Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Celebration Day forum

Another Amazon Screw Up

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 11, 2012 12:12:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 6:34:30 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 3:03:18 PM PDT
I hear ya. Since so many of my old haunts I used to visit for CDs, records and DVDs are long gone we have to depend on these type of stores for our music and movie needs in many cases. I found this by accident also while looking at the Who Live in Texas 1975 DVD. I am very interested in this DVD/CD for sure. Amazon does not need to make an effort since so many of us suckers just buy buy buy their stuff. It is so easy to have it show up at your door. I myself miss shopping for this type of item and looking through all of the other titles at the old school record stores. In San Diego they had several stores called Music Trader that had tons of CDs and DVDs but most if not all are gone now. Oh well maybe Best Buy will have a better price anyway, they are still around.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2012 1:46:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2012 1:49:37 AM PDT
Wizard says:
http://www.ledzeppelin.com/celebrationday/o2_listings.html

Movie Listings For The 1 nite Only Night Showing In The USA ....Oct 17,2012 Might have another NIte Added Check Local Theaters ;-)

Take Care !
Blessings
~~Wild Wizard~~
\m/ \m/

Posted on Oct 15, 2012 1:11:40 PM PDT
A. Daniels says:
Well one thing i always do to keep up is check out utube for my fav bands.I also keep their home page on my favs.I sure wish I could see the cinema showing of Celebration day, but impossible on a weekday.I wish they could screen this on a weekend.I guess they think nobody has to work for a living!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 17, 2012 6:11:23 AM PDT
Johnny Apollo, I agree! I ONLY really want the movie of the concert. The bonus footage of rehearsals will be nice, but the packaging and labeling is confusing. They have one edition listed as Blu-Ray Audio. I'm still not 100% confident with dropping $30.00 on a poorly labeled package only to find out that the actual concert film wasn't included. I even contacted an Amazon representative and HE still couldn't tell me for sure. Arrrrgghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 7:35:42 PM PDT
Just got back from seeing Celebration Day, it was AWESOME! These guys can still rock, or at least they could 5 years ago when this happened! Honestly, I think Plant's vocals were better in this, than they were when I saw him in 94 w/ Page&Plant. I was a bit disappointed with the shortened Stairway, but they made up for that with a truly haunting Dazed and Confused and No Quarter. Jimmy Page was spot-on with the solos on everything and seemed like he was genuinely enjoying himself. Jones rocked the bass and the keys hard, and Jason did his dad proud. It was a great show and I cant wait to see it again!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2012 12:00:24 PM PDT
JerryM says:
The Blu-Ray audio version is an audio-only disc, a 5.1-mixed blu-ray instead of a standard CD. You would play this on your blu-ray player as opposed to your CD player. It is NOT the video of the concert. The concert film will be on Blu-ray or DVD and come with an audio copy of the concert, on 2 CDs. A deluxe edition includes the dress rehearsal on a standard DVD. These are either 3 or 4-disc sets: 1 Blu-ray or DVD + 2 CDs or 1 BR + 1 DVD + 2 CDs.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 8:05:39 AM PDT
Yes, I noticed that. IMO, it seems silly & redundant and probably NOT what many of us want...Personally, I'd just like a Blu-ray video w/o the extra s!@#, but then they couldn't charge so much...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2012 4:39:27 PM PDT
I did some more research, found the version that I want and ordered it. I actually only wanted the Blu-Ray of the concert and the bonus rehearsal footage, but it came with 2 CD's as well. Can't wait for Nov. 20th!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 8:01:45 AM PDT
yeah, that's the version i'm getting too

1 blu ray of the show
1 dvd of the rehearsal footage
2 cd set of the show

and it's under $30 right now for that pre-order
can't wait to get it!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2012 8:48:31 AM PDT
May not even hafta wait until the 20th. Last time I pre-ordered something (Pink Floyd doc) it arrived day of release. I was happy!!!

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 9:54:49 AM PDT
Start saving for the Led Zeppelin remaster albums Jimmy Page's manager says he is working on. These are supposedly like the Pink Floyd immersion sets. The albums will be completely remastered with alternate versions and additional live performances. These supposedly will be out next year. They'll cost ya, but we'll buy them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 11:31:51 AM PDT
I just read that yesterday. I may hafta read some customer reviews before I shell out the dough on those.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 12:48:14 AM PST
J. Berning says:
stop saying "hafta" ... annoying !

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:16:13 AM PST
I will...when you start capitalizing. Get a life!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 12:12:35 PM PST
Brett Carter says:
I thought Mothership was remastered goodies? It sounded good.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 7:31:34 AM PST
Yeah, you have to "remaster" everything everytime to get us to buy the same music we already own.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 2:16:48 PM PST
Jean Paul says:
Amazon does not create the multiple formats of this release, the label does. Since I am an Amazon customer, they sent me a detailed email about this release last week. I hope it is available for Video Download so I can watch it once or twice and not have to buy it.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:41:48 AM PST
anonymous says:
I am not sure the 94 remasters can really be improved on Especially the 2007 mini lp cd set which although its same masters sounds a bit better than 94 box..I thought Mothership sounded louder and thats about it...I prefer early/Latter Days...Battle of evermore is one of my favorites

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 9:25:41 AM PST
Coltrane says:
Be careful about remasters. Many times the music just becomes even more compressed until it is over-compressed. Always do the research. Sometimes the remasters actually sound worse. This site might help:

http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/index.php?search_artist=led+zeppelin&search_album=
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Celebration Day forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Oct 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Celebration Day
Celebration Day by Led Zeppelin (Audio CD - 2012)
4.7 out of 5 stars (1,468)