooks regularly. The day before I had cooked 2 pounds of pasta in it with no problem. The nonstick coating seems durable, but I still wouldn't use metal utensils on it. The directions included with the pan state that you can, but I am skeptical. I don't use metal utensils with my nonstick pans and they still eventually end up with scratches (and have to be replaced). So, I would err on the side of caution and not use metal utensils. The pan was very easy to clean. The large size of this pan does make it a bit of a doozy to store, though. So, you'll want to make sure you have enough space for it.

The steamer insert is nice and large. I have a much smaller steamer set. My mother in law saw this pan and thought it was a great size for a family. She raised 6 kids and always has to stirfry vegetables because she didn't have a pan large enough to steam vegetables for her family in. The steamer insert is large enough to steam whole spears of asparagus, a few pieces of corn, a large amount of broccoli, cauliflower, or other larger vegetables. The one thing that is strange about the insert is that if you set it on a counter, it will make a metal pop sound when you pick it up because it is slightly rounded on the bottom. I checked my smaller metal steamer to see if it did the same thing. It could pop if I pressed hard on it, but it is half the diameter of this steamer.

My cuisinart soup pan (5 1/2 qt. size) was only $20. This pan is $100. Does the pan warrant the price? It is is an unusual size, shape, and design. If it fits the kind of cooking you do regularly, then I'd recommend it. The basic pan sets are great, but I've always found that I have had to add to those sets for the wide range of cooking that my family does. I have to add in a cast iron skillet, soup pot, extra large stock pot, high edge skillet (3"+ edge for frying), steamer set... I wish the price tag on it was around $60 or $70. I think it would be much more appealing then. But, I looked up covered casserole pans and this one is very comparably priced for the size and considering that it includes the steamer insert (so it does double duty). So, the price tag doesn't seem so out of line when compared with what's on the market.

The handles are cool to the touch and I liked the handles for the pan, steamer insert, and lid. They were easy to pick up and use.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
VINE VOICEon November 25, 2012
Putting the Anolon Casserole through its paces this past week, here is the rundown:

1. A concern: the packaging and description state that the soft handles are good to 400 degrees. The "Use and Care" manual says not to heat it above 350 degrees. That needs clarified. Mine will be stove-top at any temp and oven only to 350 until I track down that answer.

2. Effectiveness: one can make more spaghetti than you can imagine in this pot. Wow. Huge size, but the design spreads heat evenly and it's very effective.

3. Cleanup: cleans very nicely. Even melted cheese.

4. Not for everyone: I have a stainless steel skillet, 5-quart, that has a solid lid. The glass lid fits my skillet/saute pan, and the steel fits this dish. Benefit? I now have a see-through pan for my saute pan.

5. Steam basket: this one does not lose steam, it fits nicely. Second, it is spacious enough to spread food out into a single layer. I have not, however, tried steaming beef as the description suggests. That just does not sound good.

6. Price: it is pricey. This is no fluff-pan, but for someone looking to step up a bit in quality in the kitchen.

7. Nonstick: metal safe nonstick is a good thing, since I have many metal utensils.

Is it a must-have? No, I lived without it. Would I have been glad to find it under the tree? I would have. It will be in regular usage now that I have it.
2 helpful votes
VINE VOICEon November 22, 2012
Received this over-sized casserole / steamer / dutch over through the Amazon Vine program a few days ago and put it through its paces for the mother of all Holidays - Thanksgiving(2012).

1. Steamer - Its size is behemoth. At 7 1/2 quarts you can cook just about anything in it and
its first use was that as a steamer for a truck load of broccoli. The lid fits
tightly and the water heated quickly.

2. Casserole - Threw my stuffing into it and place it in a 350 degree oven to finish the
stuffing off that resided in the bird. The non stick surface made the pot
a breeze to clean and the heat of the oven held no problems.

3. Size - This is a HUGE pot. Make sure you have room for it in your cabinets. If you are
an apartment dweller you may have problems storing it.

4. Sytle - Handsome looking pot that you may even feel comfortable enough to leave on a
trivet and serve straight from it.

5. Weight - It's heft is surprisingly light for a pot of this size, but by no means flimsy.

Overall this piece of equipment will be sure to please and at the current price of 80 bucks, I really don't see how you could go wrong buying it. I will use it as a dutch oven in the near future, but with the non-stick surface a cook may not get the browning necessary to achieve success in some recipes. When the turkey is done sometime in mid December I will update the review for use as a dutch oven.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
VINE VOICEon December 19, 2012
I got this 7-1/2-quart Anolon covered casserole and steamer as an addition to my other Anolon pots and pans. I was looking for a large pot to make soup or chili in and the steamer feature seemed like a nice bonus. I did not realize how large 7-1/2 quarts is !!! The casserole and steamer are of the same high quality as my previous cooking and baking sets BUT is it BIG. I can not store it in the cabinet with the other pots & pans.
The soup pot/casserole is very nice however and works well for one dish chili also. The ground beef can be fried in the pot and then the beans, salsa, Spicy Hot V8 and seasoning packets can be added. Only one pot to clean and because it is Anolon, the clean-up is easy. The pot works well for ham & beans, soup, spaghetti, and chili.
I had never steamed anything before and learned by trial and error that less water is better and you can even steam 10" tortillas in this steamer.
The literature states it is a "metal utensil safe Anolon Advanced steamer set" but since I have and do use non-metal utensils on my other Anolon cook-ware I see no reason to tempt fate. The literature also indicates it is oven safe to 400 degrees but the only time I have used it in the oven as a casserole the recipe called for 375 but I held the temperature at 350 degrees and added 15 more minutes to the time. The food tasted O.K. and the pot was O.K. also. It really is almost too big to use as a casserole unless several guests are coming for a meal. As with my other Anolon cook-ware, the glass lid is a real plus that I don't know how I lived without when I used Stainless steel cook-ware. The silicone rubber SureGrip handles are also a very nice plus !
Bottom Line: Bigger than I expected, but a very nice casserole and steamer.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.